February Weather, 6 more weeks of winter.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

-8 this morning ,
no chill factor , calm
17 degrees , the expected high for today

Maybe a 45 degrees for next week , last time I saw (or felt) that here , was October ?

Only that is next week , it's Cold !!! Still ....

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-16º Don't need a chill factor. Cold enough.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi CountryGardens News forecast -4
Your at -16 .
When Did the Double or nothing bet take place , I missed the suggest and lost anyway ?lol

My -8 , you too ?lol ?

I don't gamble though , a little Bingo ..

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 78F today. It is a beautiful morning and I guess I should accept it at that, but what we really need is a soggy, icky, miserable, rainy morning. I almost feel like someone or something is getting back at me for all of the rain that I hated when I lived in PA.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 11, 2014
Clear
58 °F
Clear
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 40 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the West
Pressure: 30.05 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.70 out of 12

Here's a rarity, a creek with water

Thumbnail by Kelli
Mountain View, HI

A beautiful morning at 8am, 68f, clear blue sky, no wind, no cloud, no rain. Light southerly wind is giving us VOG this morning (volcanic smoke). Sun beams shining through it was real spooky this morning. Active flow is about 8 miles from us as the crow flies burning through forest VERY slowly.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli , Love the photos Another that would make a great puzzle !

Here's a photo about being cool ,,
Only think of this more in terms of a "human" response to the weather (all four seasons the last few years . ) and as a little humor ,, maybe ...?

9 degrees and calm here now ..

Thumbnail by juhur7

No school tomorrow due to a bad winter storm until 6 in the morning.Its already been sleeting.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High around 20 today with blinding sun bouncing off the snow.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Reporting live from the St. Louis metro east. 2 F here this morning and feels like 2 F. I'm assuming that feels pretty bitterly cold! The ground and walk ways are snow covered and icy. High of 34 F and partly cloudy. It's a heat wave!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

27 degrees for a high today ,
- 5 now

Folklore ; I saw a Robin Yesterday , and here come the warmer temperatures , 12 days until spring begins ,,here ..(allright) !!!^_^

40 is the normal high here , this time of year (next week possible)
30's for tomorrow ,
Above freezing tomorrow ,, (i'm dreaming )!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

17º No I did not forget the minus sign!
½" snow overnight.
Warmer the whole coming week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

-5 degrees here , 17 above in Minnesota , 500 ,miles North?

(NOT FAIR) !!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are going to be spoiled!

Weather in Minnesota changes oftener than you change underwear.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL,LOL !!! ??? ( You realize , ,, lol , Unless you change two or three times a Day !!! ) (yes , weather is or can be like that here also) ..

Still at -5 degrees

Do you really want to hear this? They are calling for a high of 83F. I am on the same planet as the rest of you, aren't I?

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on February 12, 2014
Scattered Clouds
49 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.09 in (Steady)
Pollen: 9.10 out of 12

Here is a lake with water. That may sound redundant, but around here this year, not so much.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

No Kelli you most definitely aren't! ;)

Winter. It knows us better than we know ourselves.
It shapes and forges us into who we are and who we know we can become …
Winter gives us everything. It expects us to give it all back. We are Canada. We are winter.
- excerpts from We Are Winter video by the Canadian Olympic Committee

On Monday morning, freezing rain will move through the region.
Temperatures will fall sharply in the afternoon, leading to the risk of a flash freeze,
followed by snow, followed by sleet, followed by more snow,
followed by hordes of Yeti coming down from the hills to feast on the weakest among us.
- Scott Feschuk, Maclean’s Magazine

Blizzarding here...son left this morning, drove through it, and is now lost in Edmonton. Husband headed towards Swift Current but the blizzard caught up to him. He turned around when he saw a man that had hit the ditch and was still clutching his steering wheel and just staring out to nowhere.

I see the Old Man really wanted to show off his strength this year...Georgia getting a snow storm just like us! Pic shows the eternal optimist on our block (after all these years he has yet to figure out whatever he removes blows back in X2)

This message was edited Feb 13, 2014 2:49 AM

Thumbnail by Lilypon

We got up to about 31 today. Now 28. Will just keep warming up. 60s next week. Bring it on!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I wouldn't bet good money on it. So far this week, supposed to be warm, yesterday it hit 11º with a wild SW wind. Today high was 16º with NW wind. Da** cold is all I can say. Weather liars need new instruments.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Was 62° when I woke up at 5:30AM, has now dropped to 55° at 7:30AM...weatherguessers says it will get up to 64°...don't think that's gonna happen. ☺

Windy and sky clearing from heavy rain last night...at least it will be sunny today.

