March Weather: Lion or Lamb ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Big fight here, lamb is trying to stay calm, Lion is trying to snow. That's about the way the weather went a ll.
-4º & light snow.
Da**ed cold!

Mountain View, HI

Started out clear and cool (will avoid saying cold) 60f at 7am. Humid, southerly winds pushed temps to 80f by 11am. Cloud cover increasing as rain front starts to approach from the west. Should be wet all day tomorrow and Monday (so they say). Like working in a sauna outside.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Not as much rain today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)

Updated: 1:00 PM PST on March 01, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
57 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 52 °F
Wind: 10 mph from the ESE
Pressure: 29.80 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well here we go ;Winter Storm Warning begins at 8PM this evening
43 to 46 degrees now depending on where your standing outside ,
Wind 11 mph
Visibility 10 miles
Overcast Cloudy ,gray sky
Humidity 40
oh well , oh , ..... you know .. once again , here we go ...

I forgot the Wind Chill 20 degrees , that's odd .. that chill at that temperature ..
and ; It Feels cold Too !!!

This message was edited Mar 1, 2014 6:55 PM

Sharing 'winter storm Titan' with you juhur. Sharing is caring. ;-)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I will Share and care as it drops to 6 degrees and winds 20 to 30 mph .
I will get a pic or 2 , problem is . I might really care? , lol

Weather is frustrating when it "gets to you" I am really tired of the cold outside , I am happy for indoor warmth and heat , but it just does not do for me after months and months of walking through a door and saying, hearing and or thinking BRRR or It's Cold .
Redundant ...

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Dallas was foggier than pea soup and humid. It felt awesome @ 4am- slept with windows down awesome. I left tho and am home in the north side of Houston. Not as far advanced into spring as Florida was, wondering if the drought is affecting how the trees are still dormant in some areas, redbuds in bloom in the next mile.. 74* with 79% humdity, winds sse at 9mph. Winter in Houston is so much more friendly than summer...

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently snowing and sleeting. 14 degrees out. Winter Storm warning in effect til sometime tomorrow. Travel Advisories out too.

Roads are a mess and I had a heck of a time getting my windshield cleared. The ice refused to scrape on one side, the heater was barely touching it and my fluids worked so so. Got it cleaned and by the time I hit the highway (with truck warmed up and heat coming out) my windshield was iced over again and I had a hole to look out of.

It is 68 degrees now.Tonights low will be 62 degrees.Tomorrow high is 74 degrees.Its been in the 70's to 80's in the past week.The wild flowers are growing and the trees are blooming.

This message was edited Mar 1, 2014 10:47 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

1 cup water with 2/3 cup vinegar. melts ice. Or go to Autostore or truckstop and buy gal of purple colored wiper fluid.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

54°/80°/59° and sunny ... Think I'll go camping. ☺

Southgal, Sounds like spring has sprung for you.

Kelli I saw mud slides on the news, hope that isn't happening to you.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

5°/7°/-10°
Sunday...Mostly cloudy. North wind 10 to 20 mph. Wind chill readings to 20 below.
Sunday Night...Partly cloudy. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings to 30 below after midnight.

We came in as a lion, we have 3'' of new snow and the lion still roars.

No mudslides at ol' El Rancho Kelli. The worst areas for that are below a burn area and I am not below a burn area.

Up to this point we got 3.75 inches of rain in this system. I can't tell if it will rain anymore today.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on March 02, 2014
Overcast
52 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.02 in (Steady)
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 7.70 out of 12

Pollen count is back up, oh, happy day. :-(

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Winter Storm Titan arrived in the St. Louis area during the wee hours bringing freezing rain followed by sleet and temps dropped from mid 40s to mid teens. Most church services have cancelled; including mine. Titan isn't finished here yet. We have more sleet and snow on it's way.

Wind chill currently around 2 F, but that will be the actual temp tonight. Winter is still very much with us in the Central Midwest.

Hi Sherri,i wish,but not yet.This coming week will be in the lows of 20's and 30's and the the high will be in the 40's and 50's.I have been blessed to have a break for the cold weather,but it sounds like its going to be cold next week.Sounds like we are back on the Roller Coaster weather.Beautiful like Spring weather for two weeks and cold the next.

I feel for the people that live in the freezing cold all year round.Their is know way I can handle that kind of weather all year round.

I've got an Internet friend who live in Iceland and for her, 60F is quite warm and 72F is hot.

