October Weather - Fall colors, harvest. Tell us.

Humid at the moment in the 80's for today.With a chance of rain.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Upside down fall color better than none. ☺

Kelli that sure is a bunch of creeper. It is all still green here. We actually do get some fall color here, but not usually until winter.

Guess we're going to heat back up again this next week, upper 80's and low 70's at night...so it was nice while it lasted.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 degrees last night
11 to 15 mph breeze blowing , cool fall in the air
Red Maples and Oaks starting their fall colors ,
warmed quickly today 77 degrees now , with 36% dry humidity air .

Well we got a good down pour of rain with in a few hours.Right as it was drying up from the last rain we got.So now its on the cool side.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

57º after high of 61º
Sunny & windy.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Some rain overnight, brought in a mild cool front. High of 62. Felt like 70 even with the brisk wind. Unless you were in the shade then you had to grab a jacket. lol

Yellow mum blooming.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Pretty Mums Pepper!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

White frost this morning, 33º
More normal fall temps this coming week.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Cloudy right now. They are calling for a high of 75F.

We don't get much fall colors on trees in WY so depend on late flowering perennials, such as these mums.

Cloudy, a typical fall day. 30F,

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Was misting and now sunny. Temp is 74°.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Pretty fall flowers. Still a bit cooler than they predicted here, and humidity is staying low. Had a fire last night at our friends outside in the pit...we just sat further back. :-)

Oranges and yellows coming out in my garden. Zinnia, Daisy Mum, salvia, Duranta (Golden Dewdrop), and Cassia tree. I just bought the zinnia and mum for eye candy.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice to have lower humidity in the South. My mums are eye candy as well although there are some lovely ones planted out around the neighborhood. The yellow and lavender are an especially eye-catching duo. I just haven't gotten it together to do that yet. :/ I do like the Celosias. And the bees do as well.

It is still cloudy from the rain we had.

I had a wonderful day today.I go to a Cowboy Church and you will never believe who came and put a concert on for us.The Famous Country Singer T Graham Brown.It was so awesome.I was able to get a hug and have two pics taking with him and he signed a cd of his.Thats the first time i ever meet a Country Singer in person.I wish i could post a pic,but i can not,because of him being famous.

69 and sunny. Winds have died down some so it's pretty much perfect out.

My row of mums. Normally they look full and lush but last year's drought took a toll on them so they don't look as good this year. Also have sedums and a volunteer fleabane blooming there.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That's a pretty flower pic pepper .. My mums don't look good enough to post a pic of.
As you said last years drought and I didn't water them enough this year ,
I will add some new soil and mulch them real good though and they will be back .
Nice fall flowers
My red mums bloom all season nearly when their happy ..

68 degrees , 8mph wind , Sunny ,,,

This message was edited Oct 13, 2013 5:20 PM

Mountain View, HI

muggy, hot, sticky, still, humid, mostly cloudy, mid 80s. not a breath of air

In the 60's for the low tonight.Tomorrow 80's for the high.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

42º
Sunrise at 7:40, ain't it pretty ?

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes it is ,,
39 this morning it is .

Currently 51F. They are calling for a high of 82F. Sunny, of course.

Still cloudy here.Its been cloudy for days.The sun tries to pop out every now and then.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Warm and sunny. 80°

Coolish today. Only reached low 60s. Partly cloudy til mid morning then the sun finally broke thru til late afternoon when rain moved in. Just got some sprinkles mainly.

Bernie, love the pic!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Started raining around 6 PM. Raining steady & hard since 8 PM. Might go all night & into tomorrow. We do need it. But it is going to slow the harvest some.
47º

Tonight is in the 60's.

NE, SD(Zone 4b)

Sunny, cool yesterday.
Today it has rained since 7 this morning and to rain throughout the night. A cold 47 for the high.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Brrrr. We're still getting into the 80s although a cooling trend is on the way.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

1.1" rain.
Going to pick all big, green tomatoes. We will put them in the basement on tables. Use them as they ripen. Growing season will end this week. Predicted frost every night starting Thursday.
Not bad as average frost date is Sept 25.
Still no color in trees & forest. No wind has taken lots of leaves off. Strange fall!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Meant to add, the picture was really a good guess. 2 minutes after I shot it, clouds covered the sun & all was dull again.

They're calling for a high of 88F. This is supposed to be the hottest day of the week, thank goodness.

We reached low 60s today but only because sun came out. lol. Otherwise we would have all been shivering. Rain overnight though I don't think we got as much as Bernie.

Not much fall color here either. Conservation Dept is saying my area will be late this year with peak being towards late Oct. Some color but not much. I need to get some pics hopefully tomorrow.

It has been raining on and off for the past 2 hours here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Been raining here for a few hours also , 59 degrees earlier,, 63 degrees Fahrenheit here now ,
A warm rain ???

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

No rain yet despite what they said.

Its been a steady rain all night and still raining.
64 degrees now.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Starting to rain now. :)

Cville_Gardener glad you are getting rain!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, southgal. It's time for more rain. Getting a little dry here. Just light rain so far but more should be rolling in as the day goes along. :)

Cville_Gardener,you are very welcome.I think it has stopped here,but it is still very cloudy.Course its been cloudy here everyday for a week.I am ready to see the sun pop out again.Ha ha!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.