January 2014 Weather, closer to spring.

It is in the 50's.Also windy out as well.

Mountain View, HI

Cloudy, light N, NE breeze. Temperature has not gone above 64f.
Weather guys do not know what to predict for next four days. Upper level cold air drifting down from NW may destabilizing atmosphere and create heavy rain and thunderstorms but atmosphere at low level is dry. Its any body's guess.
Mainland temps are unbelievable. I do not understand or watch US Football but will turn on the TV to see what the Green Bay game looks like. It should have been postponed if its too cold for the ref. to blow his whistle.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

32 Degrees , hoping the below zero with does not happen , it might not now ,
However , snow , lots of snow , still falling ..
here ya go ; right now ..

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Officially at sunset 13 inches .. still until midnight to go. regardless of the forecast , at this rate of snowfall 16 to 18 inches , oh well , nothings perfect ,, .
More at sunset ;

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Afte the shower we had this morning,the temp dropped.Its 41° now with a wind chill of 32°.It has been windy all day.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here's a close forecast , power outages , 29,000 or so .. Temps for in the morning -17 or -18'

Lets see if the link works

Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Sports - 13 WTHR Indianapolis
www.wthr.com/‎

I am trying again . http://www.wthr.com/category/256369/indianapolis-live-doppler-radar

Press the news link when you get there , the power outage and all ..

This message was edited Jan 5, 2014 8:10 PM

This message was edited Jan 5, 2014 8:13 PM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Link doesn't work, but power outages when it is that cold sound deadly.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Kelli thank you , the second one does ,,lol
I'm still not good at linking in ..

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 8 degrees and dropping. Actual temps tomorrow morning will be -10 and windchills -25.

Got only a few inches from the storm but it's drifting all around so some areas are ankle deep in the driveway.

I can just hear him say "stupid snowball." LOL!!

Thumbnail by pepper23

Its 31 now with wind chill of 19. Brrrrrr!!!!!

Humidity 53%

Wind NNW at 18

Everyone becareful and stay warm!!!!
Pepper hope you found some good gloves.

Nope. Still same ones. I just try not to be out longer than I have to when it's this cold.

Pepper get a thin pair and put them under a thick pair of gloves.

4% humidity

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-18º

Stay warm!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We will be close to that in the morning I guess , woke up by my weather radio . It was quiet , then after 13 inches officially of snow ,
We now have a blizzard warning for the next 7 hrs ,,,eeek !!!
-9 now ..

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Sun. Overnight
Cloudy periods

-33°F

Feels like -56

Country school buses have been cancelled, city schools will be open as will our workplaces.

We will all look like this in the morn: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/snowy-saskatchewan-selfies-so-cool-they-re-cold-1.2454097

The mascara is natural btw.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

That's great Lilypon. Hope you all stay safe, it is all over our news down here about the weather up there.

The Orlando airport is full of stranded tourist that came for the holidays and can't get home. But then after looking at the photos, why would they want to go home?

80° yesterday, 64° and cloudy now, down to 29° tonight.

They're calling for a high of 74F, windy, dry, fire warning. Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on January 06, 2014
Clear
61 °F
Clear
Humidity: 8%
Dew Point: -3 °F
Wind: 21 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 29 mph
Pressure: 30.15 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.90 out of 12

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Not as freezing to death as forecast. Only -22º
Now-19º

Its still below freezing here.So my water is still dripping.

Currently -4. Vehicles protesting big time when we start them.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

-16 this morning early -13 now
-38 wind chill winds are about 20 to 30 in gusts .
It is sunny after a storm (usual)
A couple of looks . Oh yes until I move this snow , it stays there , and it will a day or two ..

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

It is still below freezing here.The horses and dog water was ice.

Mother Nature needs to get it together!!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Southgal ; Mr, Freeze ,, ran her off ...
We will hear about it later , I;m sure ..
Warming up here , - 10 and cloudy , even the sun is in hiding ,,, brrrrr

Mr. freeze needs to go away!!!!

I don't like this ccccoooolllldddd weather.The sunny is out and its doing know good.The wind is whipping in the wind none stop.

Brrrrr is not the word for it!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are at a high for today -10º Still NW wind.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG, same here , nice and warm ,,, right ,,

southgal ; Batman is hibernating in the cave , so I guess we will have to wait , until freeze and nature work through it , or spring returns ... .. lol ?

When I was a youngster it was like this three months of the year , kind of forgot what it was like ..
Here's to global warming and the return of winters ... .., exactly ... who does ?

Computer says we are at 0 but thermometer says below zero. Either way it's cold. I want more snow though. I need good sledding snow. lol

Some color in a white landscape.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Pepper you and that snow!!!LOL!!!

LOL!! I love to go sledding!! I especially like to mess with my friends and relatives and knock them out of the sled or off their feet. If it's gonna be cold it might as well be good and wet so I can make good use of it. lol

Lol Pepper!!! Sounds like you are ready for some fun.The snow you have now.Thats enough to knock them off their feet.Or bust some behinds.LOL!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-14º

They closed all the sledding hills & ski resorts today. Wind chill was to low.

24 now with a wind chill of 18.Its been below freezing all night last night.All day today and all night tonight.It will be 17 for the low.I am sure the wind chill will be colder.
Water been dripping for 2 days now.

It has ever been this cold here in years!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pepper love the Cardinals !!!^_^

Makes sense ,, can't go to school , can't go to work, So you can't go sledding or skiing !!! I remember hearing things like that ....

Keeps going -11 , -12 , here ,-22 for the chill .. how extreme

This message was edited Jan 7, 2014 12:00 AM

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Great picture Pepper! Those cardinals sure stand out in that snow.

Thank goodness it didn't get as cold as they predicted here, woke up at 3:30AM and still was 40°, I rested easy after that. We have many wonderful tropical plants that we don't want to see zapped to the ground, so we protect with covers. Some years all the protection does nothing but we still try our best to keep them going year after year. South FL doesn't have to worry about this, North FL just doesn't plant them. :-)

Temps dropped to 34° after sunrise and now at 11AM it is 39°, but we are climbing back up now. Mr. Sunshine...I love you! They said 29° for four plus hours.

A tropical vine of Mexican sunflowers hanging over the fence, I took yesterday. It will freeze if we go down to 32°, but always comes back in the spring.

This message was edited Jan 7, 2014 11:00 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well it's still cold ,, about 90 % of the population , would agree today I am sure ..
started at about -16 ,, -7 last I looked here , 15 to 25 winds make it about a -35 wind chill .
Going for a possible 8 above today ,,, (oh boy ) lol excited about that one,, All I would have to do is go to the southeast coast for that today though ,,,
I am looking forward to those 40 degree temperatures at the end of this week .. (really !!!^_^)
Snow is pretty , cold is not !!!

Do you really want to know? They are calling for a high of 75F. The Sierra Nevada protects us from Arctic blasts. Anyway, no wind today, no fire warning. No rain in the forecast, either. :-(

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PST on January 07, 2014
Clear
48 °F
Clear
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 21 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.10 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.30 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

35 now with wind chill of 30.Thats way better then yesterday.

Southgal, we had same temps today!! LOL! Our high was 35 and sunny. I didn't even need my coat today.

I can't go sledding on the snow we have now. It's too powdery and I can't get traction on it. I need a wet snow to really get going on.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.