March Weather: Lion or Lamb ?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I just read Shake and Bake...LOL. good one.

I remember all the tremors when I lived in Calif. Along with fire-drills at school we had earthquake drills. ☺

Cooler gloomy skies, rained all night long with thunder and lightning (kind of cool)...currently 61°, but feels cooler. Sun should come back by this afternoon. High predicted of 76°.

Some Florida swamp and wildflowers....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Nice wildflowers.

I think it's time to stop complaining about no rain because it isn't going to rain anyways so I might as well come to terms with it.

They're calling for a high of 79F today. It might cool down on Friday and Saturday. There is a wind advisory for today but it hasn't gotten windy yet.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PDT on March 18, 2014
Partly Cloudy
56 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.83 in (Falling)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 9.00 out of 12

wildflowers here

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ah! Kelli! Your wildflowers DID finally bloom for the season? Or are those just last years trophies? Greenwood, Wi- thin spots in the snow are melting off 41* on the dash and we are runnin around outside in shirtsleeves. No flowerz til I get closer in to Atlanta...

Thumbnail by kittriana

Those are from this year.

Mountain View, HI

After the wind and rain over the weekend we have now settled in to our regular Hawaiian trade wind weather for the rest of the week. A little more cloud than usual but helps keep is cooler.
Just caught the sun right on the house this morning, and another pink Orchid Cactus that bloomed last week.

I'm tempted to start collecting Echinopsis. That's a beautiful bloom Kelli. Ebay has seed but that would take three or four years a think.

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes indeed beautiful blooms all .
Kelli did a nice Article yesterday also .

Made 50 degrees here today

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 62 here. Took forever to reach that point though!! Felt damp all morning so we were all shivering wishing the sun would come out and warm us up.

It is supposed to get up to 80F again today. I'm waiting for the cool-down this weekend. Currently 53F and clear at 7:20 AM.

Thumbnail by Kelli

BTW, juhur, thank you for reading my article and enjoying it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

48 degrees
87%humidity
12 to 15 Wind
60% our chance of rain
Cloudy . cold day .
8 day forecast has snow in it ???

Kelli ( you are welcome !!!, ) I love those blooms , they don't grow here I have seen them before ,, travels and all .lol

Pretty much the same as yesterday, which was the same as the day before, which was the same as the day before...

They are calling for a high of 77F and partly cloudy.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 20, 2014
Scattered Clouds
52 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.01 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 9.20 out of 12

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy Spring everyone! ☺

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50 degrees for today
6mph wind
56%humidity
Happy Spring to you also sunkissed !!! ^_^

Feels cold though .
Three tornado drills today . I am not hiding under a table or going into the cellar , unless I have to !!! lol

Currently 67 and winds seems to have calmed down for the night. Now if my truck would magically heal itself and quit being such a trouble maker and all will be great!! lol

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Was above 32F and then rain, ice rain and snow moved in.

much colder now

will be sharing this gift too. :)

oh the jokes are really flying around now re spring in Canada. *spring installation in Canada failed* is the fave of the Texans that just had to post it in the Canadian thread.

My excitement for the winter...grader was on our street for two days removing a winter's worth of snow compressed into ice. Ruts were 8 inches deep just prior to his arrival. Our car bottomed out twice the day before (thought for sure we'd lose a pan/bumper and/or trailer hitch.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckl, The Eyes of Texas are upon you! You keep trying to install that Spring! We are rootin for you Lilly! Was 45* til dawn and frosted the grass in Bessemer, Alabama. 64* now by 0918 cdt zone. Sunshine, tiny breeze. MY eyes n heart are headed toward Texas, the truck will be moving soon as I get loaded, secured and doors closed!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

67 degrees here today ^_^^_^^_^
Sunny today also
10 mph wind
35% Humidity

Yes indeed , A nice one !

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Same old s*** here. 28º
Strong NW wind.

Mid 60s and mostly cloudy today. Cold front moving in thanks to Lily who loves to share the cold. lol

They are calling for a high of 65F today. That is good weather in my book.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on March 22, 2014
Overcast
56 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the SE
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 8.40 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 degrees
67% humidity
W 4mph wind
cloudy , cold ,

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

32°/39/18°
Cold, cloudy and windy :o(

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Must admit misery does love company and boy there are a lot of normally spoiled Canadians ie Southern Ontario and those who live in Montreal that are upset they've had snow on the ground for 100 days now. I've seen many of them post this has been a soul crushing winter.

Just have to say last winter we had snow for 180 days with snowbanks that were higher then semi cabs.

