October Weather - Fall colors, harvest. Tell us.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

46º this morning, sunny.
Rain coming in this afternoon.

Yesterday evening i took my son to the town fair.It was raining for awhile.Then after it stopped it left this beautiful Rainbow behind.We had a great time!!

Thumbnail by
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They're calling for a high of 81F today but it will get hotter later in the week. I haven't been feeling well so I've been inside the house most of the time for months and the temperature doesn't mean a whole lot to me at this time. :-(

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

83 today
sunny , breezy , humid .

southgal; luv the rainbow

As for harvest, the garden was very poor this year. I don't know why. I got two handfuls of beans, three cucumbers, and no pumpkins or gourds.

Thanks Juhur7!!!!!

Thumbnail by
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hot and humid here today. Miserable weather.

Over the weekend it rained.Along with the rain from yesterday,made it to turn out to be Mosquito ville they are bad.I am so ready for the cool weather to run them buggers somewhere else!!!

Mountain View, HI

Quite a few showers, very little wind and quite humid. Thunderstorms and flash flood warnings and watches up the other end of the island chain a couple of days ago. The upper low that caused those problems is moving away and we should be back to normal by the weekend.
No fall colours to look forward to here so have to watch out for your photos.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Just above freezing out in the country here. House has a distinct draft tonight (time to find out which windows are still open here).

Texans you are going to be chilly tomorrow (well those in North Texas anyways).

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Raining, warm and humid. Temps still in the 80s here.

They are calling for Santa Ana winds this weekend and temperatures in the 90s. There is a fire warning. They are calling for a high of 82F for today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain gauge showed 1¼" this morning.
Started raining again at 8, lasted until 11.
Big rain coming from So. Dakota later today.
Working in cabinet shop instead of doing market today. .
61º

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

No rain
Strong wind
75 degrees
A few sprinkle drops last night just before sunset , looking like rain now , probably will later.

Had rain this morning but it didn't last long. Temps then shot up to low 80s and humidity stayed high til the winds moved in.

I took advantage of the moisture provided and planted my japanese maples today. Just finished about 15 minutes ago for the day. Rake up extra dirt tomorrow and mulch.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Suppose to freeze here tonight. Not hard, but. . . . Covered the tomatoes just in case.

Southgal don't you love the small town fairs? The kids are so proud of their animals.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60's For tonight here , no rain yet though .
I remember a young teenager in front of some Beautiful Rabbits , She was so proud and happy and filled with expectations !!! It was delightful ,
I'm a concrete madness , but I know ...

Hi Jnette,yes..As long as my son has a blast thats all that matters.At the fair this year the only animal you could win is a fish.They didn't have the Rabbits this year.The fair gets smaller and smaller each year.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

While most of Canada was warm and toasty Regina/Moose Jaw area dropped down to -5C (that would be 23F) overnight. Even the Northwest Territories were warmer than us. :'(

We however avoided snow (unlike some places below us).

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

86 / 66 today
Humidity 80%
cloudy
Wind 6-12 Still warm here.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

JU do you have a spare room I can stay in until your weather turns cold? LOL, And you know it will. It is suppose to get into the low 60s for a couple days and then down again.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli in Canoga Park is closer to you Jen , and in Sunny California too !!!
iT'S HOT today fall or not ,,
Although I'm sure everyone would make you comfortable here , let's see roll away's or Hammocks from the ceiling LOL
Couldn't you here DH now ...lol

Rain,Rain and more Rain here,humid as well.In the low 80's.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Gloomy day. Heavy overcast. 60º.
Storms forecast tonight.

Well another day shot here. It was hot and humid with windy conditions too. But my old cat bit me yesterday when I touched a sore spot so my hand is only semi useful and since I planted 2 trees yesterday and broke up a bunch of roots my right arm is sore. I still need to bring in tender plants. Grrrr....

Moderate Santa Ana winds today. I don't know what the high was but I'm guessing it was around 86F. It wasn't as hot as they were calling for, which was 91F.

Pepper,i hope you feel better soon.

Santa Ana winds today. Humidity at 11%. They are calling for a high of 93F and it will probably get fairly hot as it was already 70F at 7AM. Fire warning is in effect.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rained beginning at 4am , Rained hard with lightning and thunder for early this morning .
Rainy , cloudy now . with 17 to 25 mph S wind .
Humidity 74% currently .
Good for yesterday and all fall plantings so far ^_^

Feeling much better today. Thanks!!

