Weather In Your Garden # 127 Waiting on Spring

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coming from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293303/#top
This weather is doing nothing for my wallet!! I could do alot of damage if this cold arctic air doesn't move out soon. They say tomorrow afternoon if will be close to 50, this is crazy it's 12 right now.
So im going freeze my CC and dream of my river of blue and hope the bulbs don't try to wake up tomorrow when it warms up.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Thomaston, CT

They shouldn't, Pixie....the ground is probably very frozen.....32 here right now, very icy out....glad I left snow in my driveway, or I'd never get out.....

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Not to worry.

38 here. Taking my MIL, who's been here since Sat, for an IV infusion. She has a resistant UTI that needs to be cleared before she can have her stents replaced on Th.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Wishing her and you luck victor!

Thanks. She's always a *challenge'.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thinking of her, Victor

39 now maybe tomorrow when it gets warm I'll air out the house. Tired of being sick. Twice since mid Dec.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor hope she is doing well as are you. Not still sick are you?

Found out why the road back from Stratton was closed yesterday afternoon. There were two horrible accidents, one in which a women skidded and then ran into an SUV. She died in the car fire, but the 2 other people in the SUV survived, but taken to the hospital. There was a second accident, a head on collision, about the same time a few miles away. People drive too fast in the snow, thinking cars today can drive through anything without a care. TV ads are so misleading.

DH went back up to ski again today. Weather is warmer about 25 and gray, no sun. This morning the snow has been sliding off the roof and the avalanche noise is scaring the dogs. That sound makes me very happy. When we did the renovation we put on most of the house a new standing seam roof, so that we don't have to go up and try to clear them of the snow anymore. I was always sure one of us would get hurt or that the roof would cave in with the weight of the snow. We got a couple of inches yesterday. Patti

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Elderberry,Jan!!!!

They do drive too fast, in the snow in the rain....well then again you have people doing 20 miles under the limit even if it's drizzling

damp and foggy morning 43° feels like a heat wave!

Thanks. Much better, but still not normal. Lost my voice.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Mine was gone for 3 days....DH was beyond happy. Patti

This message was edited Jan 29, 2013 12:10 PM

Bad timing as my MIL does not hear well, on top of everything else.

Thomaston, CT

Hoping you will feel better soon, & good luck with MIL.....high here was 35.....very foggy in the neighboring towns where I traveled today.....freezing rain advisory in my county until 10 tonight....rats!

Hoping to admit MIL to Hosp. She needs twice a day infusions of antibiotics for the resistant UTI before they can do the procedure. Either over $1000 to do at home or two, 30 mile trips per day otherwise. Nothing is easy with her.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

best of luck to her Victor.. horrible all she has been through

we have flood warnings AGAIN

No work tomorrow as the driveway will be a Luge

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

60 today. we had lightening tonight. it also rained today.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Temps will be near 60 then back to 30's Thursday.
The yard is too wet to walk much.Vole trails just depress me.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

58 now, hi of 62

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

38 now going to 59.. fog this morning.. and heavy rain on tap for this afternoon

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

34 and raining, high of 52 today!!

Had to take my hoodie off while walking, was warm with just a long sleeved T

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

What elderberry supplement do you use, Jen. Every time I have the youngest grandkids, I get sick.

Very thick fog here. Can't see past the side door step.

Thick, thick fog. Crazy weather later today and tonight.

Thomaston, CT

Fog is soupy here as well...45 now, going up to 55...heavy rain, winds, & thunder for tonight....flood watch for whole county.....

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

53 and rain. temps will be dropping through out the day.

Thomaston, CT

Don't why my computer said it was 45 out....it's 35!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It's 58° right not, sun was out for a little and I saw some blue skies, clouds coming back, supposed to get a LOT of rain overnight and get very windy, wondering about all the trees that were never taken down after Sandy, lots of trees still leaning. With the wet ground and high winds...it's going to be a mess!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh and back in the 20's and snow for this weekend CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

High wind advisory here later.

Thomaston, CT

Up to 52 right now, but still very foggy......severe storms in Penn. & Georgia.......

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Jen. I'll order it now.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

wind has picked up

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

The bank temp said 65 about 3:30.. Raining now

Hi was 64, still 62
Rain hasn't started yet, wind gusts to over 50 for tonight

50 here. Misty.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)