I've also noted many Americans have jumped ship and are now posting in Canadian winter posts (they'd be from the Northern States ;) : https://www.facebook.com/251089648271407/photos/a.251092048271167.56433.251089648271407/643989612314740/?type=1&theater

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

You will absolutely love this one Bernie (and anyone else in the purple zone) https://www.facebook.com/357310621053454/photos/a.401605366623979.1073741831.357310621053454/548337191950795/?type=1&theater

Cold, windy and sunny. High of 45 though it felt alot colder than that. Another freeze coming for a few days. Had to hurry up and water at work this afternoon while we had the time and warm enough weather.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Purple, that's the color of my fingers this morning after passing out eggs. Only lasted about 50 minutes, but temperature was only 10º with that wind from Lilies direction.
I have an egg group that gets eggs every other Saturday. Orders are emailed to me, then I meet them in a parking lot in Mankato.

Weather is going to stay cold through Wed. Then maybe the 40's. Worst of this is, that it isn't that much away from normal. To many years of global warming.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

South end or edge of the purple zone here looking at mid teens to mid 30s the next four days ..
That is 20 -30 degrees below normal here ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Texas... what can I say. 77* @ 1930 cdt, humidity 66%, dew point 65%, wind ESE 4mph, moonrise 1236 am, moonset 1127am, sunrise 0723am, sunset 0735. Were supposed to have 30% chance of rain all thru day, but the sun and clouds shared the day without the rain.
Wild blackberries are in full bloom and the bees are busy, trees are beginning to leaf out.

Thumbnail by kittriana

At 46F, it was a little cooler this morning than it has been. It is welcome.

They are calling for a high of 70F. There might be some showers on Wednesday.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 23, 2014
Clear
51 °F
Clear
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Pollen: 9.10 out of 12

Pollen is suppose to be coming from cottonwood, oak, and juniper.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

31 degrees
Humidity 43%
light snow this morning
cloudy now ,
Sun shines five minutes . then gray again , half an hour later Sun shines five minutes ,,

Kelli , Pretty Iris .

Coolish, around 40 and sunny.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Pollen, yes, falls in sheets here and in spite of a brisk wind, my blue truck is yellow, here come more rain clouds, goody! muddy pollen paint...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A balmy 31º today!
Minnesota weather is still better than mud in Washington, forest fires in California, ice storms in the south & those nice hurricanes.
We can live through the cold weather.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

21°/35°/20°
Today...Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light snow. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight...Cloudy. Light snow in the evening...Then a chance of light snow after midnight. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent

My car is in the garage, so I don't get the pollen bath.

They are calling for a high of 72F today. Right now it is cloudy but that will burn off.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 24, 2014
Overcast
56 °F
Overcast
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the South
Pressure: 30.07 in (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
Pollen: 9.10 out of 12

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

From St. John's NFD
"More snow....15-20 cm in the forecast :p"

From Ottawa, ON
" -20 again this morning. Any time, Spring, any time now."

From Canada's normal hot spot, Windsor, ON
"0c today with sun and a chance of flurries! O_o "

From Gatineau, QC
" Ungodly cold again. When is this going to end? "

From Vancouver, BC
"Magnolia tree in downtown Vancouver/West End" (with pic and they wonder why the rest of Canada hates mainland BC'ers ;)

From Montreal, QC
"-13C this morning with a wind chill of -22C.

Only up to -7C with a wind chill of -15C and sunny! I am speechless. That is 11C below average which is INSANE for late March."

From somewhere East of Manitoba (Toronto, ON going by other posts of his) :
" I've almost given up on the idea that it'll ever be spring-like. What a soul crushing winter this has been (even though it's been sunnier than usual). "

Another ON posting:
" Our March average this year is what our January should've been. "

Currently -11C here (but not unusual for this time of year). *sigh*

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckl, hang in there, its just delayed this year and you are holding on to the moisture needed south of you. Vancouver is always unseasonably different than the rest of Canada...53* overcast and windy. A lot like Feb usually is by month end. Are we goin out like a lamb or like someone forgot to reset the season?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Kittriana when that El Nino develops I think you should head up to Canada with your semi. Would so love to meet you and I don't think you will float* away here. While we do indeed have snow it isn't as bad as last year and the year before...unless we get a huge dump in the next little while (please God NO).

*while I see a lot of Texas/Californians are looking forward to the rains that El Nino will bring they are very worried re just HOW MUCH rain they will get. And going by what La Nina brought us I can't blame them (just ask Manitobans whose province turned into a giant lake these past couple of years).

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I am sittin tite in the lower 48 thanx. unless when i retire and am lost awhlle my nother half may tote me up there...Sun! Hmmm. we see.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Speak of the devil...this looks interesting:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/comp/nhem/wv-animated.gif

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.