October Weather - Fall colors, harvest. Tell us.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

High of 90F and dry Santa Ana winds.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on October 16, 2013
Clear
68 °F
Clear
Humidity: 16%
Dew Point: 20 °F
Wind: 15 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 23 mph
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 5.30 out of 12

This message was edited Oct 16, 2013 6:08 AM

The rain started back up about a few hours ago.Brought in a little cool front.The high in the upper 60's.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Highs in low 60s and no wind finally!! lol. Felt great!!

Is it just me or does my Sugar Maple here look like a rabbit?

Thumbnail by pepper23
Mountain View, HI

Still muggy, hot, humid and still. Thunder rumbling over the interior of the islands. Working in the yard without a shirt does not help.
If weathermen are correct (50/50 chance) then tomorrow could be very wet with upper level low still lingering and an area of moist low level pressure coming at us from the east. Heavy rain forecast.
Funnel clouds over Honolulu these last couple of days with heavy showers and thunderstorms over Oahu.
Interesting news - two years City of Honolulu spent $2 million to haul sand off the ocean floor back onto the beaches in Waikiki.. Variations in the tides and ocean swells this last summer has eroded all that sand back into the ocean and uncovered even more rocks and old breakwaters. Some beach areas are roped off and beach boys are having to move their businesses. May be the rising ocean levels are having an impact. Estimates are that by end of century Waikiki will be under water.

Yep, pepper, your sugar maple looks like a rabbit.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

55º Sunny.

I was successful on an online auction last evening. I bought a 26 x 36 greenhouse frame for about ¼ the price of new. It also included planks for along the bottom sides. A good deal, I think.
We will use this one for growing lettuce.
We have 4 others for growing tomatoes.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes I agree a rabbit impersonating Maple .

Sounds good CG , fresh lettuce is always wanted in winter ,

48 degrees and falling here
light rain
Windy and steady at 8 to 11 mph
Nice cold fall day for catching a Cold ... not an lol ...

The sun came out today.I hope it will dry all this mud up.Soon!!!

It is 64 now.Tonight will be in the high 40's.Tomorrow will be in the low 70's.

We will see 60s for a few more days then the bottom drops out and we will be lucky to see 50 a few times next week.

Today was low 60s and sunny. Once sun came out and started warming up things it started feeling good. lol

I am so glad I'm not the only one who noticed the shape. lol. My dad can't figure out why it's not filling out more. At least it's alive and healthy, just slow to fill out. lol

Extent of fall color so far here. Not much to look at.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sorry, no lettuce here in winter. We want to be able to grow it all summer long.

Raining, 41º BRRRR!!

I am jealous of everyone's rain and cooler temps. They are calling for a high of 88F today and 90F tomorrow.

38 and raining, I was cold enough at work this morning I had to wear my gloves and my ear muff. My ears kept getting cold. lol. We need the moisture bad so no complaints about the weather here.

A lone coneflower blooming amongst ones already gone to seed.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

33º on my porch.
Off to market.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Rain and cool temps. Around 50° right now.

They are calling for a high of 91F today. Ugh.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

cold and colder headed so many different ways soon (even Houston on Hallowe'en).

Sorry Kelli :S

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

48 degrees , cloudy
17 Wind
humidity about 62%
Rained last night at about 45 degrees , 30's for tonight .

Mountain View, HI

Sticky, muggy, hazy, still, voggy, hot. 80f feels like 90f. Dry

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

microb ; (jealous) ^_^

Penstemon ) babies !!!

Thumbnail by juhur7

Woke up to 32 but no frost to be seen. Warmed up to about 60 and sunshine. Tomorrow we will get around 70 before dropping back down to 50s for high.

Brrrr!!!!Today was windy and cold.I am blasting my heater!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

31º @ 10:30 PM. Frost on the car already.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

We may have frost after 3 a.m. this morning.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Clouds came in, .35º maybe very light rain.
Snow northern MN.

They are calling for a high of 84F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cooling but okay 63 this Sunday afternoon 46 tonight after 42 early this morning ,
Partly sunny very windy 15 to 25 mph
When the wind stays at sunset it's very cold .

Plants dying back in dormancy , usual fall clean up , lots of little things to do and be done ,
Will get to about half or so of them )lol
Seems gardens are never complete and never incomplete either , interesting infinitive ...

I have friends that live in Aussie.They are fighting wild fires.The fires has gone to both sides of the road.It is very heart breaking that they are losing their homes to the wildfires.I have been watching it on CNN.

Warmish today. Reached 70 and started out with a light breeze and ended up with a strong breeze that cooled us down quite a bit today. lol

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

So sorry to hear your friends are in danger of the fires, southgal. They are terrible.

Cooler here, down around 40° last night, maybe into the 30s. No frost yet. Sunny, clear, crisp fall day today.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

We have had several frosts, and now are in a period of beautiful sunny days and highs mid 60s, lows at night right above freezing. Trees are gorgeous in color, and I just bought me a B&D 32v leaf vacuum/blower to get some garden mulch going. I have my backyard gardens totally cleaned up and cultivated-only have a few carrots and 24 newly transplanted Butterhead lettuce growing. I know the weather will get bad just any day now, and I do not enjoy garden chores in the cold!

This message was edited Oct 21, 2013 7:27 AM

Cold today!! I think temps were in the 30s this morning and warmed up to low 50s and sunshine. Wind was blowing pretty good too so it just cut right thru.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

43 and falling fast
10 -20 mph wind
What to say ? with drizzle ... 30 possible tonight , my season is over )

Dahlia and zinnia , (sigh) for the last probable day .

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

It is 62 right now.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Snow was reported at the edge of town. Regina got a good dusting...treacherous driving for those without winter tires as roads covered with ice.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Summer like weather here the past five days, humidity back up again...maybe rain today, supposed to be a front coming through then we'll only get up to 80° instead of 90°. We usually don't run the AC this late into Oct....been a warm one...nice thing is my potted tomato plant is doing great.

More fall colors in my garden.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

30º High today 40º

They're calling for a high of 86F. No rain in the 10-day forecast.

This pond has been dry all year.

Thumbnail by Kelli

51 and under a frost advisory for tonight.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

34º & overcast.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.