Morning Glories: Morning Glories 2013 #14, 3 by joeswife

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright joeswife

In reply to: Morning Glories 2013 #14

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Morning Glories 2013 #14
joeswife wrote:
What we be doing if we don't have gardening, or Grandma'ing to do? TV? go out on the town? Honestly, I have always worked 9 to 14 hour days sometimes longer for 30 plus years of my almost 62 . These last 5 years I have been Gardening more than I ever had, and I think it is because I don't have young ones here, or a dog. My turtles are fun, but only when I can take them outside. The fish are funny when jumping for a dangling worm, but after the worm is gone, well, there is the rooting tub right next..and the vines are strategically placed by the wall lights and have things to crawl on.. here is this years vines so far..
some of my patio mix from 2012, the fish, the rooting tub, and the turtles are all in the first part of the basement to the East..All around them they have green to look at.. , and there are plants inside sitting up on things for them to hide under. I have dumped buckets of my compost soil mixed with top soil, roly polys, grubs, worms of all kinds, and crickets in mounds around the substrata. I saw a crushed turtle just like my Eastern Missouri Box Turltle, Gamera,
just about two weeks ago, on the hiway. I think it was trying to find softer ground. Sad.
Last pic is moving south on that wall, these are a mix of passion flowers, blackeyed susan vine, and i nil mix from 2011 I found. I plantesis is back in there somewhere. My sister would tell me it is too much.. I think growing morning glorys really helps keep my spirit up all winter.
Sorry to hog the thread..