February Weather, 6 more weeks of winter.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

24º snow flakes.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High of 39. Still felt cold. Had some snow pellets late morning but just enough to coat the concrete a bit.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

42° this Morning, another mini cool front came down...but we are heading to nice sunny 80 degree days next week. About time, this is Florida after-all. ☺

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 79F. According to the newspaper we'd need 36 inches of rain this month to end the drought. I could be on that not going to happen.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on February 16, 2014
Clear
56 °F
Clear
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 29.97 in (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.60 out of 12

I don't know where all of the pollen is coming from. Pine trees in people's yards, I guess.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Mountain View, HI

No wind, no rain (yet), lots of layered grey cloud 74f. A few showers last night, ground is wet and possibility of more rain tomorrow and showers through the week. Kauai has flash flood watch and some road closed this morning so rough weather is about 300 miles away at the other end of the island chain.
My orchid cactus have buds already. Usually wait until April.

Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mid 20's today . Snowed another 2 inches last night , not forecast .
23 degrees now
I'm ready for winter to be over with ... Oh well . Here's to waiting patiently for June ...

Low 40s for high, cloudy. Once again weather forcasters missed the mark. Still calling for warmer weather thru Weds. Not believing it.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

22°/31°/20°
Today...Snow...Possibly mixed with sleet in the morning...Then snow likely in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 5 inches. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon. Gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Tonight...Mostly clear. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the evening.

We had a pretty nice day yesterday and went to the car wash after breakfast to wash the salt off the truck. Then after dinner we moved wheelbarrows of snow from around the house and dumped them in the ditch. We are really going to have some snow melt later this week before we go back to being cold.

Today it's already spitting sleet and is windy. Now I see snow with sleet. A very good day to stay in!

Have a safe day all!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

29 F here & freezing rain later turning to rain with an expected high around 44 F. Glad that this is a bank holiday for me. Also, schools are closed for the holiday.

Curious how high the Mississippi River will rise here in the St. Louis area when all that snow up north melts. At least, the river is pretty low right now.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

20º
Little snow this AM. Done now.
It's heading east.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

20 degrees 10 the chill factor
My thermometer here says 27 degrees
Winter Weather Advisory
From 12 noon to 7 PM Here for today ..Snow? Sleet ? Rain? We will see what happens here later , nobody is sure ..
At least it is well above 0 ,
I don't mean to sound like the homeless living under a bridge , or inside of one , or bench warming in the park , or even that old ...
Only I will take and enjoy the well above 0 temperatures ,,!!!

Once again, things are totally different on Planet Kelli. They are calling for a high of 76F with no rain in the forecast. I think this drought is going to be a humdinger.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 17, 2014
Clear
50 °F
Clear
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 8.80 out of 12

Oh, yeah, picture.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli Pretty picture ,,

Well the schools closed early today sent all the kiddies home . and so far ,, only wind and that wind is very , very , cold ,,
No storm yet ,,,
I was digging through snow and wintersowing a while ago . repeating myself with that .. A few threads ,, Got more to do outdoors , only that wind is way to uncomfortable for that .. especially to only be playing ...

27 now 14 the chill
Did not read my thermometer last time ..

Hour and fifteen minutes later ' it got here ! It's raining slush .. actually sounds like someone pouring a snow cone with a metal scoop .. Blah !!

This message was edited Feb 17, 2014 4:45 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

36º & bright sun. We are losing snow big time.
Nothing like a January thaw in February!

Also losing snow but we got above 50 with bright sunshine today. Felt great!! I left my coat in the car when out shopping. Didn't need it or want it. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It's cold and snowing here , warm to the north , warm to the south ,,, it's unfair ,,, I tell you ,, Unfair ... grrrrr
33 degrees
14 chill
wind 10 to 20 mph
Vis , 3 mi .

Mountain View, HI

Grey skies continued today. Some light showers overnight and then at about 8am the rain started and it has rained moderately heavy all day with temp about 70f. Whole state is covered by a sheet of grey cloud moving up from the topics. All created by a low pressure system rotating west of Kauai. They say it should start clearing a bit tomorrow but they are not sure. Winter weather advisory for telescopes on top of Mauna kea. Aviation advisories include icing between 13000 and 20,000 ft with moderate turbulence.
Feel sorry for tourists although those from the East Coast are probably running around in the rain in swim gear.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

It was -13ºf when I left home this morning and 30ºf when I returned this afternoon, the second time in a week we have had a +40º temperature swing! Not losing any snow here yet but should be later this week.

