February Weather, 6 more weeks of winter.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hopefully Feb. will be a little milder.
3º & Stars are shining.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

High of 37ºf today and expecting even a bit warmer on Saturday with colder weather returning later next week.

Photos:

We had a strange weather phenomenon around the area last Sunday night. The perfect combination of rising and falling temps, snowfall and wind speed conspired to fill yards and fields with thousands of "snow rollers."

On Tuesday morning it was a frosty -16º f when I hiked the Ernst Trail to a spot along French Creek, hoping to photograph a misty sunrise. A bit disappointing because the creek was too frozen to produce much mist but I still managed to get some decent photos.

Spring is one month closer!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We have a winter weather advisory from 5 am until 10 am here
1/10 of an inch of ice on roads , 1/2 to 1 inch of snow possible .
The almost invisible snow , sleet , and rain thing it is , you all know the story .
33 degrees currently
wind calm
Light mist falling .

Early_Bloomer ,, nice pics , beautiful really ,, But it doesn't make me long for winter to continue ,,,lol

This message was edited Feb 1, 2014 7:29 AM

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

59°/80°/64° Cloudy, sunny, foggy, chance of rain, but much warmer. I haven't seen the sun in three long days..think that is a song.

Early Bloomer the middle picture is stunning, and snow rollers are quite interesting. All beautiful.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Could use six more weeks of CA 'winter' since we've gotten almost none so far.

They're calling for a high of 64F today. Might go into the 30s overnight.

raindrops on manzanita (Yes, I post the same pictures here as at Parking Lot. That's so I can keep track of what I've posted.)

Thumbnail by Kelli
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 25 with a half inch of ice on the ground and almost no snow.

Good thing is we have traction on ice because it came down in pellets so no problems driving on it if you are smart.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

1º tomorrow cold, then a slight warm up.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Winter Weather Advisory ;
About An inch of new snow this morning
26 degrees
wind calm

Got down to 38F last night. The forecast was correct. They are calling for a high of 60F today and partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers tonight. It doesn't rain in the daytime, I swear. It takes a big storm to rain in the daytime. I look forward to a rainy day but haven't had one in a couple years. (This isn't the first year of the drought, just the worst so far.)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 02, 2014
Clear
42 °F
Clear
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 25 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: - (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 7.30 out of 12

How 'bout some flowers and some greenery. This is called mule fat. I don't know why.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Currently 17. Ice started melting slightly which will make the gravel roads slicker than snot.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

-8°/19°/8°
Today...Sunny. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 15 below in the morning.
Tonight... Mostly cloudy. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to zero.

We managed to get a good two inches of snow the other day.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lots of sun this morning.
11º

We got a trace of rain yesterday evening.

This morning it was 38F. They are calling for a high of 61F. It is sunny so there shouldn't be a problem making that.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 03, 2014
Clear
43 °F / 6 °C
Clear
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 38 °F / 3 °C
Pressure: 29.93 in / 1013 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
Pollen: 7.10 out of 12

It is 37 now with a wind chill of 31.The high is 50,that is if it even gets that high.

Mountain View, HI

No wind, no sun, grey, almost raining, very humid, 76f at 4pm
Had a few showers last 24 hrs but that's it.
Western end of state is getting the weather, flash flood watch up for all islands EXCEPT the big island. We are OK for water so let the rain stay away and press on with yard work. Lots of it in a tropical rainforest.

Mountain View, HI

Forgot to mention it was walking Iris day today. All over our yard and in two of our neighbors yards. Hundreds of blooms last just one day. All come out together like they are communicating.

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb

Very pretty. Are they some kind of iris?

Currently 26 and dropping. Snow moving in overnight and we are expecting around 9 inches in a 24 hour period. Winter Storm warning starts at 9am tomorrow and lasts til 9am Weds.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We have had a winter storm watch since early today ,
Winter Storm warning is now in effect through Wednesday .
16 degrees , calm and clear currently .
Snow approximations are every where So say ? 8 - 13 inches of snow ?

