March Weather: Lion or Lamb ?

It sucks that we are fixing to lose a hour of sleep.

Oh well lucky for the ones that don't do the time change.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 37. Was overcast most of the day so felt chilly off and on.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

17º Dark.

Love Daylight time, should stay there year around.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

You know,, CountryGardens ,,, If we asked Mother Nature to do that ,,, I would be afraid of the Reply these days ..

22 the chill
32 the temperature ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Green Bay tonite- Wis. 18* windchill 10*, 6mph wind. Has been so long since I punched a time clock I dont notice anything othr than irritation at the having to plan the hours differently- and as often as I cross time zones, it feels the same way My clocks are changed now. When I wake up the changes are already caught up with ME.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 79F. It is partly cloudy today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 09, 2014
Clear
56 °F
Clear
Humidity: 39%
Dew Point: 31 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.14 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16

All that rain we got last weekend and the Rocky Oaks pond is still dry.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well Kelli , The Settlers , and mountain men would be saying ; Well , the watering hole is dry and Were in trouble ...

40 degrees
Wind WSW 12
Humidity 50%
Wind chill 33 degrees
Dew Point 23 degrees
Pressure 30.12
Visibility 10
UV 2 low
Moon phase; Waxing Gibbons ..

A silly question ,, Isn't there a Hen or Bird named a Gibbons Hen ? or something like that ?

High of 60 with sunshine and some wind.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High of 44º
Now 38º

Juhur, there is a Guinea hen, also known as Guinea fowl.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I believe I was thinking of a breed of Pheasant or maybe a Dove , can't find it either , Net search does that to me a bunch these days , information comes and goes as it does ..
Oh well ,

40 degrees now
34 wind chill
wind SW 8 mph
Humidity 59 %

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Gambels quail Ju? Ft Wayne, In. windyish, coldish, but not precipatating on me, i will stick my head out tomorro and check for specifics.

Mountain View, HI

Started out a bit grey with light showers. Got a break of about 2 hrs this morning and then from midday on the rain just kept coming down. This evening its been pounding on our metal roof. Not flooding but moderate. They say it will rain on and off until Tuesday. Around 70f.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

42°/59°/35°
Today...Mostly sunny. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight...Mostly cloudy. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the north after midnight.

Kelli,
I'm glad yo had a little fog then :o)
A Tuna like I've never seen, LOL!

Microb,
Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it.

We really melted yesterday and have water everywhere. This morning the yard has mostly soaked in, the snow piles have shrunk considerably and we will have a more beautiful day today.

Spring! It's really coming!

We turned clocks back yesterday afternoon and didn't even notice. I managed to stay up till 8:00 pm and got up at 4:30 am. I'm going to miss getting up at 3:30am. I did wake up, but gave myself a chance to go back to sleep. I have to start ''Spring mode''

Have a beautiful day everyone!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Waxing gibbous, chuckl. SUN! WIND! Burn alerts! Truck dash has 43* as tthe sun looks above treelines...

They are calling for a high of 77F again. A little bit warm for this time of year, I think. No rain in the forecast. I think the rain is done for the year.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on March 10, 2014
Clear
53 °F
Clear
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 34 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.20 out of 12

This message was edited Mar 10, 2014 6:12 AM

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt I know n what most of those birds are , Been a long time since I've seen any quail .

Billyp This month we gain 10 degrees on average ^_^^_^^_^

41 degrees now possible 60 f for today ^_^
Wind SSW 11 mph
34 chill
visibility 5mi

The Temperatures on the national Forecast sure have changed in 7 or 8 days !!! ^_^

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I do occasionally see quail, the Gambels was always a favorite, Road Runners, and still hear Whippoorwills. Will be glad to hear them sing again. Sun feels good as Ft Wayne warms on up- 63* and climbing

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Currently 78 F and sunny. Daffodils and tulips up. We're suppose to switch back to winter tomorrow night. I'm enjoying this Spring preview weather while it lasts. : )

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

46º Mud & water everywhere.

What green said. lol.

Most of our mud has dried up finally. My truck is staying mostly clean longer than it normally does. I don't know what to do with a clean truck. lol

Mountain View, HI

Rain eased off today. Just showers throughout the day. Just over 3 inches of rain yesterday.
Should be drier tomorrow and for the rest of the week. Low 70s and not much sunshine yet.

Greenbrain - envy you those daffs and tulips, memories of England. Any chance of some pics.

