Winter time for the Brugs

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Gita, I am sending you morning glory seeds. On another forum. sorry. Where is that Elizabeth at? I hope she isn't snowed under .

I felt like sending a few gardeners down south an icescraper in the mail, we give them out free at my store. Feel so bad for everyone in the tropical states going thru the icy cold and stuff.

I am good, plz do not send me any plants. My downstairs Gardens are plenty for me right now.

My stictocardia is still blooming. The nunns orchids are spiking, and my snowqueen hibiscus is budded at each tip. Tropical milkweed is budded again, and my lavender moon vine is budding. Imma happy down in the basement Gardener. I can't believe a year ago I drove to Arkansas to go to the dr with my sister. I miss her. edited to mean is not snowed under,,, sheese I am tired.

This message was edited Feb 1, 2014 1:55 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Mesilla Park, NM

Deb, those are beautiful.
A.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Deb--

Love that Holiday cactus! Do you know what it is called?

I have a yellow one (from JB)--but it does not have the pink with it.

I have acquired an amazing mounts of Holiday cactus. Another thing I cannot
stop propagating....My sickness.........
Gita

That one came from a trade.. I have a few different colors. No ID on this one. Sorry
Thanks, A.. do you have a Sticto?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sorry--No--I don't.

Only the 6 JB sent me 2 years ago are "named"---all the ones I have
are just "borrowed" sections from crowded, out of bloom shelves at Lowes.

I do not, generally, care about names of plants. I go more for what I like.
Gita

I am with you on that one.. I am terrible at keeping name tags on stuff.. but try really hard. LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife
Mesilla Park, NM

Oh, you have a bloom, thats just beautiful. Im so anxious for spring. Im almost done with the four pots, a bench Im painting and a bowl that will go under a pot. Im putting them out front next week as soon as in finish grouting. I dont have anything blooming indoors.

Gita, i figured out how to turn of the auto correction on my ipad. Lol

A.

Mesilla Park, NM

Elizabeth, I just wanted to show you what the metal basket looks like with the grape hyacinth ...

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

that is gorgeous.

Long Beach, CA

How cool is that!!

Mesilla Park, NM

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if the bulbs were planted deep enough to bloom. I posted the basket up above in one of the older posts when I originally planted them. The Bees love those hyacinth blooms.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

It was a rough winter in the green house for my Brugs but the ones in the ground must be tougher. I have several coming back from the root. Monster is one of them, Misty Pink, Adora, Painted Lady. I still need to clean out flower beds to see. The ones in the pots--Gone. The ones in the house are sprouted and growing.
Hope everyone has a beautiful spring... Monster and Abigail...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.