Morning Glories 2013 # 11

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Yeah it worked... I love number 4 with the slightest hint of blue!

Gautier, MS

All beautiful blooms everyone!! I am enjoying the show.

Watered my mg's with fertilizer and am placing them outside again. I received a tropical plant order yesterday. Mostly hummingbird plants, I am disappointed that what is supposed to be indigo blue porterweed has lilac flowers. I had called them to make sure it was the true blue color and they told me that it was. Why do they do that? It's about the 3rd time with different mail orders that they say they have tblue and send lilac color. Frustrating.

I would demand a refund.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice Linda, #4 is pretty!

That stinks Helena, it is a pretty flower though.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

LK, you have some stunning blooms, girl. Helena, I have some tropical vines u need LOL

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Pretty blooms Linda. I love # 4 too.

Helena, I agree with Linda and would ask for a refund. If they won't comply, then don't use
'them again. That would just set me off too. :-(

Omgosh Ronnie, Just now saw all those beautiful FS's.
Just gorgeous and one of my all time favorites.
My FS sds did not produce anything that lovely the last time I grew one out.

Blue Star Of India = BSOI

Debs lovely unknown

Pres Bush making more blooms than any of my vines

A pretty lite colored purp

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Jackie!

PB is a good looking flower!

merremia dissecta and turbina corymbosa are the two species on the arch, for anyone I have sent seeds to so far this year.
Love the PB I think I had some bloom from you, Jackie.. I sure love them. BSOI is always striking .

Thanks Ronnie and Debra.
Pres Bush does make some lovely blooms. The solid is pretty but I sure do miss
that beautiful patterned bloom it made for me a few yrs ago. I should have hand pollinated
those blooms to keep it going.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. PB was a good bloomer when I grew it too.

I'm going to email the mail order co. and send a picture to complain.

I need to go and water my plants, it's getting pretty dry here...bad.

Took pictures of my sons neighbors mg vine still blooming and a few of mine.

This message was edited Sep 30, 2013 10:04 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Oh..love ALL the blue ones... But they are all great.. Here the color pallet changes day to day.. Lots like the blue picot had stopped.. I hadn't been around much this summer to feed.. But returning to feeding has lots going on late.
Last year I got as many of the ruffled gray seeds I could..marking the blooms...with everything growing together it's hard to save seeds.. I didn't get a chance to plant them this spring... And I must have done a good job gathering them all... As not a single volunteer from them made it through to this year

Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Pretty blooms Helena. The blues are gorgeous but love the big mauve and the white.

Your're blooms are lovely Gordon. Love your Podranea ricasoliana and the beautiful
pink Brug. Nice purpureas too.

This is tagged as Blue LYK but in person, actually looks more like Blue Sazanami
or a Blue Splash.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I like that mauve one too!!

Gordon such a great tropical look you have there!

I agree, real beautys there Jackie and Gordon. I am just naming my seed mixes for trade patio mix by areas.. garden mix etc etc, with all the seeds I pluck that aren't ate up. Today is Joes birthday, he grilled lamb chops and veal, and i did the rest, then he brought in the tropicals for me in tween football commercials. Beautiful day for sure.

well tore down some vines and things today, thought I'd better post what is blooming before they get tore up..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

My Back Hurts *whine*
Jackie, that LYK or what ever it is , is one I really love.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

well there is still some color back there I guess...

Happy birthday to your Joe Debra.
Glad Joe helped and you got your tropicals all safely back inside for the winter.
Going to have a cool down here
too in the next week
Gorgeous blooms you're still enjoying there.
Please save me a few sds if you gather any for the beautiful hige # 2 in the 1st set of pics.
That gorgeous Carnival of Venice, your # 5 pic in the 2nd set.
Loe your purps in the 3rd set of pics and the beautifl Datura dis-color, your 5th pic in the last set
If all of these are in a mix. that would be ok too.
You know I only had 1 hige this summer and it only bloomed a few times, very disappointing.

no problem, those are easy to find and tag, Jackie. Still have a few plants outside, but they are hardier than the first batch. you know it is colder when the caladiums drop down. The sharp pod morning glory is all blooming in with the orange noah, pretty.

