February Weather, 6 more weeks of winter.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Except for the pollen count , that looks like nice weather Kelli
Here we have light rain .
54 degrees
Tornado watch
Thunderstorm watch
Flood warning ,
Wind S 14 mph , After two months of looking at white Artic tundra , I am seeing yellowish brown and moss brown ..
Planted and played a few minutes today ..

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 41 and drying out til the next round of rain reaches us. Had wind and occasional drizzle today but that was it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Now we have Thunderstorm warning
12 hr High wind Warning
present gusts 30 to 40 mph ,,50 to 60 mph gusts probable
It's storming ,, thunder , lightning ,, raining cats and dogs as the saying goes .. buckets !!!
61 degrees currently
30 in the morning ,,
Weather ? who knows ?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The winds missed us last night. We were fortunate and I'm thankful for that. We had some rain but I don't know how much yet. Cooler weather behind the front. Back into the 50s today. Sunny.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Blizzard overnight.
We only got a couple inches of snow. North & east was more. 11" in western twin Cities.
All major roads were closed overnight. $1000 fine if you were caught trying to drive on them.

10º & still fairly windy.

This is what I see out my office window. Strings for tying up tomatoes are covered with snow. Wind did that. Look close you can see them.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The wind has stopped. They are calling for a high of 81F today. There is a small chance of rain next week.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 5:51 AM PST on February 21, 2014
Clear
51 °F
Clear
Humidity: 50%
Dew Point: 33 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.96 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 9.20 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Still a lot of wind here ,
34 degrees
Wind SSW 17
stronger gusts
Looks muddy here , the trees , the sky ,, have the haunted forest look ..

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

What a storm. Rds. were bad bringing Archie home from tests late yesterday.
6" of snow and the wind hasn't quit blowing yet.
I couldn't drive out the drive way this morning due to drifts and some one coming and plowing us out. Really makes it hard when Archie can't plow the drive way clear. and he won't let me try.
Funny, I could drive all the farm machinery. With out him complaining that I was too old!!

Currently 51. High around 60 with sunshine and blustery winds. All in all a really nice day. Last nice day for awhiles.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

33 degrees
calm
Sunny

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

It was a beautiful week here, sunny and past five days were in the 80's, today it is raining as another front comes down. Predicted high of 79°, low of 63°, so not a cold front...yet.

Carolina Jessamine, a Florida native vine in my garden, blooms without fail every February.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2014 9:02 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sun
Calm

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

To 64° today and partly sunny.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I was washing dishes while gazing out the kitchen window when I spied a robin in the neighbor's yard attempting to pull a worm from the ground! Yeah, the robins have returned!!!!

You know the advertising phrase, 'Don't hate me because I'm beautiful'. That doesn't apply to me, but don't hate me because my weather is beautiful. Actually it is only beautiful on the surface. Inside it is ugly drought.

They're calling for a high of 78F today. It might rain next week. Maybe if I hold my mouth right.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 22, 2014
Clear
49 °F
Clear
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Pressure: 29.91 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.90 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Mountain View, HI

Perfect Hawaiian morning, clear skies with a hint of cloud on the horizon. Little or no winds. 70f and will climb to 80f. May have some showers this afternoon to cool things off. Should be the same tomorrow with tradewinds returning next week with a few morning and night time showers. Nearest good beach (black sand) is about 30 miles away. One day, when there are no household chores we might get there.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Send them Robins up here & see if they can pull a worm out of the ground. Maybe in a couple months.
20º
Sunny.

Currently 39. Highs in the mid to high 50s today with loads of sunshine. Felt great and we took advantage at work trying to get cleaned up and ready for spring.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Ditto on Pepper's weather. Saturday was gorgeous. : )

They are calling for a high of 76F. It might rain later in the week. I sure hope so.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on February 23, 2014
Clear
49 °F
Clear
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 38 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the WNW
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.30 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I saw Robins feasting on worms in the yard here yesterday as well. It will be in the 60s again and sunny.

No nightcrawlers here, maybe that is why we so rarely see robins. We'll see like one in five years. Supposedly they'd like our toyon berries, but they don't. Toyon is supposed to attract birds but ours doesn't. Too many other goodies in suburbia, I guess. It is fun to see a parrot or parakeet but I hope they find their way back to their owners. One year we even had a zebra finch hanging around.

It's been three weeks since Groundhog Day, so three more weeks of winter. You've made it half way through. You can do it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

28 degrees , still better than zero.
31 suppose to be the high .
cloudy gray winter sky ,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sun
16º

Mountain View, HI

Another gorgeous Hawaiian morning, clear blue sky, no wind, no clouds, about 66f, some birds singing in the forest and just a hint of mist to make sunbeams through the trees.
Yesterday started the same but clouded up in the afternoon with some showers. Had some rain overnight. Probably will do the same today.

Thumbnail by microb
Mountain View, HI

Couple of photos of that black sand beach and a scenic lookout we stop at on our way to Costco.

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Kelli, you're probably right about the robins. They stay away while the ground is frozen because they feed on the worms. I do love having them around in the garden. They come right up to me as I toss a worm or 2 their way. At least, we have our beloved cardinals year round. They are so beautiful.

And Kelli, I know how frustrating a drought is because we've had some severe ones the past few summers. I hope that you get some substantial rainfall soon. I enjoy all the wonderful produce that's shipped here from CA in the wintertime. It makes winters here a bit more bearable.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

-24 heading down to -30 (both Celcius)

windchills in the -40's (F or C expected).

Winter is far from over.

Those in warm locales best keep an eye on what's headed your way!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The California drought is very serious and a threat to food supply.

43° today, 26° tonight and a few flurries possible in the early morning tomorrow.

Kelli, I don't remember any robins in CA either, but I didn't see nearly as many birds as I do here ... except for shore birds. Luv those. :)

They are calling for a high of 77F, which is about 10 degrees above average. There might be showers later in the week. What we need is a real downpour, none of this namby-pamby showers stuff.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 24, 2014
Clear
48 °F
Clear
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Pressure: 29.97 in (Steady)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
Pollen: 8.40 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

High around 36 and cloudy all day. Currently 33.

They are calling for a high of 71F. So far they are saying 100% chance of rain on Friday. I sure hope so.

Updated: 7:12 AM PST on February 25, 2014
Haze
52 °F
Haze
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 46 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.01 in (Rising)
Visibility: 2.5 miles
Pollen: 8.50 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

21 degrees
7 degree wind chill
SW Wind 17 mph
This average winter (except snowfall ) is getting very , very , long .

Kelli , Sage? is really pretty , Firecracker plant ? Red is nice and bright

It is called Cape honeysuckle. In spite of the name, it has no fragrance. It's one of those things that would eat our whole side yard if we let it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I still like it !, probably not as much if I had to "weed it out" ,all the time.

Still cold here .

It just has to be trimmed from time to time, like wisteria.

Mountain View, HI

Light Northerly wind, grey skies and a chance of light showers. About 74f

Cloudy all day with the occasional spit of flurries. High around 25 and currently 20. More snow on the way Friday and Sunday.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Hey! Rain for California!!!

Another cold spell moving in here for the next few days. I'm hoping it will be the last of the -0f temps for this winter and spring will slowly take over.

I had Achilles tendon surgery last week and will be out of action for a few months. It's going to put a big dent in my photography for a while. I just want to be ready for spring gardening!

Photo: One from early last week-- Moon rise over the Lake Erie shoreline.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sunny and cold - 37°/17°

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.