February Weather, 6 more weeks of winter.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

4 degrees , -8 chill this morning
A whole 14 degrees for a high today ,
it's cold again ,

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

59° this morning, a bit cloudy with peeps of sun, a cold front sinking down here today, heavy rain expected this evening and through the night. High today of 76F, currently at 64F.

Kelli so great to hear you are expecting rain...should we all start doing a rain dance for you? ☺

Beautiful photo EB of the sunrise....hope you heal up quickly.

An epidendrum orchid blooming in my garden, and my lipstick plant is blooming. Also saw two hummingbirds this past week and one butterfly. Spring is on the way.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Beautiful photos, E_B

Nice orchids. I've tried growing them here but had no luck . I would have to slave over them to keep them humid enough and I won't slave over my plants.

They are calling for a high of 67F. There was a little bit of mist falling when I went out to feed the fish this morning. The newspaper is calling for a downpour of Friday and WU is calling for showers. We sure could use that downpour. Sure it will mess with traffic, which is the ultimate southern CA sin, but we need the rain so badly.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 5:51 AM PST on February 26, 2014
Overcast
56 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Wind: 4 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.70 out of 12

This message was edited Feb 26, 2014 7:01 AM

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Same old crap!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High around 30 today and sunshine. Felt great compared to yesterday!! Tomorrow is last decent day for awhile. Old Man Winter returns with a vengence starting Friday and lasting til Monday. Several inches of snow possible over the weekend.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Have folks visiting tomorrow and Friday from our Milwaukee office. They'll probably enjoy the warmer temps that I've been fussing about and right now the ground is dry; though that's suppose to change on Friday.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

49 states with freezing temps. Calif finally got a bit of rain. St Louis is frigid. Feb is about gone and and the winds are blowing- but how MARCH arrives is what will count.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Bernie,
ROTFL!! Here too!!

7°/6°/-7°
Today...Sunny. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the morning. Wind chill readings to 20 below in the morning.
Tonight...Mostly clear. Northeast wind around 5 mph shifting to the southeast after midnight. Wind chill readings to 20 below.

We had an awesome rain last Thursday!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Saturday March 1st Regina, along with Winterpeg, is forecasted to hit -38C (-36.4F)!

Moose Jaw will bottom out at -36C.

Be ever so thankful the jet stream is straightening out (though some of the cold will still seep through that barrier). ;)

This message was edited Feb 27, 2014 9:35 AM

We got 0.2 inch of rain last night and it is supposed to rain tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday. (Probably off an on, not continuous.) If it pans out, that will be the most rain we've had in a year.

They are calling for a high of 67F today, chance of rain 70%. Personally, I don't think it will rain anymore until after dark. It takes a whopper of a storm for it to rain during the day.

Updated: 7:05 AM PST on February 27, 2014
Overcast
55 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 54 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.98 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 6.00 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oh and the windchill here is predicted to hit -64 (C). That would be -83 (F).

Feel warm now?

Mountain View, HI

Cloudy cool afternoon yesterday. Great for weedwacking. Light rain started about 4.30pm and continued throughout the night. Forecast to stay grey and damp most of the day. Cool lower 60s this morning. Winds light easterly will become light southerlies by tomorrow afternoon.
Look for changes over the weekend.

Lilypon, that sounds unreal, like something on Mars.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2014 8:30 AM

Mountain View, HI

Wow Lilypon - that's 140f colder than we are here in Hawaii.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Not Really lilypon , Although warmer and the difference I can tell , it's cold anyway ,
Your Artic Frigid were cold here . difference yes, warm No !!!

12 degrees
-8 chill
sunny currently
wind 19

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Juhur at your temps I'd almost be wearing shorts!

Cold it will be there too but I'm almost terrified of going to work tomorrow and especially Saturday. P

Folks I'm praying with all this Canadian's frozen (in fear) heart that they are WRONG re that windchill forecast.

That cold means almost instant freezing of skin.

omg

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lilypon ; Make a deal with the Polar Ice company ,? Or start your own? Only a thought ..

Okay shorts for Polar Bears. A frozen Lilypon

Really though , I feel for you , 63 F below About as cold as I had ever been in weather ,
It does things to people ,,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

2 PM & -2º One word, BRRR!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

:)
https://www.facebook.com/TiffanyGlobal/photos/a.373140066114373.89725.368588773236169/590829437678767/?type=1&theater

Frost bite can still occur in less than 2 minutes but oh what an improvement! :D

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

18/1, here

Lilypon WOW!!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

-80* windchills hit Montana already once this year. Best be plugged in to some heat, out of the wind and hope the roof stays on. My hands hurt at -4* the rest I would hibernate for. BE SAFE ALL!