Debra tall Joe Happy birthday from me too. Did he ever get his retirement party?
Love all the blooms.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Tropicals in already...Wow...I figure I have another month to go...but it might just be more denial...thanks for getting me to believe it has to happen again..yes the red and white hinge is a wonderful flower...my favorite ..
Just a new arrangement today...and love my tuberosa...there should be more of them but maybe they are just buried ..this one keeps blooming for weeks now..
Everything is buried here.. My poor brug.. Supporting all these climbers and still flowering

Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I'm in total denial it's supposed to be in the eighties all week here!

I've got to get all my tropicals back in the g house b4 this coming weekend. By
Sunday nite, the temps will drop to 44. I hate winter now
Nice blooms Gordon.

Purps putting on a show here
Pres Bush
Lite blue Td

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice Jackie, the purps and lite blue are great!

Thanks Ronnie.
A big flush on my purps today.
I really enjoyed the Lite Blue, hope it
comes true from seed this next yr.

really pretty purps, Jackie, your blues are awsome. I still have lots to bring in, dreading cutting down the arches,.

Thanks Debra. Wonderful blooms you've got going.
Wish I knew the name of this pink I first thought was setosa. Might be one of Debra's.
PPV
Ronnies Split Petal not
Pretty Mandevilla too bad we can't see its flushed with lite pink
Rebecca?

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

I sure am enjoying seeing everybody's pretty blooms. I love all the colors.

A few from my garden, little peach-orange from yesterday, chocolate and dark purpurea from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, pretty little peachy bloom, I really like it.
I see I called your choc a mauve yesterday. I knew I should have asked you. :-)
Pretty purp.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

wow beautiful colors today. love the purps and that Mandevila, also what a cute lil peachy face that one has. I am jealouls, my spider lillies still have not bloomed. U know fall is here when the purpls are still open in the evenng from the morning earlier. Kniolas black is loverly, I think that is among my favorite of the purps, hard to pick a favorite. I have been calling all the whites with a lil touch of color shiva, but I am sure a few of them are milky way, I found the pack. *sigh* I am terrible at naming things.. in 2011 almost everything was set up and looking good in the basement, right now, I am only a third ready down there.. sheese!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra. Jackie I love your purps, sure have been putting on a nice show.

Debra, pretty blooms too. I have a plant like your first one too but I think mine is a dark purple color.

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Debra, is your first bloom a Thunbergia? Very pretty.
I love the rest of your blooms too.
DH is slow getting my g house ready for this winter so I;m behind too and feeling the pressure. I
bribed my g son to help me carry some of my plants to the g house that are waterlogged.
More rain on the way. I want to get most of them back in before this coming weekend.

Thanks, I do have small plant of that same color if either of you want it. It starts easily from cuttings.
Joe and Charlie and I are slowly getting the managable plants in, but there are some really big things out. I can't wait to see him bring in the bananas again, and poor Charlie has to bring in the monsters out back. The lobatas are just now starting to bloom and out of all the seeds I planted I only have one small bloom on the purple chinese bean. I keep sweeping and mopping down there and then another layer is there before I know it.

no pics today so here are a few from 2012

Debra, Trying to figure out what the Chinese Purple Bean is.
Do you have a pic?
Love your blooms from 2012

No Mai in g house
Purps

This message was edited Oct 3, 2013 2:09 PM

All these blooms are just awesome!

I found this on youtube, and thought I would share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iSwNfCf3U

Thanks Linda, Just a few today
Unknown blue not the true color
Tai aki
Pink George Strait
Ornamental pineapple

I am happy to see beautiful blooms from you, Jackie. Joe would like the last one,. I love the first one. stayed home today, my hip hurts. fell asleep in my recliner, so that means I won't be tired again. Oh well. Chinese bean hiyacynth, is what I mean, sorry. I have in white too.. now I need a red, and then maybe some healthy plants like 2011 ( first pic)

Those are lovely Debra.
Pretty Dahlia and Lantana too. Is #3 a 4 o'clock?

it is, I have some really nice colors of those things. ome again today, about to go take pics of the mgs on the garden ple, Joe called me out to go look at them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.