Weather In Your Garden # 127 Waiting on Spring

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I was in High School for that storm. school was closed for a least a week.

This message was edited Feb 5, 2013 6:31 PM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

21 now going to 38.. more snow showers

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

12 now high of 33 today with snow showers

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coating again. Fri looks more significant. Sunny and 25.

I remember the 87 storm. Was watching Goldfinger & the lights went out.

I am going to have to drive Friday & its looking like I dont even want to go out of the house! I am going to be 30 miles away from home & its going to be Late !!!!

oh so dreading this white crap.

oops 78

This message was edited Feb 6, 2013 8:37 AM

I remember '78. Was freshman in HS. We played tackle football in the middle of the street!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

So the weatherman starts this morning by showing a chart and saying the coldest part of the winter is over. YAY!
Then he slams me with this map of possible snowfall to hit us Friday into Sat. I am in the 12 -15" area....on the positive side my plants would like a blanket. They have been in 10 or less degrees with no blanket for a few weeks now.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South Hamilton, MA

27° sunny. About an inch & a half snow overnight & more to come on Fri. Could use the winter moisture in the ground for the plants.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

18 with a dusting - snow friday!! back to xcountry skiing:)

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 32 right now.....very pleasant walking this morning, even though we had another 1/2" of nuisance snow...love being in that 12-18" range for Friday!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

snow total predictions are rising...............

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Just saw that Bill, I do believe your in the possibly 2' area along with me.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

well i guess we are now as the predictions have increased since i posted - kinda of nuts as yesterday the headline on boston.com was we get 6-8 or none - now less than 24 hours later the hammer - very excited here :)

Yes, heard Boston to get hammered.

Thomaston, CT

Looks like we dropped to 6-12......hate the thought of any since the yard is beginning to look like spring.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Calling for just rain here :(

Thomaston, CT

Lucky!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

29 and sunny. 1-2" of snow tomorrow

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

but I want snow!!!!

Now saying 9-12 inches for us.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

saying 5 - 10 for us

South Hamilton, MA

an inch & a half overnight. Blizzard coming Fri night. Just like 1978 as storm coming from the west & another from the south. Very glad for the 200' ridge between us & the ocean.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

In the morning I am going to finish work at studio as soon as I can and boggy down to Hyannis to catch a ferry before the storm arrives. Not sure what Nantucket is suppose to get, but weather models keep changing. I sure don't want to get stuck in Boston if it gets nailed. Patti

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

They raised the snow amount in our area .....any where from 18" to 24", some locations may see up to 30" here.

Going into town for eggs, milk, and such then batten down that hatches and get ready for tomorrow.

We are at 3 now, real-feel is -8. High for today? A big 13!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow.. best of luck babe!.. don't know how you do it.. 18 now going to 31

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The snow is bad enough but the winds will be gusting up to 40 and 50 mph, possibility of 6 - 8' drifts and power outages. Thats the part I don't like.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

It doesnt look good for the northeast coast states.We will get up to 10 inches.
Looks like a inside- weekend

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

OMG I would be in a panic attack

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we were in Lake George, NY one winter.. and the drifts blocked our door and we had to be shoveled out of the cabin.. don't know how you do it Celeste

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

No need to panic, although my heart did play a little hop-scotch when the weatherman said said it would rival the storm of 1978. ^_^

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I can remember one bad storm, actually it was several of them over several days and my brothers had to jump out the 2nd story windows to shovel the doors out. I think ?? it may have been 1969

This message was edited Feb 7, 2013 8:28 AM

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I think I remember the '69 storm,It was really big and Buffalo and Rochester got hit bad.They were using front loaders to dump snow into the rivers.
DD is flying home from business overseas.She is due Fri.night.It wouldnt surprise me if I dont see her until Sat or Sun depending on flights from NYC.

Thomaston, CT

When the storm of '78 was over, my DH opened the garage door, & the snow completely blocked it....the 1st plow got stuck in our drive......had to call in one from the construction company in town.....not looking forward to this event at all.......

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Update on this storm for us along Lake Ontario.Just a trace to 3 inches.I am not panicing over that. You along the coast will get slammed.I'll be thinking about you.

Thomaston, CT

That's not bad, Jo....hoping our total will drop!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Me too! The drifts will make it hard to get an accurate depth when all is said and done.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

26 and overcast. we won't be getting much here.

South Hamilton, MA

18° & overcast. We are in the snow area, but grocery hop on Thurs. anyway. I have pulled a muscle in my rib area & had a tough time getting to sleep last night,

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

was 10 here - will make sure there is plenty of gas for the snow blower.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You guys are making me all jealous, they are still calling for more rain than snow here

24° right now and cloudy, supposed to be in the 50's next week

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.