What's happening in your neck of the woods August/13 !!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm going to have to look for shamrock "M", think I've seen them in grocery store.

Lilypon, lordy that's quite the undertaking..bet you will be thrilled to have it done.

Verona, ON

Foodland often has them, especially around ST Patrick's Day. Do you have both the pink and white flowered one M?

Rain has FINALLY stopped. Woo hooo, Duke can venture out of the carport.

Ann I stopped doing the circuit a few years ago after over 25 years on the road. The last year I did the Christmas shows I wasn't home for a weekend since before Thanksgiving. I always ended the year with 11 days at One of a Kind in Toronto followed by 10 days in Ottawa. Some years I didn't get home until Dec. 23. I was a babbling idiot after all those 12 hour days on the floor but some people would insist I was a babbling idiot before I even did the shows. I had an amazing cleaning lady and she would make sure she came in to clean that last SUnday afternoon so I would come home to a clean house.

Betty the old fall asleep in front of the TV then wide awake trick once in bed is something I suffer from too. In my next life I am coming back as a sleeper.

How did your doc's apptment go M?
Dianne

Victoria Harbour, ON

Dianne, awful isn't it, watching the clock and the hands don't move.

Last night I woke and thought it should be morning, even felt like I had a good nights sleep..omg it was 11:45 pm!

Not bad Dianne if you had good sales but I feel so bad for those who sell very little

I so want to go to the 1 of a kind show this year, you know I've never been

Is Duke pen'd in or tied?

Ohh rain just stopped, a wind warning has been issued in some areas

Laying here watching those big oak trees just a bending..yikes

Verona, ON

Pack your walking shoes Betty and take some water and snacks if you want to tackle OOAK in 1 day. Lots to see - some very, very unique items . It is almost physically impossible to walk the whole show and see every booth. Trying to get the washroom when you run a booth by yourself is a daunting task.

Duke goes out with me and he is on a long leash - sort of like a lunge line. Yep I'm the idiot dog owner who at 3 am is standing outside in bare feet waiting for the dog to decide to go.Diesel does not need a tether as he rarely takes himself out of his sight line of me. Occasional rabbit might tempt Diesel but he quickly panics when he realizes he can't see me.

M has the wind stopped .in your area? It has started to gust up here again. Oh joy!
Dianne

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

YAHOO!! Saw my rheumatologist, and, all is A OK .. only 'off thing' is my low blood sugar, and the blood value that shows an inflammation in the body is elevated .. but, on the whole, I am good to go til next April, still have to take cancer drug every Friday, but, I can live with that.

Dianne, it had to have been tough doing the circuit like that. DH picks and choses the venues he and his buds show at .. they do Sportsmans Shows .. pretty boring, altho, there were some vendors that worked so beautifully with leather ..

Just a gorgeous day here, about to start making SAMMIES, going out into the Boreal forest tomorrow .. Lorna has never been, so Gord and I are taking her, and the puppers, and a picnic lunch which I am about to make !!!!

Toodles

~~M~~

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

"WHOA Lilypon .. now THAT is a picture of 2 guys working VERY diligently, your deck will look awesome, well worth the wait."

Marilynne it had got to the point I was scared to look down that side of the house as those 100 yr old pillars (our house is 100 yrs old this year) had developed quite the lean. I tried and tried to get bricklayers to come but they are way too busy so was tickled pink when the 75 yr old man above mentioned to me he was a bricklayer. The bricks btw were originally from Medicine Hat.
That older fellow could tell me of the history of every brick in our yard (and we have a lot of different bricks).

"Lilypon, lordy that's quite the undertaking..bet you will be thrilled to have it done."

I will be beyond thrilled Betty...one pillar holding our front porch up is disintergrating before our very eyes (1/2 that can be seen was built with the good brick the 1/2 behind the workers cheaped out and used Wellington White brick...its related to chalk). Its at the corner beside where the deck will be built so it needs to be repaired prior to the deck being built (we will have to get a jack under there right away (just purchased it) and my fave bricklayer promises he will be back in the spring.

Our side and back patio has Claybank Brick (from my great grandfather's brick factory). It is related to steel (actually has iron in it) and was used to build the addition on Chateau Frontenac as well as for lining the steam engines of the CPR and CNR and the Corvette ships that Canada had in the Wars. It has fantastic heat retaining qualities that very few clay deposits in the world have. How I wish the pillars had been made with his brick.

This message was edited Oct 8, 2013 9:40 AM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Marilyn- "YAHOO!! Saw my rheumatologist, and, all is A OK" Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay to THAT!!
just watch your blood sugar, and you'll be "right as rain"

Wanted to share this pic I took today of a Hallowe'en dec outside a home here .. HUGE !!!

