Morning Glories 2013 # 11

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1331946

BMN

Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Always loved this flower...Fuji no Monet. I remember my first seeds came from Beth, wonder if she still grows them!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Then a pink one showed up!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

love those two. Ronnie. R u talking about bindweed beth?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those are beautiful blooms!

Gautier, MS

I agree, beautiful blooms Ronnie and Jackie. Even though I bought seeds for the fancy FNM, I didn't get any of those to come true.

All I had today is the chocolate.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks guys!

Yes Debra I am talking of Bindweed Beth. She was always so generous.

Pretty no Monets Ronnie.
Beautiful chocolate bloom Helena.

This came up in an old pot of Dany's # 8, a dropped seed

Last time I checked, a couple of yrs ago, Beth was no longer a member.

Thumbnail by patootie

well, i have been pulling pods, sorry to say so many filled with a little maggot type worm, inside the seeds eating them. I aqm so upset. *sigh*
love the choclate, Helena, and the blue with darker streaks is awsome, Jackie.

This is a Test. I am having trouble with IE uploading photos on to this page//this is from August..
Been up all night getting seeds sorted, and the basement areas halfway cleaned up.. getting ready to bring in the most tender tropicals.
have no clue what this is, but if it is on the arch like it looks like it is, it will have nice fat seedpods with a worm inside..as did this one on the north gate, but this one is ok.,.. is this a milky way or a shiva? I managed to salvage one pod from this #4, and one seed pod from both the gloriosa and the white i carnea
okay well goodnight all, time for me to try to sleep. Joe retires in three more days. *sigh*

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Sorry you;re having such a problem with the worms Debra. Seems like the 1st yr I joined in
05, some members were having the same type worms destroying their sd pods.
Your blooms are beautiful, the 1st one looks like the same bloom i got from your sds.
# 4 could be a light PPV. Your white carnea is beautiful.

Your blooms are so pretty Debra. Sorry to hear the worms got most of your seeds.

Jackie, I am glad you know what it is, tell me again what PPV stands for?

Debra what are you going to do when Joe retires?

Deb, Plum Purple Velvet aka PPV.
Both of these are noted in my files as being out of PPV sds.
the bloom on the right was from my original blooms from Helena's sds in 09
the bloom on the left from 2012 might have come from no Mai pollen since mine
are all open pollinated

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Deb I love this unknown from your sds, all in all, a lovely mg.
No Sora cross in the g house
Dany's unknown with changed colors overnight

Look at these mg's, last 2 pics, I had to pot them up using the cheaper potting mix when my usual source didn't
get in my Fertilome mix. None of them grew, most of them croaked. I have 6 or 7 that look like this. I may have to switch to Pro Mix if it
continues to be a problem to get my Fertilome in.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms. What is fertilome?

Linda, its the most wonderful potting mix I've ever used.

I love your PPV, it is the star of the yard, or it was.. it blended well with the moonvine alba. Well, Joe is up still he is calling in, it is supposed to be his big reitement party but he doesn't want one, so now he will have two days of work left Friday being his last. I will continue t work until thye tell me I can't, I think they would love a younger woman in my position.
these are from 2011, 2012 and I have one frm 2013m but have too look for it.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

you guys should look at this thread from last year
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280410/#post_9279493 ahhh memories and familar blooms..

Debra you need to try and talk him into that party. He will have a great time and may regret it later if he does not go. Not to mention all the work that went into it.

Debra, Your PPV blooms were lovely. PPV does't make any ugly blooms, all pretty

I agree with Linda but if Joe won't go, then he won't. His co-workers want to give him
a big send off into retirement. I hope Joe will change his mind and go. :-)

he stayed home, cooked dinner, made some jello, watched the cooking channel, went out and bought some white wine for a recipe he wants to try, and I am hoping when he goes to work tommorrow or friday, they will surprise him LOL
Meanwhile, my carrion flower has two huge buds, ( I havn't looked at it for a couple weeks)
counted 30 plants in the ground I have to get liners for and dig up and repot, and just now he asked me to save the huge coleus tubs I have .. *sigh* He said he will bring in anything I want, and I guess he wants things to be saved too.
not too many i nils blooming , the moonvines, orange noah, purps are all still going crazy, silly big tower of lobata is just now budding, so is the tub of confederate rose I have had for the past year and a half, still amazed at the goji berry in bloom, it is about three months late. Found one seed pod on mny pandy, and then prompty dropped it into who knows where as I was holding it and pulling off dead leaves, go figger. got the other special pods bagged up in net bags, tho. found the name for one of the tropical mgs species is orchea sp. ethiopia, the other a woodrose.

I found two chines bean vines blooming and budded wow they are really late..
*sigh* caladiums are just now winding down, guess it got a little chilly the other night.
did I show u this one? or any of these? If i did I am sorry to repeat, looking to see if any of them came from you or from Emma on ebay..

Debra, lovely blooms. I don't recognize # 1 and #3. Your # 2 does look like Purple George Strait. Beautiful Plumeria bloom

Thumbnail by patootie

I love the leaves on that glory.

Sure hope he still gets his party.
Love all those blooms.

me too LOL, oh, Jackie, Look up Roman Candy.. reember when I had a whole fence line of that one and sent out seeds in the mg seed swap?

Debra, Only problem is I didn't participate in the seed swap. I could still have some of those
sds though as you and I sometimes/usually trade later on.
Also something else I'm getting more sure of every day is one of my unknowns that looks
something like Xiongs could be the Shishi botan with that pretty, unusual color bloom. I
do remember now sticking a seed down in one of my tubs.,
I had all purpureas open today.
How nice to have a Carnival of Venice.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those are beautiful.

beautiful purpls. Love them all. home on lunch, gotta go back dang it.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Always love the purps!!

Debra they gray one is great, wonderful color!!

This FS from the other day was huge almost 4''!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

Thanks ladies.

Wish I had grown a FS this season, yours is a beauty Ronnie.
FS= Flying Saucers

oh yes, I love those things. I did not grow any this year, truly a beauty.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Flying Saucers! I grew these from seeds of my own then had two volunteers from a trade...one from Dany's and the other from Debra's mix. I was very pleased.

here are some pretties from Dany's pack.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

oh I love the last one! could you save me about 4 seeds from your FS?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Sure thing Debra!

Those are beautiful Ronnie!

Here are a few that I had open today!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

well guess what.. I found another pandy actually 2 of them, in a bonsai pot I had stuck them into and left them under the bushes all summer.. go figger..Should I plant them in ground or keep them in all winter or what?

Debra, I'd take them in. My pandy goes dormant at the 1st sign of cooler weather.
At least inside, yours can continue to grow and get a head start for next summer.

Well, I just realized my pictures did not load... Let me try again!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.