Photo: Another another Lake Erie sunset.......

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

24º
It could hit 50º today.

Only 29 days until spring!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

White stuff recd. yesterday between 5 to 6". Hard to tell as the wind was really blowing.
and Thurs. we will be getting a mixture of that stuff.
I am so tired of WHITE.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

No snow or ice. A little frost. Great weather this week ... 60° and maybe close to 70° by next weekend. Hooray!

Wow, Early_Bloomer, what can I say?

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

It was cloudy earlier but it looks like it is clearing up now. Originally there was a chance of some rain tomorrow but the chance is all gone now. They are calling for a high of 75F today.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 18, 2014
Haze
53 °F
Haze
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.04 in (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
Pollen: 8.30 out of 12

lemon blossom

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I really like that spring is not to far away,
37 degrees at midday here .
42 the expected high ,, was 40 a few hours ago ..
sunny , slushy , wet roads ,,
Thunderstorms and severe weather coming as it warms up the 50's here the next few days ,,
High winds and all that ,,, Snownadoes ? oh well . what else ...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

40º

Currently 54 but we reached low 60s for high. Lots of sunshine again and some stiff winds. If the wind hadn't been blowing it would have been a perfect day. lol. Good thing is my dog neice was loving it. Spent 3 hours at my grandma's playing in the field. lol

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

32°/41°/35°
Today...Sunny until late afternoon then becoming partly sunny. West wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the south in the afternoon.
Tonight...A slight chance of rain in the evening...Then rain and scattered thunderstorms after midnight. Areas of fog after midnight. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

One more nice day today and I'll be outside.

We've got a wind advisory for this afternoon and evening but it is just for gusts up to 45mph. No biggie. There isn't even a fire warning to go with this event.

They are calling for a high of 77F today. It got down to 45F last night which is cooler than it has been but a little higher than 'normal', whatever normal means when it comes to weather.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 19, 2014
Clear
49 °F
Clear
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.97 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
Pollen: 8.70 out of 12

grapefruit and orange tree

Thumbnail by Kelli
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

78° yesterday and around 64° later today. :)

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Pepper, how's things in your neck of woods? Radar indicated that some pretty strong storms passed thru your area this evening.

Mainly some downpours and thunder and lightning. Nothing major but all moisture welcome!! We have more coming again overnight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

36 degrees , thunder , lightning , steady rain ,

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

A little thunder & lightning with light rain this morning before sunrise. Currently 46 F & suppose to get windy later with scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Expected high 65 F today. My umbrella is already packed as I get ready to head out the door.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

33º
Big storm predicted. SE Minn. schools closed today thinking it is going to be bad.
9+ inches of snow with howling winds.

Fairly windy today. It was windy last night and blew over some of my potted plants. We cleaned up the carnage. When stuff falls over in the wind I often leave it fallen over until the wind event is over, but DH wanted to clean up this mess so I let him. (Lots of potting soil all over the place.)

Because the wind is from the northeast, it will be low humidity today but there are no fire warnings out yet.

They are calling for a high of 82F today.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 20, 2014
Clear
62 °F
Clear
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 33 °F
Wind: 18 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 25 mph
Pressure: 29.96 in (Rising)
Pollen: 9.50 out of 12

jasmine

Thumbnail by Kelli
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thunderstorms here later today. I imagine there will be some tornadoes in various places. Unpredictable.

Mountain View, HI

Nice and calm, clear blue sky. Will be warm and humid.

Saw a small water spout over the ocean off Kailua-Kona yesterday. Hanging down from a large shower cloud. Yesterdays winds and clouds were doing strange things.

Plumber coming today. Hope he finishes early so I can get out into the yard.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snowing but 32º, about 3" so far.

It didn't get as dry as I expected.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on February 20, 2014
Clear
80 °F
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 28 °F
Wind: 6 mph Variable
Pressure: 29.95 in (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Pollen: 9.50 out of 12

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Storms passed and sunny skies, but the wind is strong. Seeing guttering torn loose, trash cans blown over, and birds having trouble flying. The winds of change.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.