Thanx Susan re the doc .. keeping on, keeping on .. get stronger everyday !

Take care

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning,
what a glorious fall day, just too bad the day I pick to have 18 for Thanksgiving they are calling for rain.

Susan, how are things going??

love the house decorations "M"

Betty, rain predicted here as well over the weekend. Have been SO spoiled with the glorious temps this past week, and the sun too ..
Wanted to get out and start hacking away at the gardens actually try to see WHAT I can do .. who knows, it may happen.

I put 'that cat' on my FaceBook page and several friends have gone to see it. I looked up the 'Inflatible smiling GRINCH' .. lawsie .. $170.00 !!!!

Getting supper ready, bought some Cod, easy to cook ..

Was also wondering how Susan is doing, hope it's OK.

ViAnn have you tried any of your crabapples jelly ^_^
I plan on going to the market with Gordon on Saturday morning, but, he leaves SO early 7:30am, or earlier .. but, I'll give it a go :-)

Take care all..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Doing ok - applying for jobs. Bob & I sent our resumes to a gov't agency in Alberta, and they will see when they can hire us into their temporary "job search" program. They're the ones who help Bob get his last job, Dec 2012. As soon as their current group of people in the "program" are hired, they can put us in the program, and help us too.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Oh yes, Marilynne. We've finished up the left-overs jar - the one that had the little leftover bits of both batches and the kids have finished a jar or two. I still have some of last year's to finish off before we eat much of the new batch.

Also enjoying the peach jam.

Susan - I hope that job search program works for you.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

They've been finding companies to apply to... and I have :-)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving weekend.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds like positive news Susan and in the meantime you look..

Happy thanksgiving weekend to all as well, it's a gorgeous fall day here, shouldn't be inside cooking but that is what Thanksgiving is all about right..have 10 pies..7 still in the oven..would like to be productive but I know me, if I get involved in something pies will burn. Lol

Hope you all enjoy the weekend

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!!

Yes, Betty - in the meantime I look..........

I have 6 pies and 2 loaves of bread to make for next w/e....... our Church "next to new" sale and bake table

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone ^_^

~M~ and family

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, raining hard here, sure hoping it clear soon

Hope those of you having thanksgiving dinner you don't overstuff. Lol

Gobble, gobble, gobble .. Is it time for bed yet LoL
Feel as though I have already put in a days work !!

ahhh well, worth it in the end :-)

~M~

Verona, ON

LOL M ... turkey day will do that to you.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy your yes pies!!

We just got back inside from spending all morning outside. Duke and Diesel are ready for a nap and I think I might join then. Steve, Pam and Tia came this morning and we set up the newly built house for the generator. It is now in place, set to fire up the next power outage we get.

The cats are raising heck this afternoon - wonder what that is all about. Streak is very vocal but Sassy not so much. She is certainly making her presence known right now.

Anybody else being invaded by ladybugs? The last few days I have moved literally several dozens of them from the bedroom to outside. I got so fed up yesterday after I counted over 100 on the BR ceiling and I had spent over an hour moving the critters that I got out the shop vac and herded them up. They bite too! I didn't know that until yesterday.

Enjoy your meal. We all have so much to be thankful for . The one thing about not cooking a turkey is I miss the leftovers. I have 2 excellent recipes - 1 for Day After Turkey pie which includes the stuffing plus an excellent Williamsburg Turkey Chowder. When Warren was alive I would make huge batches of each because these 2 recipes froze so well. Who here puts sausage in their stuffing?

Dianne

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy thanksgiving all

Rather tired so won't chat long..just didn't want to miss wishing you all the very best

Bed time

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy Thanksgiving!! We have 2 of our closest friends coming for dinner tonight.

No ladybugs - just yellow jacket wasps.... think they're new queens........ but they're in our home.
had an exterminator in with a 100 day warranty - no extra charge. They are coming into the house though.... not many - 1 per day.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoy your thanksgiving dinner Susan, am sure you've cooked up a storm..wonderful your friends are joining you.

I'm relaxing today, well, let's say I have been since noon when last of clean is done.

Glorious day out there, seeing last of fall color as sun shines on the trees out front.soon they will be bare and weeks later with snow..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Dinner was lovely - stimulating conversation always, from these two friends. Very discerning people. They're friends from our Church - Margaret's 64, and Doug's 79. They make me "think" a lot - he's well traveled around the world, and she's a university grad - English Major.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

Dark outside, haven't listened to weather report..likely another beautiful fall day

Glad Susan that you got to enjoy not only dinner but great conversation. How is your mom doing?

