February Weather, 6 more weeks of winter.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Have at least a foot of snow. Dry snow though. Blew the snow off the deck with leaf blower. More on way Fri and Sat.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

About 8 inches of new snow , all closed ,,
23 degrees (12 degrees wind chill)
Cloudy ,
Intermittent light snow .
Roads hazardous ,,

Kelli ) that tree looks like one burned up Live Oak ) where is George the Giant Spider , or the Critters and Zombie's ... Spooky -- looking .

This message was edited Feb 5, 2014 2:02 PM

Currently 6 degrees and dropping to well below zero tonight. Got about a foot out there right now. Dry powdery snow which means you can use a leaf blower to clean it up. Works great!! lol

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-1º
Cold all day.
Weird this afternoon.
Wind was picking up snow somewhere, so we had clouds of snow going through.
Some places nearly a white out, but no drifts. Just the air full of snow.

Mountain View, HI

4pm, clear blue sky but strong southerly wind. Almost 80f in the shade outside the window. Had to come indoors too hot to garden.
Saw Kelli's comment about wanting something colorful so rushed outside to take pics. Hope these will bring some sunshine into snowy or dry lives.
First one is a orchid, flower stem is about 7 ft long and these cluster are spaced about every 10 inches
Second is double spider web on our front deck about two days ago
Third hanging heliconia with orchids in the background.
More to send another day

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Nice flowers, microb

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

17 degrees now -6 the forecast for later.

This is for pepper
4 to 5 ft stacked Night pic , early , not to good , but viewable

Thumbnail by juhur7
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

60°/64°/54° Mostly cloudy, cooler and about to rain again. Last four days were mid 80's.

Kelli, I'm glad your are getting a scant amount of moisture there.

Microb, cool spider webs. I can see I'd have lots of fun with my camera in Hawaii.

Pepper, I know your tired of the snow, but that sure it pretty to this Florida girl.

A little bit of Fall, Winter and Spring color in my garden this week. Poinsettia missed Christmas this year, guess it was too hot then.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

-6°/7°/-7°
Today...Mostly sunny. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings to 30 below in the morning.
Tonight...Partly cloudy. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 25 below.

I'm behind. We scooped about 3'' of light snow before getting groceries yesterday. Most of it drifted into thicker piles. We have food, the birds have food. Everyone is happy :o)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

9 degrees now -6 the wind chill
cloudy
light snow
Wind , WSW 3-7 mph

Thumbnail by juhur7

There is a 60% chance of light rain today. We got a micro trace this morning or overnight. They are calling for a high of 57F.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 06, 2014
Overcast
51 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 44 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 7.20 out of 12

Sorry if I already posted this one

Thumbnail by Kelli

35 now and very cold with a wind chill of 28.For the low tonight is 24.

Mountain View, HI

What a change from yesterday. Today is totally grey sky, a little drizzle, calm and about 74f. Good gardening weather. Weather forecasters word for the coming few days is "benign" weather, which I guess means more gardening weather. That indoor painting will have to wait.

Love those snow pics!

Not so keen on the drought pics though.

I'm loving the snow!! lol. I'm not loving the ice under it. On and off ramps are still in bad shape though getting better. My road was down to one narrow lane early this morning but I passed a county truck on his way to clear it and it was back to snowy normal tonight.

Currently 4 degrees. High was around 8 or so. Full on sunshine which did nothing to warm the day up. No wind though.

Kelli I was looking at the National radar last night and saw rain in S. Calif. I do hope you're getting that. ☺

53 this morning and light to moderate rain, will stick around most the day, a front is lying on top of us...but we won't get real cold.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

-6°/14°/4°
Today...Mostly sunny. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 25 below in the morning.
Tonight...Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of light snow after midnight. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 10 below.

Another frigid day.

The computer took a spaz and I lost my posting. Grrr.

We got 0.17 inches of rain yesterday. The local weather people seemed glad that the system was moving away. I could slap them. All they like is 90+ and sunny.

They are calling for a high of 61F today.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 07, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
48 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Pressure: 30.11 in (Rising)
Visibility: 2.5 miles
Pollen: 7.10 out of 12

I feel like I am being cheated out of a wildflower year. For me, it's like not having Christmas. We could still have wildflowers IF it would rain some more. It is early in the season, but they need to get water now so they can start growing.

This is ceanothus from this date last year. Last year was a drier than average year but not nearly as bad as this year. The ceanothus are not blooming this year. They are shedding leaves in order to stay alive. They look pretty bad.

