Morning Glories 2013 #14

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1339211

Ronnie's beautiful Kukuo

This message was edited Nov 17, 2013 1:58 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I still have a few blooms. Just the normal purple, pinks and white. The blooms are getting smaller. Guess it is the cooler temps we had last week.
Sorry it is upside down. Posting from my phone.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2013 2:52 PM

Thumbnail by taters55
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Those are beautiful! Besure and catch the pods if you want to start over next year with new kinds. That is why I am always having a bunch on the fence, I seem to miss catching the pods.

Pretty purps Linda. Down to 24 here a few nites ago so the end of my outside blooms.

Gautier, MS

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday Ronnie!

Very pretty bloom Jackie.

Nice bloom too Linda.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you Helena!
Great bloom Jackie it really is pretty!

Thanks Helena and Ronnie.

I don't think I mentioned how pretty your Kukuo is, Jackie, But you know I love it, it is blues.
More of the basement mix.from 2012/2013

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra.

Very pretty blooms Debra.

Aug blooms
No Mai
Tai aki
pandy
Azuremore with 2 diff blooms
pandy

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Bump

really pretty , that Azure more bloom is very soft looking, are the leaves velvety? Your Pandy rocked this past summer.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, those really pretty nice blooms. Am enjoying all of them. I agree with Debra that your Pandy was awesome this year. Can't believe mine didn't bloom this year.

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Debra, the lvs on that one weren't velvety but sure looked like it. Just nice veins running
thru out the lvs. I really enjoyed it, a gift from Helena. I'll send you a few of those sds Debra. It was very pretty and all the diff patterns made it special.

Helena, I really enjoyed pandy this summer but you know we had so much rain that it finally got rust. Just destroyed the lvs and finally took the whole vine. The rust got out of control
very fast so that it was too much to spray. Thank goodness my vine will return in the spring.

Was glad to see a bloom on Transvaal yesterday. Happy to see a bloom of any kind. :-)

Thumbnail by patootie

Oh those are lovely, I have a vine with those kind of leaves growing, I hope it is that one..

Debra, I bet it is cause I sent you sds of this one. :-)
Transvaal has an enlarged base (trunk) making it look tuberous.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, your Transvaal blooms are beautiful. I hope to grow it next year too. I've been getting damaged blooms so not worth posting. I guess the cold weather affected them. I probably need to feed them with Bloom Booster.

Thanks Debra and Helena.
I hope you get blooms this winter Helena to keep us entertained.
I don't expect to have any winter blooms. :-(

Shauna, glad you were able to rescue the vine. I'm sure you'll get lots of blooms
after your vine recovers from the move. :-)

A 2nd day bloom from Dany's #2

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Very pretty Jackie, I like that bloom.

I don't know if I'll have any blooms for winter either. My vines look pitiful.

Yesterday I found a pumpkin vine with blooms I want to dig up and save before the frost gets it or it gets trampled. That was a nice surprised.

Thanks Helena. All of my mg vines are ugly too with bugs, Just saving mine for sd gathering.
The Pumpkin vine will make lovely orange or yellow blooms ??

Tonys PTD in white

Thumbnail by patootie

Lovely, Jackie. I keep missing a few blooms downstairs, dang it.

Gautier, MS

That's a pretty white bloom Jackie.

I dug up my pumpkin vine so I can enjoy a few more of its blooms.

Glad you got that vine dug up for you to enjoy, Helena. It is so cold here from the front that came in. And Windy. And some freezing rain. Ugh.

Thanks girls. The white was really pretty.

Oh please take some pics for us Debra

Looking forward to your pumpkin blooms Helena.

Front coming thru here too Debra. Falling temps all day.

PPV in August

Thumbnail by patootie

Only 39 degrees here in Texas. Who turned off the heater?

Sheese it is cold! well finally caught a glory downstairs blooming, thought it was a Jaimie Lynn, but the sepals are I nil..
Here is the leaves of what I hope is count drac, Jackie, the base is thick and ropey like a prennieal..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Glad you caught that beautiful bloom Debra.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

That's pretty Debra!

What we be doing if we don't have gardening, or Grandma'ing to do? TV? go out on the town? Honestly, I have always worked 9 to 14 hour days sometimes longer for 30 plus years of my almost 62 . These last 5 years I have been Gardening more than I ever had, and I think it is because I don't have young ones here, or a dog. My turtles are fun, but only when I can take them outside. The fish are funny when jumping for a dangling worm, but after the worm is gone, well, there is the rooting tub right next..and the vines are strategically placed by the wall lights and have things to crawl on.. here is this years vines so far..
some of my patio mix from 2012, the fish, the rooting tub, and the turtles are all in the first part of the basement to the East..All around them they have green to look at.. , and there are plants inside sitting up on things for them to hide under. I have dumped buckets of my compost soil mixed with top soil, roly polys, grubs, worms of all kinds, and crickets in mounds around the substrata. I saw a crushed turtle just like my Eastern Missouri Box Turltle, Gamera,
just about two weeks ago, on the hiway. I think it was trying to find softer ground. Sad.
Last pic is moving south on that wall, these are a mix of passion flowers, blackeyed susan vine, and i nil mix from 2011 I found. I plantesis is back in there somewhere. My sister would tell me it is too much.. I think growing morning glorys really helps keep my spirit up all winter.
Sorry to hog the thread..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, Transvaal I think in the 1st set of pics.
Love your basement pics. I used to have a few goldfish at my old house till
the raccoons found them.
Speaking of dogs, how is Sherrys dog?? Hope they are taking good care of her.

Oh they are, they send me pictures of Sadie, she is very happy.

I'm so glad to hear it. :-) I know you're much relieved.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I enjoy your basement garden too Debra!!

Thanks you guys, I really wish it were still summer right now.. our low for tuesday is 12.

My sickie daughter Rose, is now back at home, and able to talk now, she is buying a new car tommorrow from my workplace, her other car was totaled. She has been texting menon stop about her decision, and now the main question is: Black or White.. *sigh* me and Joe both said we would pick white. The car she wants to get is a most sought after Honda Fit. We only have those two colors in, she wanted a pink one. LOL

My vines continue to twine downstairs, and I am happy. There was another bloom open like what I posted earlier, but once again missed a shot of it, and it had little blue specs with the faint stripes and pink center. Wish I knew what it was, but really, don't care. Sticto is budded up. Here is what it looked like last year, they crawl along the ceiling in that room with lions wool yarn strung up .

I was happy to get one rooted again from a cutting. I am getting better at it.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

That is a beautiful bloom!

Beautiful shots of sticto last yr. Its a beauty.
Debra, I can't tell if your blue bloom is a Count Drac. Heres a pic of the one I grew in 2011.
My Transvaal a few days ago with a good shot of the leaves.
Finally a pic of Fuji no Sora from Aug 2011 with the virused lvs.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

thats beautiful, and I like that virus and what it did to the leaves.

How do you know it is a virus and not just pretty variegated leaves?

Thanks Debra.
Linda, We know its a virus because the sds from these fancy lvd mg's, I had several, did not come true from seeds with the same variegation. I did forget to mention that the original vines that produced these
sds did not have anywhere close to that much variegation.

This message was edited Nov 25, 2013 7:07 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.