These major holidays all but do me in, tired this morning, too funny, already thinking about early bedtime.

Happy day after the LONG weekend!
I'm like you Betty, done in, have GOT to learn how to pace myself.

Good to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving Susan, BOoooooooooo to the wasps though !!

Dianne .. have heard about those Japanese LadyBugs off and on .. hard to get rid of .. they were introduced to Canada to get rid of some other pest, the name of it escapes me right now.
Perhaps they came from the winter wood supply?

Time for a cuppa

Take care

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

We sure are hard on ourselves "M"

have things to work on but too pooped to poop, just sitting here watching a movie

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

My mom's doing fine - ty for asking :-)

Heard from my daughter re: Bob's maintenance case. In case you'd forgotten, he's till paying maintenance for his two "kids", one of which got married 3 years ago, and the other one working full time. Tomorrow, his ex was to have come, or called in to the court and "attend". I found out today (my daughter was on vacation, and she's the paralegal in the case) that our lawyer spoke to Bob's ex and she's vacationing in Cuba and refuses to call in. So, the court date has to be put off until Jan 8th (next available date). She can refuse a total of 3 times, then the court will make a judgement without her. Apparently our lawyer can request a Stay Of Enforcement for 6 months, so that Bob isn't continuing to pay . The lawyer will look into this.
In the meantime.... Bob's social security is getting lessened by 1/3 each month, to pay for "kids" that are no longer kids....
oh, and btw - do you remember that there was a typo on one of the orders (not the one requested by the ex, nor the amendment...) which changed it from Child Support to Spousal Support? Well, the courts have authorized and changed it back to Child Support, but Bob's ex has decided she likes the "spousal support" typo, and wants to keep it. Our lawyer said that she can't - it was never intended to be Spousal, it was a typo - courts have fixed it mmmmmmwahahaha!! lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

I absolutely cannot comprehend how Bob is still required to pay child support?? Something is definately wrong..maybe if she wants it to stay as spousal support Bob should ask it be reviewed, maybe she should be paying him

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

She can't ask for spousal support..... it was a clerk's error, and it's now fixed.
I know what you mean though - leave it as spousal support, and she can send HIM $$ every month lol It's a thought.... one fellow I know said we should sue her...

Well, another banner day - we got a letter from the City, saying they're cutting our water off again, from Thur to Sat inclusive.... wow - what fun...... Last week they said for 2 days, but it was only one. It's called "drink from water bottles, fill your bathtub, and walk to the water truck for any other water".... very convenient....
Went to a political debate tonight - our alderman, and others who want to be our alderman.....
Turns out that the "park" they were going to move us to is Not going to happen. Also, before the election next Monday, we'll be getting a letter from the Alderman's office letting us know some more information about their plans for our Mobile Home park......
There were 3 debating - our current alderman; another who hasn't a Clue about our area of the city and our concerns;, and the third was a class clown - lots to say, with a joke and a laugh, but no "meat" to his conversation. I know who I'm voting for.......

Jeepers Susan, what a field to choose from!
I wish you well with the water restrictions ..

Have been having a couple of computer issues with this laptop. It's 7 years old now and nary a wobble .. will try to see what I can do before I start spending $$ on repairs.

Have been wondering how ABAnn is doing? She must be done her preserving by now?
I think Edmonton had some fairly ishy weather this summer ..

OH .. Bob and the $$$ for a MARRIED CHILD !! Good old judicial system at its finest .. NOT.
Only word to describe it is LUDICROUS!

Best sally forth here

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

What a mess you are in with regards to your home..guess you are hoping to get a final answer soon, knowing is always better than not knowing right? Shake my head re elections, always want better and change and yet there is nobody most times to vote for.

"M" you've done well with your laptop if you got 7 years out of it..they sure don't make them to last.

I just love my ipad, seems to do all I need it to do..did buy a laptop last year, use it home and just gets used on Fridays lol hope it lasts a good amountof years.

nice out, did rain during the night..weatherman says rain later today and cooler temps towards weekend. Leaving for Florida a week Friday, will still get a bit of sunshine then comes the white stuff

What a beautiful day here .. I told myself to shed the ikk feeling and 'get at it', reasonably mind you ..
Made a turkey tetrazinni casserole, froze the rest of the turkey for soup or another casserole, am actually looking for a recipe for 'turkey pie', someone on the other thread had mentioned it, and, ever since I have been curious, no dressing left now, but have turkey and gravy and homemade cranberry sauce .. best I start lookin huh ^_^

Went to town to get DH a map of Wpg .. try as we might we just could not get the correct area printed out for his trip west this Friday, they're going to Steinbach MB for the Sportsmans Show, just south of Wpg, but, a brand new CABELAS store has opened in Wpg, so, they'll head there first ..

