Morning Glories 2013 # 11

Gautier, MS

I love all your pretty blooms Jackie and Debra. Just beautiful!

Neat link Linda.

I had 2 nice blooms this morning.

BMN and Watercolor. A pic of crotalaria blooms at the public library. I use to grow them for my hummers.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh my gosh Helena, beautiful blooms this morning on your BMN and Watercolor.
I love the Crotolaria pic too. It's a tropical beauty right??

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Whoa LOVIN that water color!!

One of Debras Patio Mix, camera captured it in blue and purple. It's purple.
Tonys PTD

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

gorgeous eye candy today. Thank you..
I have never heard of Crotolaria, now I must see about it.

I have a hard time getting tru colors with my camera alot. I love the blooms you are showing, all of them.

Joe and Charlie moved 90 percent of the outside tropicals inside today and Joanna arranged things for me, since I am down. It was nice to just hold the doors open and point to where I wanted things, and then change my mind ten times LOL

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Glad you have help Debra, hope you feel better!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Hope your feeling better Debra.

I love your pretty blooms too Jackie. Crotalaria is an annual, improves nitrogen
(sp) in soil. This is one year that none of the seeds game up from previous from the year before. I gave seeds to a friend in Tennessee that has been growing them. I hope I can get a few seeds from the plants at the library. It can grow bushy to 5 ft or more or if comes up late can be as small as 12 inches or more and still flower.

I was happy with my blooms yesterday and today had a nice bloom from DFNM.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Hope you are feeling better Debra.
DGS and I have been scurrying around trying to get everything back in the g house.

Helena, Glad to see your pretty DFNM still blooming. Pretty sure mine has quit. It was not a
healthy looking vine for me this yr,

Still have maybe 50 or more to find a place for in the ghouse.
Nice size and shape to my Carrion flower this am
One more bloom on my BMN, hope I can gather just a few sds soon. This was not the
prolific bloomer I had last yr.
Debras beautiful Patio Mix bloom
Just what I was hoping for, a speckled blue LYK the color break is a surprise. I pollinated the bloom with BMN pollen
and Debs lovely Patio bloom pollen. Hopefully one of them takes. This one does not like to make sds.

This message was edited Oct 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. It took a long break before it bloomed again.

I really like the size of your gh, it looks big. Mine is much smaller.

I love all your pretty blooms, each is special in it's owm way.

Helena. my g house is 12 x 24 feet long. I will need every inch of it to store all my plants this
yr. My Plumerias have grown and everything else so short on space. I hate to cut the large
ones back to make room but might have to.
I loved the colors on my blooms today. I hope I get a few more so I can pollinate by hand.

Not many bees out, in fact, hardly any at all this summer. I did a lot of pollinating myself..

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

lovely DFMN, Helena. I love your greenhouse, Jackie, lots of room there..
Joe would have a cow if I cut the plumeria down, this is the first year we have seen blooms, and it is still blooming with more buds to come, but now it is downstairs. My carrion is still not open, gee sure takes it time. We have had some bees, and they are still about..
Sure love the purps, always a trooper about staying open when it is colder..
I have blooms on a plant I have had for three years with no blooms, I think it is some kind of wild MG the blooms are much larger than the messina creeper, with a tri lobed leaf..
Joe dug up the north west flower bed against the house across from the tomatoe patch and moved some Huge four o clock tubers out and some old rose bushes moved from shady locations to that fulll sun end. Hope they are happier now..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Oh no Debra. I wouldn;t cut my Plumerias down either. I've been feeding them all summer but blooms on just one of them. I repotted and fed them but I didn't get it right since
only 1 bloomed. But I could cut back a few other things like my Rangoon Creeper and a
few ot my angel wing Begonias,
Your Carrion flower will be open any day now. It takes only a few days to start showing color after it gets a little bit larger and it will bloom soon after. Your plant itself looks great too.
Pretty mg blooms and nice to see a Mina Lobata. I hope to start a few of those this coming summer.

(Zone 7a)

We've been having days in the 80s with warmer nights, and the late-planted MGs have finally gone berserk on the arbors. Rust hasn't been very evident here, and I seem to recall from by-gone years that, in our garden, it would wait to appear after the flowering hit its prime. It would come back, but not until the next flush of new vines from the old leaf axils hit another flush of blooms. Beautiful show, but not seeing much in way of pods. Good thing I only started 1 seed of the scarce ones.

Am looking forward to Debra's Carrion flower blooming - don't they have a remarkable scent? Eau de limburger cheese with a note of dirty socks? lol

Have enjoyed everyone's flowers very much.

Fuji Musume, yesterday

Thumbnail by bluespiral
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Lovely Fuji Musume Karen, hasn't the weather been great!

I've had a few late bloomers from Dany's seeds and a few purps.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone again.

I've enjoyed everyone's beautiful blooms too from the unusual flowers to all the purpureas too.

We are getting a light rain now. I hope the threat of this storm passes us by.
Only 2 bloom today from this chocolate.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone! Wow, such beauties this morning!
It is pretty cool here for us, it was 45 when we got up. We had a north wind cold front come in yesterday, and in about 15 minutes our temps dropped from 85 to 55! I had to go put on some sweat pants and longer shirt.

Beautiful Fuji Musume Karen.
Ronnie, all lovely but partial to your white and powdery blue bloom in the center. Love that
shade of blue
Pretty chocolates Helena.

Remembering my Aogakiyama from Aug. Now one of my favorites

To our new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1336822

This message was edited Oct 6, 2013 2:50 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I love that one Jackie!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.