Rain overnight and til about 5:30am this morning then cloudy til mid morning. Temps only reached high 50s. Tonight we will get down to 40 so my tender plants are in temporairly til I get some cut back and condensed. Gotta spray em too!!

Last night we had more rain.Today it was raining again with it thundering.Tonight will be cool and for the high for tomorrow will be in the 70's.

It is still raining and thundering here.I think it has rained more this week then it has during the summer.It is POURING!!!!

Mountain View, HI

We may have seen the last of the hot Hawaiian summer. Trade winds are continuing but blowing in lots of shower clouds. Very little sun and on off moderate showers. Another upper level low is approaching from the west and will give heavier showers and possible thunder showers to Kauai and Oahu. Down our end of the island chain we are expecting frequent heavier showers until possibly next Friday. We have lost our inversion layer that caps the cloud tops and keeps the showers pleasant. Cold air aloft will allow the clouds to grow into towering cumulus hence the heavier showers. At least that's how the experts put it. Where we are it means wetter weather.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Weather started raining at 4am yesterday morning a few hours of a break since then
T- storm at this hour , suppose to rain steady until about 7 pm Sunday according to the forecast ,
Severe weather warnings and flash flood warnings through today , As much as 2 inches of rain per hour are possible with these storms moving through .
So far just under a couple of inches here according to weather reports ,
Currently 66 Degrees Rather a nice fall rain with some thunder and lightning at the moment

They are calling for a high of 99F today. No Santa Ana winds today but still a fire warning out.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Raining. Two and a fouth inches in the gauge this morning.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

King Euro says Saskatchewan will indeed be sharing lots this winter. The months of the Wolf will be c*o*l*d Southeast of here (worst below Manitoba to the Great Lakes ... including lots of States below that area). So definitely get your parkas/snowshovels/snowblowers ready!

The Months of the Wolf will reach right down to Texas and the Atlantic coast (though not as bad as for those in the mid section of the U.S.).

the map doesn't show Florida in the blue but everywhere else (except the far West) will definitely be cooler/really cold.

Now the ? is how accurate will it be (I'm betting it will be).

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oh and currently +16C here (much colder and snowier in the States just below me today).

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

79°F and a bit humid here in NW Pennsylvania today. Last warm day for a while as the 10 day forecast shows highs only in the 60's.

Just finished picking 4 bushels of Ida Red apples and easily have 3 or 4 more bushels still on the tree. While not as "cosmetically" pretty as the ones on the supermarket shelves, after peeling they are perfect! Haven't touched the Red Romes, Wine-saps or Red Delicious yet. Also picked several bushels of Yellow Delicious and still have a boatload left to pick! What a great year for apples! Especially welcome after getting none last year due to multiple freezes in the spring!

My daughter and family are packed and ready for their move from Darby MT. back to Pa. but the blizzard has delayed them.

The leaves are turning here, and will be prime by the middle of Oct. My favorite time of the year! Time to take a week's vacation and do some photography!

Photo: Ida Reds.....One of my favorite varieties!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Early_Bloomer,
Love those homegrown apples. When I was a kid, I loved to eat apples while green. My parents told me I will get a belly ache, but I never did.

It all started on Sept. 3, 2013 with all day rain that turned to snow over night. It snowed all day with accumulation of 18" of wet and heavy snow. Never in all my years, have I witness anything so spectacular and scary. I thank God that I had my diseased hybrid elm removed years ago or I would have lost my garage. I did lose my 6-year-old smoke tree. No other trees on my property.

All around, large limbs were heading towards the ground. I can hear ripping noise of the limbs as they tore loose from their mooring. The electricity flickered off then on. Finally it went off around 8 and stayed off. I was prepared with a kerosene lantern. My computer was off. So decided to go to bed.

It was spectacular from a photographers point of view. I was able to get some good photos from my front and, and back door of neighboring trees. Luckily when I parked before the storm, my car was out of reach of neighbor's tree limbs.

All was due to the amount of snow, and the heaviness of it---perfect for making a snowman. Most of the trees are huge hybrid elm.

Today it is sunny and 42 degrees. Snow is melting.

Photos taken during the storm

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.