Fingers crossed Betty, the puter seems to be OK so far today .. guess it's like some people, doesn't do mornings LoL
It's a Dell Inspiron laptop, and, were I to do it again, I would go with Dell for the obvious reasons.
Thing is, I don't abuse my computer, don't load on files (except pics) or, tons of info. My BFF,Jo, hs had THREE computers in the 7 I have had this one !!!

Guess I should put the casserole in the oven, won't cook in the fridge !!

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

The reason for the continuance of pay, is that we've never taken it to court to have the payments ended. It's up to us to do so (at $1k to hold the lawyer's services, which we don't have to pay this time only because my daughter works for a lawyer, and he waived all his fees). And his ex can get a total of 3 delays.... 2nd date for court is Jan 8th. Then she gets one more and if she delays, the court will make the decision. She HAS to appear.....
In the meantime, here's hoping that the Stay Of Execution is done, which will hold off on our making payments for 6 months anyway...
Keep praying for us, please...

Doing so her Susan .. any chance Bob would be able to get 'back pay' from her? If the court were to order she pay back funds received while the son was MARRIED?

Went for Dim Sum today .. so full, I like Dim Sum with CARTS .. but, here in TBay you order from a menu/sheet .. over ordered today, so, not only DIM SUM BRUNCH, but DIM SUM supper ^_^

Hope all are well, snow in our overnight forecast :-(

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Marilynne - that sound like something Susan should look into.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Raining. Off/on all day..spent last 12 hours in my craft room so really didn't matter.

Think it's something to think about, surely Bob should have some recourse..

Cooking potatoes to mash..have tortierre so easy supper. Linda just left, she arrived few minutes after 7:30am

We worked non stop, she left with pillow shams, project for her daughter (king size quilt/shams) now done.finished around noon, talked her into using remaining scraps and making a tote bag..told her we would be done by 4pm and that we were. Lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bob's Daughter is married.. for 3 years now. We're not sure if their son is working, however. He was, and our lawyer phoned the company - he's not there anymore, and his fb page shows he's in school. He would have to prove it, in court.
I've already asked my daughter (the paralegal in our lawyer's office) about the back pay, and she said that Maintenance would have to see about it. However, the $$ has already been paid out to Bob's ex. And to incur further legal costs when we're paying nothing for this round - well, we simply can't afford it..... with both of us out of work.
I happen to be on "musical hold" with our Employment Insurance call center, waiting to see if my last report was actually entered....I got an "error" when I entered it. They still have't "made a decision" on my claim, but they've asked for only one week reporting, when they usually ask for two, so I have to think this means that I'm "done" for EI.... but still haven't gotten any $$ from them.
Such fun..... anyone want to trade financial circumstances with me??

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not I Susan, you sure have obstacles to overcome.. I am positive I'd not be able to deal with what you are going through..things were hard for me when I was first on my own but nothing compared to you..sending warm hugs..

let's hope more E.I. to come

still raining

Lorna went to hell and back with EI and, they won in the end .. they gave more paid pregnancy leave to women than they did to someone having had 2 amputations and facing 2-3 years of Rehab .. I even appealed it for her, the meeting was laughable ..
Wish you all the best Susan ..

As I sit here, it is S N O W I N G .. lightly, but, continuously .. just put a lasagna in the oven, made it yesterday.

Gord is thanking his lucky stars re that horrible motor vehicle accident on the Trans Canada west of us on Saturday night, he and his bud were on the road coming home from Wpg at about the same time, Gord noted the MAJOR presence of transports on the hwy .. 6-7 in a row at times, said it was quite unnerving, his friend is a retired OPP officer and he says it's getting worse and worse .. we have NO divided hwys up here .. we try and try for the $$ to 4 lane the TRANS CANADA, but, it comes in dribs and drabs and is sometimes ill spent !
Kinda typical ..

Anyway, Betty, you would be so proud of Lorna, she is repairing, what I call 'the divots', her wheelchair and walker has made on the corners of the walls .. she re plasterd, re painted and is now doing the baseboards, plus, we picked up some border to use as a kind of wainscotting .. she really is just such a success story re her amputations, 80% of the amputees in our area hardly ever wear their prosthetic limbs!! Lorna wears hers every single day. walks well with it, drives, and gardens beautifully, and now, home decorating ^_^
I want to put PLEXI GLASS on the corners of the walls, not those sticky (they aren't) pieces that go on .. have found them uselss .. anyone ever seen a plexi glass type of product around? We're going to check Home Depot tomorrow ..

TTFN

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.