high wind warnings.. flood warnings.. flurries later... oh joy

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Pretty windy hete

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Extremely windy and 54!!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Crazy wind. Woke us up a few times.

Thomaston, CT

Wind was screaming at 3:00 am.....some branches down, but no huge ones...lots of blue sky right now, temp of 55....great way to end January!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What a crazy night, huge wind gusts kept waking me up

Still very windy, but hopefully that will dry up all the rain for our below freezing temps over the weekend

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

20's and flurries all day. windy too.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I am staying in Brookline and during the night I heard a strange noise, but the roof stayed on so I went back to sleep. I found out that a storm door below the my bedroom was ripped off and thrown into the drive and with the glass shattering. They don't use this entrance ever so I think they will repair the frame and not replace the door. It was torn completely off, but we propped it back up to get it out of the drive and to take a picture. Lotta of wind. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

geez

It is crazy windy out there, was flurrying a little

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow bad stuff there.. 25 now going to 31.. supposed to be snow showers

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We are at 25 and our high for today is 22 HUH?? Guess we are still dropping in temps.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

19* now with wind and snow accumulating to 4 inches.Not a big deal.

Cold wind this morning but better than yesterday

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Jen, the link for the adult Sambucol (when you have the flu) wouldn't open. I'm not sure which to purchase.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

20 here - patti i saw a neighbor with the a screen door in the same condition yesterday

Wow, Patti. Good thing no serious damage.

Cold today. 27 and mostly sunny.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

See if this one works
http://www.amazon.com/Sambucol-Black-Elderberry-Cold-Flu/dp/B001PYZEWO/ref=sr_1_16?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1359728478&sr=1-16&keywords=sambucol

I just keep all 3 stocked

Well.... back down in the 20's. 29° right now Looks and feels like snow....a friend lives down near Atlantic City and the roads are snow covered

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woke up to snow this morning. Still flurrying

Thomaston, CT

Temp is 25, partly cloudy, very windy....nippy walk this morning....

Placed my order, Jen. I was really impressed with what WebMd.com had to say about it.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

13 and breezy

Some snow on Sun.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Crazy weather!!! Super windy STILL

Snow squalls all day long with some sun and blue skies thrown in now and again

Same here.

Thomaston, CT

No squalls, but windy & 28.....

28 and snowing steadily.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

18°F and dropping, low of 6°F tonight. Winter's back in full force. :(

25 and windy here.

Got a few inches here today a bit of a nasty drive in this morning

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I spotted that Sambucol at rite aid the other day

17 now going to 28

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We are @ 10°F this morning, high of 24 for today.

Sambucol is on its way to me. In the meantime my ears and nose are stuffed, my eyes tear and stick together, throat burns now and then and I sneeze and cough with the same persistence.

Is it too late for Sambucol? Maybe I should have gone out and chewed on my elderberry bushes.

Pretty cold walk this morning

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

16 and snowing

Thomaston, CT

Sunny, but cold, 22 this morning when I walked.....agree with you, Deb! Sun felt good, though.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Reports about effectiveness of black elderberry, or sambucus to fight the flu. Even the ancient Greeks used it. don't try this at home, though because the preparation process is precise, or else it's poisonous. There are thousands of sites, but here's one:

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20031222/elderberry-fights-flu-symptoms

They sell several brands of sambucus at Whole Foods. I found Nature's Answer on sale for $10.41 for four oz bottle. I really like the stuff.

And don't forget, the most powerful wand in the Harry Potter stories was elderberry.

The Webmd.com website was what convinced me to buy it. Jen gave me the recommendation for which to choose when you actually are sick. Webmd.com doesn't recommend taking the preventative dosage because it only works when the germ is present. Maybe this regimen would get the germ as soon as it appears!!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I just call it the "winter remedy" because I think the germ is pretty much all around. especially since I work with people who don't take care of their health--criminals, street people and drug addicts.

Norwich, CT(Zone 6a)

It was a beautiful sunny day here. My heather is in full bloom and it looks beautiful. I need more plants that bloom in winter.
I was looking through my kitchen window and saw that my neighbor has a tall bush with the most beautiful red stems. Tomorrow I must find out what it is.
Rosemary your job must be difficult on a day to day basis, I can't imagine. Make sure you put posters of flowers and gardens all around your office.
I work in a grey cubicle and looking at pictures of gardens helps me, mainly in the winter time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.