They are calling for a high of 86F today. I feel guilty that I can't share it, but it will share itself. Unless the jet stream does something wacky, the middle of the country should start warming up for a while.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 13, 2014
Scattered Clouds
50 °F / 10 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 35 °F / 2 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.05 in / 1018 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
Pollen: 8.70 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

28º Windy, sunny. They say colder later today.

I'd like some 38F, but not 28F. I don't think my tulips will bloom this year. The nights haven't been cold enough. I've been sleeping in summer pajamas lately. The weather is so wrong.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

7 degrees here all morning , bounced up to 12 degrees as I type this ,, ((warmed up for lunch ) hee , he ,,

27 again today is suppose to be the high , if it warms up after sunset it might make it ,,

Yes indeed those 40's 50's next week ,,, Quoting Gomer Pyle) mean , mean , mean , unless that happens ,,, lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Down to 22º
Schools are closing in western MN, near Alexandria.
NW wind is fierce now.
Zero by morning. It will never end!
Still sunny, though.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

32 degrees now ,, good heavens ! it made it to freezing instead of frigid !!!LOL
23 the chill

You may remember this 3 or 4 wks ago , this I took a few minutes ago , has looked exactly the same here for wks.

Thumbnail by juhur7

Been looking pretty much the same here for months.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

It was -18ºf for the drive into work on Wednesday morning and 29ºf for the drive home--a difference of +47º This had been one of the coldest stretches we have had here in years. Looks like a big warm-up coming next week with highs in the 40's!

Photos: I drove up to Lake Erie yesterday evening to photograph the sun setting over the ice dunes. On Tuesday I photographed a local rural scene.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Nice, E_B

Currently 37. We almost reached 50 for a high today. Plenty of sunshine bouncing off the melting snow. lol

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Lovely colour E_B and Kelli and Microb! Loved your kitty too Juhur!

Another blizzard went through here today. Saw someone had bumped up a thread from last year in the voting forum where I had left this link: http://past.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/786/10575350/1/1/786?ref=ugc_homepage_thumbs . I am so grateful that we don't look like we were hit by lake effect snow this year! Too many years of that.

Currently 1F here with flurries.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

That's it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes wonderful photos Very Nice !!! all

14 degrees here now .. getting warmer ,, Isn't Imagination a wonderful thing !!! lol

40 and frosty this morning, so windy yesterday but did make it to 61°. Sunny high of 67°..Happy Valentine's Day!

Beautiful photos E.B.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Frosty at 40, wait a minute.

2º here, sun no wind. Lovely day.

Yes...Frost on all the roof tops, they were white this morning, grass too...here is a lesson for you all...it happens often here. Second article calls it radiation frost.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_frost_form_when_the_air_temperature_is_above_freezing?#slide=1

and....

http://www.nc-climate.ncsu.edu/edu/k12/.frostfreeze

This message was edited Feb 14, 2014 9:22 AM

They are calling for a high of 88F. No records were broken right around here with yesterday's temperature circa 86F, so that must not be unprecedented. Weeks and weeks of this nonsense is contributing to the worst drought in modern history, though. I feel cheated out of a nice southern CA winter, though. I can't tell you the last time it rained all day. It literally has been years.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 14, 2014
Clear
49 °F
Clear
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 34 °F
Pressure: 30.02 in (Steady)
Pollen: 8.80 out of 12

How about a yellow star thistle (dried up)? It's noxious weed but looks pretty funky and fierce.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

19 degrees 7chill
It's snowing again
#2 half an hour ago
#1 now

We now have a Winter Weather Advisory 3-5 inches of snow . Day before yesterday as forecasting had gone , it was a rain or snow , and probably 30's , Long range forecast's aren't doing well or accurate this winter .
Didn't you say that before CountryGardens ? lol rhetorical ... (the whole thing really had my imagination) warmer weather and all ?
Oh well , another snow event ,, goodness ...

This message was edited Feb 14, 2014 4:45 PM

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Your driveway looks better than mine right now. Mine is only cleared where my dad dumped wood ash to help melt the snow faster. Rest of it is ice.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny 12 degrees
chill -2
Need to find my Artic Glasses or goggles ..

They are calling for a high of 81F. It's insane. It certainly looks like it wants to be the worst drought year in recorded history. When we go hiking out in that tinderbox, we nearly always see a cigarette butt. Don't these people have even half a brain?

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 15, 2014
Clear
51 °F
Clear
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 38 °F
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.80 out of 12