December Weather Start of winter or -

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

29º
We have a few more days until Liliy's cold gets us.
10º for highs next weekend!

This message was edited Dec 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

48/30 Today ,tonight .. Sunny and nice day to finish November

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They're calling for a high of 79F. Currently 62F and a little windy.

toyon

Thumbnail by Kelli

Today is upper 60's.Tonight in the 50's.It has been a nice day for a change.Being able to go outside with out a jacket.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Mid 50s today. No jacket needed here either. Later in week we will see our first big(ish) snow.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

34°/45°/35°
Rest Of Today...Cloudy. A 40 percent chance of light rain. High in the mid 40s. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight...Cloudy. A 20 percent chance of light rain in the evening. Low in the mid 30s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

It's getting light enough to see clouds and a bit of fog in the distance. I hope we get rain even tho I need to hang bows and the last bit of garland out.

Have a beautiful Monday!!!

It is 59 now.The high for today is 69.

By Friday it will drop down back in the 40's for the high.With more rain.Yucky!!!

They are calling for a high of 75F today. Current temperature is 48F. Small chance of rain tomorrow.

Mountain View, HI

Raining right now with light southerly winds that will turn back to NE trades by tomorrow. Heavy rain and thunderstorms in Honolulu yesterday did not come our way.
Back to light showers, tradewinds for the rest of the week. Temps from near 60 at night and upper 70s during the day.
We are way behind on our average rainfall. Will check out the numbers.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very nice today although somewhat overcast. It's 62 degrees at the moment with a light wind.

46 currently. High 50s and sunshine for highs today. Felt great!! Was even sweating in my hoodie a bit. Heavy fog this morning but burned off by 11am.

Tonight will be upper 40's to low 50's.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

16°F

cold and colder on the way.

Very lucky here that the ice rain, blizzards and heavy snow missed us (went down on either side of Moose Jaw).

Y'all are brave for living in those cold zones.I would be like a bear.It gets cold here,but y'all have me beat by a long shot.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Only 30º tonight.
Colder by end of the week.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Going up to 65° today

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

OK, CG, why do you now have a correct degrees symbol and I don't?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Light snow

5°F

Feels like -8
Snow around your area. Check the hourly forecast before you travel today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

32º here.
I don't know. I just noticed the odd one in my first post.

Going for a big snow. They are saying 6" in central MN. Not so much for us. We'll see.

They're calling for a high in the mid 60s with a 30% chance of rain. Personally, I don't expect anything here. Tonight might get down to 38F. As always, we could use rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Near 50 the last two days, started raining last night , light misty cold weather type of rain with fog . Might get to 60 degrees tomorrow .
46 now with fog , that is also the forecast low today /tonight ..
Wind 11mph
humidity 88 % both as usual ..

Still in the 40s here but temps will keep dropping for the next several days and not stop for the most part. Today was sunny and it felt good!! After this I'll be in my coveralls trying to stay warm! lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

32º no snow!

Its in the 60's for tonight.
Today was a beautiful day.Only 1 more day of good weather.Then the rain will start moving in Thursday.By Friday it gets cold again.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Mainly cloudy

0°F

Feels like -17

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Regina, Saskatchewan's Sunday forecast:

-40ºF will be the low
-58 will be the Feels Like

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lillypon ; I was reading that , thinking WOW!!! that is cold . isn't -60 F Where Oxygen or Air begins to freeze solid into crystals .
Definitely some heavy air there , comes to mind
47F /8C here at this hour , nice for December ..
Fog

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Environment Canada's forecast isn't as low (please God let their's be right)

Global Regina put the one I posted above up https://www.facebook.com/TiffanyGlobal

All I know now is that the models only agree to disagree.

Well that and we will be darn cold and will be doing our darndest to share. ;)

Juhur7 air crystalizes at somewhat warmer temps than -60F as we've already had a lot of sundogs (mind you I am going by what we felt on the ground...up high I'm sure it was colder then -60F). At -60, near ground temps, however air will be flash frozen should it come all at once (and so will we).

This message was edited Dec 4, 2013 10:56 AM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Today may reach 70 degrees here but then a plunge in temps at the end of the week with possible "wintry mix".

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Sure wished you hadn't sent this weather south for us to enjoy?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

42°/50°/21°
Today...Cloudy. Areas of drizzle in the morning...Then a chance of light rain in the afternoon. Areas of dense fog through the day. High around 50. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
Tonight...Blustery...Colder. Mostly cloudy. Low in the lower 20s. West wind 15 to 25 mph.

It's foggy, but not pea soup.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOLOL Maxine but we do hate being selfish! ;) Can't keep all this good stuff up here!

Overcast

-6°F

Feels like -24

It was 41F at 6:45 this morning. They are calling for a high in the 50s. They are calling for a low of 36 tonight.

I was watching a t.v. show last night and they mentioned that the roads in that area were very muddy due to two days of rain. I couldn't relate. I can't tell you when we've had two days of rain. :-(

This message was edited Dec 4, 2013 7:10 AM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

(((Kelli))) and here I'm smiling that the precip, in frozen form, bypassed us for a change!

My oh my is the United States map showing a whole lot of pretty colours now:
http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/medr/medr_min.shtml
(I noted one American saying, on FB: *Oh sweet Jesus here it comes.....*)

One would swear it was a cat 5 hurricane or tornado given some of the comments I've seen. O_0

This message was edited Dec 4, 2013 1:42 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lilypon;; people react rather badly after the past few years to the weather extremes (etc , we can play along or cuss , Not much choice about that , your well educated to that ! ..
Temperature is 60F to 65F degrees here now SW wind has changed to W , When it begins mixing with the NW winds tonight , the temps fall to 42 , tomorrows high ,maybe?
Then the Winter Storm warning Wednesday thru Friday 6 to 10 inches of snow?
Temps fall TO 17 to 2 degrees for highs and lows ,, This IS a rated G thread ,, good thing !!! Because this drives me enough to get a few comments , sometimes .. but it is, after all , only the weather ,, being-- well , the weather .
So you sent the wind to Maxine and Maxine sent it to us ,,, as for us ,,, we will watch the weather shuffle on to Buffalo ,,, The snow Capital of North America !!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Thot that was Watertown, not Buffalo... knew you guys were on here tweaking the weather again! Gonna have to look up sundog...may be something i know by another term...

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Juhur you are correct re bad weather down there. I keep forgetting at this time of year more can happen than cold, snow and ice (though some areas below certainly aren't prepared for any of them). And tornados can happen I guess (though I haven't seen any of the mets, weather junkies or storm chasers talk about them this time round...yet).

The fellows that I see post, at different weather sites, are professionals and serious weather fans. Years ago I questioned their sanity re wanting certain weather but gave that up a long time ago. Though when I see the boys from Houston praying that we get lots of snowcover and cold so as to share with them I do have a little devil on my shoulder that prays they will be digging out for days after our cold gets down there!!!

As you said weather is what it is. We all have one or more types that we dread with all our being. Mine is extremely hot and humid or the extreme cold (though it does give us sunlight and many here would rather have -50'sF and sun then milder winters with lots of snow and weeks upon weeks of endless, grey depressing cloud cover).

This message was edited Dec 4, 2013 4:23 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Week before last Tornadoes made a mess of north central Indiana And Illinois got devastation ..

Could get down to 30F tonight in the coldest sections of the valley.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli' I can't imagine the idea I am looking at , It is warmer here than your zone 10 tonight .
42 the expected low .. weird .. As the saying goes : "That makes wonders of sense ".....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.