Weather In Your Garden # 127 Waiting on Spring

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

That is a nearby park Patti.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Nice to have it nearby and not have to take care of it. Took DH to catch the Ferry as they are running again. He is driving up to Vt to clear the snow and check on the house. But mostly I think to ski for a couple of days. I spent a couple hours out grooming the drive and parking area so if we get rain and then a freeze we won't have big ice ruts in the drive. Still a beautiful day here. Now the dogs don't want to be inside. I am keeping them out of the area with all the bird feeders so the birds can stock up on food in peace. That single starling was huddled up on the porch behind the dog food bowl this morning, but I think our pair of resident hawks may get him as he is out of his element and no flock to protect him. Patti

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

41 and sunny. glad all are safe and sound.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice here not wind - back from x-country, no snowmobiles so i had to make the 5 mile trail myself in 2 ft snow, legs are beat.

South Hamilton, MA

Looked out the window to the backyard. It looks like winter should, not all brown. Snow is melting off the cedar tree which had branches hanging so they are not brooken. 41° Rain klate tomorrow which is NOT winter. DH cleared the car & mailbox so he can swing it out again.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Heard from WC2. Got 30" and lost power for two days. Has two trees come down.

Freezing rain alert here for tomorrow morning.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

UGH.. I just saw that too... said from 3AM - 10AM freezing rain :(

Norwich, CT(Zone 6a)

It was a beautiful day in Norwich. I went outside without a jacket.

How much did you get, Rose? Are you close to the shore?

Norwich, CT(Zone 6a)

I just called my neighbor to ask her what the temperature was and she doesn't know either but the day was gorgeous and we went outside without jackets.
It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get to the beach.

Thomaston, CT

Closer look at x-rays showed hairline break in Mom's pelvis, but no treatment other than physical therapy at rehab....40 degrees today, roads are good, I can see my mailbox again!

Norwich, CT(Zone 6a)

Marilyn, I hope she recuperates fast.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Aww honey, praying for a complete recovery for her.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hope she heals up fast RD.. might be an extended extended weekend if there is freezing rain in the AM

South Hamilton, MA

Best wishes for her healing. Falling is such a worry for us older people.

Rain tomorrow afternoon which I am not looking forward to as it later turns to ice. Easier to walk on snow. See above--

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robindog, best to you and a speedy and comfortable recovery for your Mom.

DH got up to Vt late tonight, but got the drives and in front of the barn plowed in the dark He can now go skiing in the morning. A great motivator. Here is a shot of the drive on the west side of the house. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Snow, sleet & freezing rain. I told my supervisor that I would do my local store but I am not driving 30 miles in ICE - will be my 1st store visit that I will miss in 6 months with this company.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I hear the plink plink plink of freezing rain.. 30 now going to 44

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh NO! Ours is coming in later today, around 4.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

The driveway was icy when I went out to walk, didn't even make it a half mile before I chickened out, too slippery.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

New thread ~
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1297880/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.