Weather In Your Garden # 127 Waiting on Spring

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Here's my friend's pic.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lots of wind gusts today but not really overnight
we ended up with 5 1/2" I'm loving it!!!

Hope it's nothing serious with your mom Robin

How 'bout that groundhog??

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

well spring comes next week, it's supposed be in the 50's

Yay - floods!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We are @ 12 degree's with 25 MPH winds, still snowing. :(

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Snow stopped here and it will be 44* Monday with rail.Floods Ohhhh Yesssss.

Sorry about your mom Robin.Hope all goes well.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Still blowing a good bit. Snowing, but sideways still, so not much sticking. Almost a white out. Poor birds are mostly on the ground eating what is blowing out of the feeders. A few try to perch and eat from them but are getting blown off. We have a single very confused starling who is the odd one out. He must have stayed when the big flocks headed south. He tried to get in one of the bird houses but wouldn't fit. Feel sorry for him/her. Dogs are staying inside mostly as it is cold too. Temp is now 23 with steady winds in the mid 30's and gusts to high 40's.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Warm, safe thoughts to all my NE Forum friends. Many, many flights are cancelled....screwed up air travel nationwide. We keep watching all these weather reports from the East Coast, DH gets updates on cancellations, the wind outside is howling....and then we look out the window and it's clear and sunny. Thinking of Boston today.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks all...nothing broken which was what I had feared.....bone-on-bone in her hip ....staying in the hospital tonight, will be sent to a rehab facility tomorrow or Monday....might be there forever as her dementia is getting much worse....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the update, dear. Your mom is where she needs to be. Thankful for no breakage

South Hamilton, MA

Glad to hear that 'Mom' is ok.

DH measured 18" here. depends where one measures . Friend in Carlisle MA had 27", Portland ME 31.9. We did lose power in the evening as DH said that the stove was blinking at him this morning. Prediction: nice sunny day tomorrow & another storm coing from the west on Mon. At least not 2 storms joining this time.

If TWC is going to keep giving serious storms silly names like Nemo, someone else needs to take over.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Marilyn, I'm glad your Mom isn't badly injured, sorry otherwise things aren't so good... Sounds like a nightmare getting her out of there with all the snow. I hope you're all plowed out now.

Psssst - there's another blizzard.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I think it was Hamden CT that the news said has 40" of snow!!

Yes - that's one town over from my friend in Meriden so he prob got the same.

I cannot even imagine that.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robin, long day for you. Sorry that the situation is so difficult, but glad she didn't break anything, but her pain sounds the same. Tough.

Finally found out that we got 20" at Vt house so DH may head up to plow and take a run or two down the mountain He loves fresh snow.

I always loved my grandfather's favorite comic strip Little Nemo and of course I so remember Capt. Nemo in the Jules Verne's novels. I named one of my all time favorite cats, Nemo back in the 70's after Little Nemo. I think Nemo is a better name than Bob or Fran for a storm and less offensive to many who have those names. I will hate the day they name one after me. Patti

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

New record set in Portland, 31.9" snow fall and the first time Mainer's have ever abandoned their cars on I-95. ^_^

South Hamilton, MA

We used to live in Cheshire, CT which is near Hamden. Between it & Meridan.

Yes - unfortunately known today for the horrible home invasion and murders.

South Hamilton, MA

A lot of other good things in town.

Norwich, CT(Zone 6a)

Marilyn, I hope your mother feels better.
It was a sunny day in Norwich. DH cleaned the driveway.
Thank you God for making the snow, white!!!!!

This message was edited Feb 10, 2013 12:37 AM

And the sleeping beauty. And the Pinocchio. And the...;)

South Hamilton, MA

& winter water for the garden

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nemo spelled backwards is Omen. Not so disnylike.

It's been in process for the past few days but finally the garage lift door is frozen.6* here this AM.Beautiful outside but really nippy.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2013 6:54 AM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's 12 and clear this morning , high of 31 for today.
Meant to say we got somewhere around 20 - 22", very hard to judge.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2013 7:11 AM

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW Pixie not much easier to shovel over 12 inches.

Its 6* here The Bear

This message was edited Feb 10, 2013 7:18 AM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

best wishes for your Mom RD... hugs.. 12 now going to 36

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its warming here today too and rain tomorrow.Cant wait.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wood stove getting a work out this weekend that's for sure

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Love that. The fireplace is lit for the day.
I have been wearing fleece since November.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

October ^_^

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Whhhaaaa.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oct. 13th when I went to do the 5k in honor of my brother it was 29 degree's. I was dressed in fleece from head to toes. :)

Thomaston, CT

Thank you so much, dear friends, for the well wishes.....I was plowed out this morning, woot, woot! My paper was delivered! The snowbanks are monstrous......poor Suey disappears into the tunnel I was able to carve out on the back patio.....hard to shovel snow that's shoulder high! Heading back to the hospital around 11.....

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Robin: This might be an unfortunate break for you and the family.If she needs to be in a rehab home I mean.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

It was -1 when I was out this morning, but sunny and pretty.

Hoping for the best for your mom Robin.

Thumbnail by debi_k Thumbnail by debi_k Thumbnail by debi_k
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

debi_k, beautiful shots. Your property looks like a park. Nantucket is clear, sunny, still and 25. Lovely day. Went wandering about to see damage. Just the two big trunks on a cedar broken in half which leaves one still standing. I may take the whole thing down as it is a tree that we have propped after every major blow for years. Another one near by it came down years ago in a big storm, so I think its days are numbered. It is very near the burn pile so that make the decision even easier.

Pixie62560, Great that you did a run when it was below freezing for your brother in Oct. I couldn't even think about a 5k walk today Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.