Remember that wind chill does not affect your body the same as absolute temperature does. It only feels that cold, it is not that cold. If the temperature is 40F and the wind chill is 32F, water will not freeze. (According to what I read, that would violate a law of thermodynamics.) The water will just do what it does at 40F, and the same with your skin.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Not true , Kelli , I argue ,, Wind Burns and dries the exposed Skin at Chill Temperature ,,
I'm experienced as to the matter ,,

40 degrees won't burn your skin on it's own . Put a good storm wind with that and it will

Lot less wind than that will at the temperatures we are talking here ,
At below 10 degrees it does not take much wind to burn the skin
Lower where we are talking ,, poof ... your skin is burnt dry ..30 below will break some of your hair , Put a wind with that and it will break off a bunch of hair , freeze dried !

Currently 23 with a high around 26 or so and sunny. Tomorrow, last I heard was to be 15 for a high and some snow.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

The actual temp will be -40C

The windchill of -52 (C) or -61.6 (F) will rob us of any body heat in exposed areas faster than we would normally lose it at -40C without wind. At that windchill our exposed skin will start to freeze in two minutes. -40C without wind means we would probably have 10 or 15 window before our skin froze.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

10 degrees and calm now ;

Lilypon I think of that as difference of holding 100 pounds over your head , big difference as to 2 minutes or 10 minutes .. Cold is the Same to your core temperature or exposed skin '
I'm Agreeing that Cold is Wicked !!!

Kelli ,, Was not truly arguing , only saying .
and' Thank you for Daily Flower !!! nice !!!^_^

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Freeze dried sunburn. I am peeling. Dont think it was the cold- i definitely remember sunshine sleepy in the heater away from the 21* and 30mph winds. Should be in Ft Worth tomorro weather willing ! And out of Springfield, Mo abt 7am. Cant see the weather, so will just watch the clouds when they come in.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-1º
Still dark.

Juhur, no hard feelings or whatever. It was what I read on a weather web site, but all I can say is I remember waiting for the school bus with wind chills around -50F and no one got frostbite. That was in the days before they closed school based solely on cold and not quantity of snow.

Anyway, back to the important stuff. We got 1.6 inches of rain last night and it is still raining.

They are calling for a high of 60F.

Updated: 6:20 AM PST on February 28, 2014
Rain
57 °F
Rain Mist
Humidity: 88%
Wind: 17 mph from the SE
Wind Gust: 25 mph
Pressure: 29.66 in (Falling)
Visibility: 1.5 miles
Pollen: 1.60 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Youngsters are Tough ..lol

19 degrees /5 chill
Winter Storm Watch

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snowing.
15º

We've had something like 2.4 inches of rain since last night.

Updated: 1:22 PM PST on February 28, 2014
Rain
57 °F
Rain
Humidity: 88%
Wind: 20 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.63 in (Falling)
Visibility: 2.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 1.60 out of 12

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

That's wonderful Kelli! I hope that all you get is much needed rain & no drama.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

DFW. 87* when the sun started droppin. 72* light breeze now. Tryin to find where I stuck my shorts. Sat night I will be home for a few days. Hope I dont sleep for all 3 days... Watchin the weathet roll in on all my friends across the states, Be Safe and warm everyone.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well Lillypon , if you have any young scientists practicing to be Astronauts and the like ,,
It is a good simulation for the Mars landing ,,
As for me , Mars can keep those Temps !!!
30 degrees here currently
Wind Zero
Winter Storm watch , still in effect ..

Do you have an Aeronautics space and research center near you , ? If not , it is a possibility . Temperature training area for Astronauts and Pilots ,, I think Regina has one ...

This message was edited Feb 28, 2014 9:55 PM

This message was edited Feb 28, 2014 9:59 PM

Winter storm watch starts tomorrow here. Could see at least 5 inches of snow.

Today we almost reached 50 with sunshine. Felt great!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

55° today with rain.

We've gotten 3.4 inches of rain since Thursday. They are calling for a high of around 60F. There is a 100% chance of rain today and it is raining right now. (We have a window that leaks. Bummer.)

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on March 01, 2014
Light Rain
54 °F
Light Rain
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the SE
Pressure: 29.76 in (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
Pollen: 3.30 out of 12