The high today was close to 80 degrees.The wasp were out every where.It is 64 degrees now.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Microb, I have some prior year pics I can post because they haven't bloomed yet. I'll post tonight. I have to head off to work on the last day in the 70s & winter returns this evening.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

36°/49°/29°
Today... Partly sunny until late afternoon then becoming cloudy. A 40 percent chance of light rain in the afternoon. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight...Blustery. Rain and snow in the evening...Then light snow likely after midnight. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. North wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Not fazing me now!! LOL!

Let's see, the same as yesterday, which was the same as the day before, which was the same as the day before, which was the same as the day before... We have pretty boring weather outside of the rainy season. And since we have no rainy season this year, feel free to yawn away. Oh, wait, we have a wind advisory, gusts up to 45mph. So, not quite the same as yesterday.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on March 11, 2014
Clear
60 °F
Clear
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 36 °F
Wind: 10 mph from the North
Pressure: 29.94 in (Steady)
Pollen: 8.10 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

Beautiful Hawaiian day. The tradewinds have returned so its white fluffy clouds in a blue sky with the occasional larger cloud giving us a shower. Currently 70f.
Orchid cactus are starting to bud so can't wait for April, May and June.
The red one is Jan 14, the orange Jun 13.

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Last I looked today 61 degrees today
39 and rain tonight .
tomorrow 33 5 to 8 inches of snow expected
8 degrees possible tomorrow night ,
I will and am enjoying today , Weather can keep tomorrow ,,

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Bernie the snowy pictures are really pretty, and a heck of a lot snow. Microb the orchids are beautiful, some squirrels just ate all my buds on mine...so mad at them.

I really did go camping two hours north of here for 8 days. We had a day in the 80's, a night in the upper 30's a whole solid day of pouring down heavy flooding rain, several cloudy days but at least no rain, and then two gorgeous sunny days in the low to mid 70's...thank goodness the last two days. We went from shorts and flip flops to thermal underwear and sweat suits...muck boots, and back to shorts and flip flops again.

Today I'm back home and it is sunny and 79°.

Mountain View, HI

Sunkissed - I'm sure you know but just so we don't confuse folks - officially they are not orchids like people imagine orchids. They are a cactus - Epiphyllums. Not sure how they got the name Orchid Cactus.
Weather here is fantastic., just over 80f, nice and breezy - shirtless and shorts today.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

High 83 F and Sunny today. Clouds moving in and 78 F right now. Low of 32 F tonight with winds gusting up to 50 MPH from the NW and rain changing to snow. Expected high of 39 F as Vulcan tracks thru the area as we slowly transition from Winter to Spring.

Thumbnail by greenbrain

Not quite as warm as green today but close. We are currently down to 54 and dropping fast. Had a mini front move in with dark clouds and 40 mph winds and now just waiting for the next round to move in.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We have a Winter Weather Advisory .
4 Am to 4 PM tomorrow ,
Early estimates are 3 to 5 inches of snow for us here , more for a few ..
58 degrees here now
NE 11 mph wind
5 mi visibility
67 % humidity
I am really tired of snow ,,,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I went from 56* @ sunup on the Ind/Oh state line to 40* in Chicago. Dry tho. Got to Janesville, Wi and there was a light rain with drops that smacked of melted snow, enough to wet the ground and gone. La Crosse Wis tonite, handed $3. To a gal who stopped and begged a cup of coffee and chips from me when I parked. Weather 40* and clear, breeze very light.

Janesville, Wis

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Come over here to MN. You don't need to drive to see different weather.
Almost 50º Monday, cloudy, rain yesterday morning, 33º afternoon.
This morning sun & 22º.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Actually I was driving Mn and ND the fall your thundersnows were wow-ing the oldtimers, chuckl. Texas also has 4 weather patterns each day depending on 'whar ye air a settin'. La Crosse is chilly. Eau Claire will be too, but weekends appear to be settin up to be awesome.
29* @ daylite, breezes, overcast but I wont have to squint thru sunup.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

64 yesterday's high 30 today so far ,
And ;
Yeah , that again ..

Thumbnail by juhur7

Windy today. I know this sounds stupid but it feels a lot colder than 70F. 70F should feel nice, not chilly. They are calling for a high of 76F.

Updated: 10:51 AM PDT on March 12, 2014
Clear
70 °F
Clear
Humidity: 14%
Dew Point: 18 °F
Wind: 20 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 26 mph
Pressure: 30.01 in (Steady)
UV: 5 out of 16
Pollen: 9.60 out of 12

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

No snow here. Only showers. Not as warm today. Only low 40s. Clouds come and go. Wind was pretty strong. Of course, it is the windy month. Lots of robins hopping about.

I haven't seen the robins yet. They're hiding here which is a bit unusual.

Pretty much same weather as green today. Chilly but sunny. Highs in the low 40s. Strong winds also.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.