This message was edited Feb 7, 2014 2:14 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

Currently in the low teens. My internet is acting up so my homepage weather info is closed and staying closed. Felt good til sun went down then I needed my coat again. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

6 degrees this morning , at least it is above zero ,
wind calm , no chill factor
21 degrees for today ,
oh well . I'm warm in my imagination ..all I have to do is trade places with the fellow in Kelli's photo ,,

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

12°/21°/8°
Today...Light snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill readings to zero.
Tonight...Cloudy. A chance of light snow in the evening...Then light snow likely after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Total snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches. West wind around 5 mph shifting to the northwest after midnight. Chance of snow 60 percent. Wind chill readings to zero after midnight.

We have a light snow right now. It finally covered the driveway. Kind of. I still see concrete.

54° and steady rain, high of 64° and rain all day long. Yesterday rained all day, all night and never hit 60°, they predicted 70°. But tomorrow they say we'll see the sun again...fingers crossed.

My tomato and pepper plants are under a canopy so they don't get drenched. It has rained most the two weeks since I planted them...at least they are in containers so I can move them.

Kelli glad you got some rain, wish I could send you some of mine ☺

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Tennessee, western area right at the Tennessee River-tiny snowflzkes silting down, hardly enough to worry with so far, but a prediction of at least 5 more days of this. The temps warmed up from yesterday- 20*, it is now 29* outside. Started the vehicle to keep it from freezing up while it is parked, and back indoors to sit back and watch the news...weekend.

They are calling for a high of 64F today and a 30% chance of precipitation. We haven't had any yet but it feels damp out.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 08, 2014
Overcast
50 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 83%
Pressure: 30.24 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 6.80 out of 12

a non-brown picture

Thumbnail by Kelli

Almost got above freezing today. 29 and cloudy. Made working outside bearable.

Mountain View, HI

No wind, little bit sun, lots of cloud, about 80f and humid. No serious weather in the forecast for about a week. Need rain for the rainforest plants

Anthuriums
Toad in the Hole
Torch Ginger

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

21 degrees just before sunrise
12 degree wind chill
light snow ,
24 the high for today?
70% chance of snow ,, I missed some of the forecasting going on , but heard somebody kind of near is in for possibly another 2FT. of snow .
Welcome to the great white temperate zone ?

They're calling for a high of 67F today. At least it's overcast. That should help to conserve what little moisture there is out there.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 09, 2014
Overcast
53 °F / 12 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1022 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
Pollen: 7.40 out of 12

From Friday

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-4º this morning, going for lower my tomorrow morning.
Who cares, it's one day closer to spring.

How come California was whining about drought, & now whining because it's raining.
We've had 6" of rain in 24 hours at times & we don't whine. We actually cheer because
any rain is welcome in the corn belt.

Forecast after Wed. is for more normal weather. 20's & 30's.

There are two sets of Californians, ones who understand and appreciate rain and city-slickers who just want good beach weather. BTW, we didn't get a drop of rain here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

:)

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

It's one week past Groundhog Day, so 5 more weeks of winter. Hang in there. You can do it. I remember my PA days and the weather in February was so monotonous that it felt like February was the longest month.

Groundhog Day is half way between the Winter Solstice and the Vernal Equinox, so technically, it is 6 1/2 weeks before spring. Groundhog Day is called a cross quarter day. http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2927/

Mountain View, HI

Clear blue sky, no wind, no clouds, no rain, humid, heading towards 80f+ today. Raked bamboo leaves this morning, dry like feathers. Six wheelbarrows full. Too dry to move plants around. The sun beats down but cooler in the rainforest.

Reached 20 for a high and had several hours of flurries and heavy snow. Ended up with about an inch or so.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-5º going lower.
Weather reports are all over the place. Seems like one station is trying to outdo the other.
They kept giving wind chills today 20º colder than the actual temp. BUT THERE WAS NO WIND!

Weather liars living up to their titles! LOL!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

2 degrees and calm
21/2 inches of new snow
Some sunshine for few hours yesterday after the snowfall..

47°/76°/53° Sunny! Walked in the woods yesterday and creeks are full and flowing...they are usually dry this time of year.

Funny we have our windows cracked open and enjoy the cool nights, but hear the neighbors heaters going...such wimps. ☺

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-12º Sunny!
After Tuesday we will be in high 20's, low 30's everyday. Winter is Busted!

They are calling for a high of 73F. Sunny. No rain, especially when it is that warm. (It doesn't rain and be warm at the same time here. It's peculiar.)

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 10, 2014
Clear
48 °F
Clear
Humidity: 89%
Pressure: 30.13 in (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
Pollen: 7.70 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

Clear blue sky, very little wind, no rain, not quite so humid, too dry, 82f on the porch outside of the window .............. and this is our rainy season and January is traditionally our driest month.

Currently 10 degrees and going down to below zero for the night. Tomorrow is last cold day of week. By weekend we will be in 50s.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.