Kelli,i am talking about the people that has been getting a beat down of snow and sleet all weather long.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I slept in. No reason to get going when it is -7º.
2 years ago we were planting our strawberry plants on this day!

Quote from CountryGardens :
I slept in. No reason to get going when it is -7º.

That's for sure. I agree with that.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

19 degrees Snow cover 2 inches
12 chill
wind 4mph
visibility 4 mi
Humidity 90%
Winter storm warning from 11;30 thins morning to 8;am tomorrow morning , so.. Here comes round 2.
Everybody !!! all together !!! Now !!! Group MOAN !!!
Mother Nature is here for the Weekend !!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I Vote Lion ,, Came With Mother Nature ,, Kitty Kitty ,Kitty ! ^_^ lol

Foggy pics this morning ;

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Mountain View, HI

Thick cloud cover, light southerly winds and light rain with moderate bursts. Started out at 61f early this morning and has only risen to 69 by 1pm. Light snow on summit of Mauna Kea.
Rain system will move slowly east giving us continuing rain through tomorrow morning.
The rain is generated by a low pressure system moving across the Pacific and may be the next west coast storm.

Yay! West Coast storm!

It didn't rain much today, but it really didn't need to.

Updated: 3:03 PM PST on March 02, 2014
Light Rain
57 °F
Light Rain
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Pressure: 30.11 in (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16

This message was edited Mar 2, 2014 3:28 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Zero

Currently 3 degrees. Been about that all day. Sleet hit last night, got about 2 inches of that on the ground. Have an inch or so of snow on top of that. Windchills around -15F and actual temps in the early morning will be -7F if not colder.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

from warm muggy to currently 32* with winds that carry warnings- the roads and ponds are hot, so the clouds are rising from all surfaces- look like fog off the ponds and the winds snatch em up and howl toward the south. I hear Texas has 95* in Laredo, wonder how bad Amarillo is right now...

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

My grand-daughter is here because her mom works Sunday evenings. She squealed when I said that her school is closed tomorrow. The kids here in the Midwest love the snow and bad weather. LOL

Today was cloudy and windy.Now raining and windy at 36 with a wind chill of 29.

GO AWAY COLD WEATHER.COME BACK WARM WEATHER!!!!

Mountain View, HI

Kelli - I just looked at a satellite view of the Pacific and the rain we have over Hawaii right now appears to be the tail end of a system that is just approaching the CA coast. Does that match up with your forecast for the next day or so.

Microb, no, no rain headed to my area this week, just clouds.

They are calling for a high of 70F today.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on March 03, 2014
Clear
51 °F
Clear
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Pressure: 30.08 in (Falling)
UV: 0 out of 16

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

-6°/10°/6°
Today...Mostly sunny. North wind around 5 mph shifting to the south in the afternoon. Wind chill readings to 25 below in the morning.
Tonight...Mostly cloudy. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 5 below.

Yep, it's a cold one.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Partly sunny. Plants that were growing-felt last nights bite. currently, 37*, windchill 29*, winds sse @ 18mph, humidity 67%. More wintry mix and freezing likely around midnite tonite. Bear in mind I am 60m north of downtown Houston, These guys like it hotter than southern Calif- tho the humidity makes us very thin skinned in temps like this.

32 now with a wind chill of 24 with the high of 43.

This message was edited Mar 3, 2014 1:39 PM

Low was -5 when I went to work today but the sun came out and warmed us up to 18. Felt like a heat wave after the brutal cold.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

made it to 19 today here . 10 now , no wind .
7 degrees this morning ,
about zero to 4 degrees for tonight ,,
Wind starts going ,, then it is really cold ,
I hate this ! I really do .. on & on

32 now with a wind chill of 25.The low for tonight is 28.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

The groundhog was right. Smarty pants!

Partly cloudy this morning. 48F

They are calling for a high of 73F. I'm not sure if that is seasonal for this time of year or not. Temperatures are always all over the map so you lose track of what might be average. (I'm convinced there is no such thing as 'normal' so I wish they would quit using that word.) Man, the trash trucks make a racket, but I digress.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on March 04, 2014
Fog
51 °F
Fog
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 49 °F
Pressure: 30.00 in (Falling)
Visibility: 0.5 miles
Pollen: 8.60 out of 12

There might be fog in Van Nuys but there is no fog here. (That reminds me of the cheer, 'There might be flies on some of you guys but there ain't no flies on us." Remember that?)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hangin around. Nuff tears for now

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

20 degrees
47% humidity
wind 3

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.