What's coming for winter?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It got to 82 and sunny all day , cooler now 62 and 49 for tonight ?
I will "rue" the coming cold

Thumbnail by juhur7
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I think it was in the 90's today, supposed to be 91 tomorrow and then a cold front is coming in.

It is supposed to be in the 80's next week.......finally! It's almost October for Heaven's sakes!

We saw a baby hummingbird today on our patio! Soooooo cute!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Mild Santa Ana-ish winds this morning. They are calling for a high of 88F.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High around 87 today. Not much breeze here so we are feeling the heat. Humidity is up too since we have storms on the way in the morning.

Today was another cool morning,with it turning out to be a hot day.

53F this morning, calling for a high of 88F, not unlike southgal except we won't have the humidity.

This morning was in the 60's.Today is going to be in the low to mid 90's for the high.Its going to be another hot one.My a/c has been running day and night.I am so ready for the fall weather to start kicking in.

Kelli i would be happy with your weather.
I am just ready for this 90 degree crap to move on.LOL!!!

This message was edited Sep 28, 2013 10:25 AM

We barely reached 70 today, had rain off and on all day and am now at 62. Will get down to 40s. Guess it's time to start cleaning up my tenders. lol

The Skeeters was bad today outside.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mosquito followed me indoors a while ago this evening , I had to wash my hands ) Splat I got it !!! Bloodsucker!!!
81 Now mid 80"s for a high today , 60's for tonight ,
Nice day ...

Lol!!! I got bit about 15 times today.Me and my son could not even enjoy the day outside today.I hate them blood suckers too.I was slapping left and right.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

( goodness ----------) I hate those things !!! Agree '

Are orange Dahlia really rare ? Anyone ?

Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are at 45º this morning.
Not a skeeter in site, actually we haven't had any for a few years now.
This is soybean country, with soybean aphids. They are sprayed in
August. The spray also kills all flies & mosquitoes.
No black flies in spring either.

High today should be near 70º.
Sunny.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

uh oh.....

Massive increase in Siberian snow cover.
http://www.natice.noaa.gov/pub/ims/i...ims2013270.gif
http://www.natice.noaa.gov/pub/ims/i...ims2013271.gif

Looks to be above average. I think if this continues to build like this it might get extremely cold over Siberia, it is very cold there right now for this time of the year.

:'(

*sigh*

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well we can all get together as a tourist group , to study ice ,and build Igloo forts . lol

63 F, Degrees Steady rain here now , cool day .
50 -51 for tonight?

It has been raining on and off since last night.It is still cloudy.

Heavy fog til about 10am this morning and a high around 72 with sunshine and no bugs around the house. lol.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

58 and steady at this hour , heavy fog here ,
Light steady mist type rain falling .
(England swings like a pendulum dew ) lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

56º sunny, breezy.
No fall color yet.

At this point they are calling for Santa Ana winds and 95F later this week. Today they are calling for 86F.

High 70s and sunny today. Lots of people taking advantage and getting stuff done.

Mountain View, HI

Finally getting some change. More frequent night showers starting late afternoon and continuing into commute hours. Temperatures are cooler. Those really hot days have gone. Mid 70s. Saturday did not get above 68f. Low 60s at night. Just how we like it. Some mud spots showing up on the forest trails so I think we can say we trending towards are rainy season.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Wow!!! I was thinking a little cooler than pepper here , Only to read we are having weather just the same as Hawaii ... C-o-o-L !!!^_^ (well ,, close anyway (lol
Yes it's nice here after yesterdays rain
65 F here now 58 or so for tonight ...

This message was edited Sep 30, 2013 10:00 PM

I'm still at 70 here. lol

It is 77 now here.Muggy and Hot!!!!!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Bees, Yellow Jackets kept me in all summer. Worst year for bees in a long time. You folks that have had hot weather, be glad at least you had something to show for it. Country Gardens it appears that you all have had a very productive year. Wish I could have had a quarter of what you did.

Wish for a cold winter to kill all the bugs and flu bugs too.

Low 80s for high with a light breeze. Felt good in the shade, a triffle too warm in the sun. But considering that this weekend will barely reach 60 I'll take it for now.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another wonderful day in paradise!
Farmers are busy harvesting beans & corn. Another bumper crop.
This happens year after year around here.
We are so lucky for the weather we have. Always works out just right!
78º today, sunny & breezy.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Don't understand it. You are zone 4, and I am 5, and you are running 78 degrees and we are in the low 50s every day and mid 30s at night. So cold. We are 15 degrees below normal.

I have tomatoes, huge tomatoes, and they are ripening very slowly, but do not have the flavor of ripening in the sun. We cover them at night and remove it during day. Will leave them until they freeze. If I had enough at the same time I would roast them.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I don't know for sure about the crops
but much the same a CG here ..

Beautiful Fall Day - Absolutely Gorgeous !!!^_^

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Quit boasting JU. LOL. Sorry, I just hate to think about winter coming on so soon. Seems like this summer has been so short and nothing to it. Guess because I couldn't get outside. Even the bees kept me in. Oh well, next year might be different. Hope to get out of here by then.

Got an early appointment with the physical therapist. 'nite JU. (grin) Jen

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Showers, possible storms later in the day, warm - in the 80s.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

October Weather.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1336289/

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

JU, did I hurt your feelings? I hope not. You know I was just teasing you. Don't go away mad.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Update the thread Jen . Lol . Busy through sleeping , not mad , not much to say either ..
How's therapy ?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Glad you weren't upset. Sometimes I say things I shouldn't.

Yeah therapy was ok. Nice to get thru it but got exercises to do at home. yuck. I am not an exercise person. Wears me out and I have so much to do..

Going to read and go to bed. jen

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Go to the new weather thread.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

After taking some time to weigh all of the issues carefully, I've concluded that it's going to be a very cold winter. ;-)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

HA ,HA, HA,HA , LOL !!! ROFL !!! .. ^_^

I will approach that apprehensively and slowly ,,, and say you might be right ,, lol ^_^

It depends on where you are. Here it has been a very, very, very long fall. We are still stuck in October weather.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.