Expect whatever I end up with if not more. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh I expect it will go nice with day before yesterday's two inches . Whatever the amount ,,

You realize it has been some time since I have seen anything besides snow and cement ..
That blizzard a month ago , snow is still here from that , along with 1 little 2 little , three little inches of snow that has fallen many times since then , stacking it's way upon that ,,
lol?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lazily going along.
1º Sun coming up.
Tomorrow the same.
Thursday the same.
Friday & Saturday, a bit warmer.

Fields still have little snow on them. Some big drifts on North & West sides of grooves.
Fishermen say there is 2 to 3 feet of ice on the lakes.

Oh well, month from now it will get better.

Rain,rain go away come again some other day.When we really need it.

ITS COLD!!!!!

It got down to 36F last night. There was frost on the grass. We get frost from time to time but it isn't a killing frost. We've had less frost this year since it's been a warmer winter.

They are calling for a high of 61F and it should make it since the sun is out. I think yesterday got up to about 63F, which seemed chilly in the shade (you may laugh) but it is seasonal. We got 0.05 inch of rain on Sunday night.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 04, 2014
Clear
40 °F
Clear
Windchill: 37 °F
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 31 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the WNW
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Pollen: 7.80 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

Expecting about a foot now. Totals keep going up.

Snow pic taken about 30 min ago. Inch or so so far.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Before pic's , It has looked like this here , for weeks ,
The after pic's come in a while , waiting for the storm to arrive ..

21 degrees and 9 degree chill here now , This weather is dragging on ,and being fierce as it can be about it ,,
Winter Storm warning ;

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Looks like today's pictures come in one of two colors, brown or white. Maybe microb will check in with something more colorful.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lest not to forget gray .
gray roads
gray skies
gray hair
gray skin
Oh Well , At least house plants are green

Thumbnail by juhur7

I can't keep diffenbachia alive. I think the air is too dry here.

This might put the drought in perspective. We've got 0.93 inch of rain since last spring. The average for Death Valley is 2 inches.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sounds like the desert in South America ,, Only rains every few years ,, I believe that was once or twice in a decade ?
That is definitely Dry ..
I guess the Song It Never Rains In California , was not such a joke after all ...

It's been a while since we've had a rain storm of even an inch. This is the second drought period I've experienced in CA. The other was when I first moved out here in 1987. It lasted for several years but no one year was as dry as this current one. We've also had a handful of wet years. Those are usually El Nino years. One time we got 7 inches of rain in one day.

Updated pics. Whiteout conditons in area. We are up to 4 plus inches now. First set was taken at 11am, second set at noon.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here's a couple
The drive earlier .
The drive tonight

#3 the heck of it

currently 20 degrees and snow

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Currently 20. Will get down to single digits overnight.

Still expecting about 10 inches of snow. Not sure how much we have now but it's probably close to 6 inches if not more.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Going to stay in the 20's here until Wednesday night then it will fall to 2 degrees ,
Going to snow as long as it stays warm (the 20's ) ?
Snowing pretty heavy now ,If it snows like this , until tomorrow afternoon , There will be over a foot of snow ..
I would send it to all of you , if I could ,,lol enough is enough , There is also a chance of two more snows later this week and Saturday ..
We will be digging until March anyway

We have more snow coming Fri into Sat then another storm possible on Tue next week. As long as there isn't ice bring it on.

Some people are hogging all of the precipitation.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Oink , Oink , Snort ,,Snort ,, Root , Root , Mud Roll ... Slosh , splash ,, Snort ,
Smile LOL ... !!!^_^

Kelli , You know we would send it to you if we could ... ^_^

I forgot Squeal , and Grunt , Grunt .. But us hogs , rarely squeal ...lol

This message was edited Feb 4, 2014 10:36 PM

:-)

They're calling for a high of 63F

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on February 05, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
46 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 38 °F
Pressure: 30.07 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.10 out of 12

How about a Halloween picture for February?

Thumbnail by Kelli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.