Free Seed for Newbees "Newbee beginning!!"1/14/2013

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Did I say I have plenty?

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Plenty

Thumbnail by arejay59
Enid, OK

Things are good here Arejay! We are in serious need of rain but we are surviving for now. If the wheat doesn't grow there will be no harvest this year. No harvest, no money!!

Hope all is well for you.

Everyone have a great day...I think I am off to take a nap. Got up way too early, go a lot done! Laundry done, dishes washed, bread baked....now I am tired. LOL

Hayden, AL(Zone 8b)

Enid,
Here's hoping the rain falls soft on your fields:). Rising creek your envie from me should be arriving today or tomorrow. Good luck with the organizing! I'm working on my plant files some.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

they are all organized in the boxes, alphabetical, boxed by flower, herb, veggie, trees, etc. just have not thought to add to have lists. might take a lot longer then i thought it would. i have found that it is easier to google whatever the seed is with the words daves garden after it then it is to look it up in the plant files. google shows the dg entry right on top, on dg i have to sift through lots of entries to find the exact one. weird.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I too hope for your rain to fall Enid!!
I'm a google girl too RC

Boston, MA(Zone 6b)

I'm glad to work for myself on days like today - it was sunny and nice for a while, and I got more dirt piled up on my veggies and roses, spotted another monarch caterpillar munching away, and got the puppy walked. Happy Thursday, everyone!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

What do you do Nola? Or should I not ask that question? Just ignore it if its a not good question. blushing and kicking the floor....

Enid, OK

Really Arejay?? When did you become so bashful?? LOL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

lol shh.. Lori...shucks

Enid, OK

Oh, gee Arejay I am sorry!! Now I am blushing. LOL

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Bellsp-your envie arrived today-thank you very much-the first seed contribution to the newbies !

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

lol yeah sure you are lollll

Boston, MA(Zone 6b)

I don't mind any questions at all! I actually run online communities (kinda like this one) and do copywriting, social media, that sorta thing. It's so nice to be able to be home and take a break to garden, walk the dog, smell the roses as it were.

Having one's own business is a lot of work, but it's certainly got its perks! Maybe I can make DG a "research" project of sorts. :)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

So interesting!!

Boston, MA(Zone 6b)

It's a fun job! And more time with my stepkids, my nieces and nephews, the puppy, and my plants. I like fussing over things. :)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I am a firm believer in loving what your doing!! It sounds as if you do!!!

Boston, MA(Zone 6b)

Do what you love, and you have to...well, you have to work every day of your life, but I don't mind. Naps and kiddos and puppies make up for weird hours! :)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes they sure do!!

Boston, MA(Zone 6b)

who couldn't love this face?

Thumbnail by Nola_Nigella
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Guess we have something in common!!

Thumbnail by arejay59
Hayden, AL(Zone 8b)

Oh the labs are FAB! You guys are so lucky. Nothing like critter love:)! I'm drinking coffee and starting seeds this morning! I'll keep you posted. Fun, fun. Bumble must be out feeding charley and girls cookies:). Nola the job sounds very interesting. I've been thinking of pet sitting, myself. I worry when I'm away and I thought maybe others feel the same way anyway, I'm mulling it over. You guys have a great one, my guys, dear old dad and hubby looking for breakfast.
Happy Gardening!
Picture- can anyone tell me what this is? It came with foliage plants from florist. I'm sure I should know-lol?

Thumbnail by Bellsp
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

some kind of Caladium Fancy Leaf Caladium maybe

Enid, OK

Good morning all! I am off to bake cookies and make candles for a FURever friends fund raiser tomorrow. Very, very busy day for me but such a worthy cause!

Boston, MA(Zone 6b)

Bellsp, pet sitting must be a cash cow - people worry all the time about their pups. Mine is a "bassador" - a lab/Basset and she howwwwwls when alone. If you look up pet sitters on Yelp.com in your area, you could get a sense of the "competition", but there's always people looking for someone nice to watch their critters.

This morning I'm planting in a new-to-me pea, Golden. Rarely do peas make it out of the garden without us eating them first. ;)

Happy Friday everyone!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

what a great idea Nola Check it out on yelp!!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

only four on yelp i your area Bells!! http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=pet+sitters&find_loc=04350&ns=1#find_loc=Warrington,+FL

Hayden, AL(Zone 8b)

I will I have been checking out the competition. . . Some others in our area, yellow pages, Craigslist, Pet Sitters International. I'm just kinda thinking it over for now. I have a lot of irons in the fire at the moment. I'll check yelp out, thanks. I have a hard time with peas and have just planted two rows of green arrow bush english peas here maybe two weeks back. We will see what happens. I had the best luck with 'telephone' peas heirloom that I ordered from bakers creek heirloom seed, back in Alabama (good right fresh while in garden-hee hee-beat the birds) I had no luck before that, but I think I always plant too late or too soon when it is still to warm. I found the 'telephone' variety in an old book from 1908 that had a black and white picture of them- they were the tallest pea vines I had ever seen. If I find it when I get home I'll snap a picture and post it. Good luck with the Goldens.
Oh and the closest I can find to the pale pink leaf plant in my picture is arrowhead vine nephthytis, which I have. I know I've seen it before, I'll let you guys know if I track it down:)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

bells http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/184/#b

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

You might check into volunteer time at a local SPCA shelter. They are always looking for extra dog walkers. It's great exercise, too. Just be careful or you'll end up taking one home, sometimes hard to resist.

I've been a dog lover for years. Lately we've taken up a lot of traveling in retirement and owning a pet just isn't too practical. I do miss them though, and being a dog walker is fun in nice weather when I can.

Al

Hayden, AL(Zone 8b)

I have donated countless pet pillows, quilts and even did a fund raiser raffle quilt in honor of 9/11 firemen for the animal shelter we were near at the time and yes I ended up with 'Bunny'! I do have a full house of my own critters, see list back in this thread! Whew, but I will have to do that, I just have hands full at moment. Dear old dad couple trips for heart stints, etc.,etc. everyone good, though. Shelters need all the help they can get. I give to the cat shelter here, there are thousands! :). Cats that is.:)thanks for doing your thing Al!

Enid, OK

I am SOOOO Naughty! I am supposed to be baking and making candles but it is nice here so I am cleaning of the back porch instead. Putting all of my pots and such in the greenhouse in hopes it will hold the silly thing down when the wind blows.

I am gonna be up all night getting ready for the pet adoptions bake/craft sale tomorrow but oh well, it's not like this is the first time I have been distracted by nice weather! LOL

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Lori, you Good , but you are bad!!!!

Boston, MA(Zone 6b)

it's soooo nice out here, too. I took my laptop outside to work, and in-between work things, have been planting stuff! Can't knock good weather when it's here. :)

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Enjoy!!!!

Sulphur, LA(Zone 9a)

Hi Robin,

Bellsp directed me to this forum. I will send my envy tomorrow. I am so excited to have found Daves Garden. It's nice to have 1 place to go for Q&A, plant id, plant/seed exchange and so much more I have not yet explored. I can't wait for this year's gardening.

Kim
flwrsnflyrs1

Hayden, AL(Zone 8b)

Kim,
I'm glad to see you found this! I love this bunch of gardeners and I know you will too!
Hope everyone has a great day:). Check out the cute pictures of Charley, the 'girls' and all the fun pets/flowers, etc. in the top!
Belle

Thumbnail by Bellsp
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning ( flwrsnflyrs1) you must be Kim. Welcome . Ill be watching for your envie!! Morning Bells
still a winter wonderland here

Thumbnail by arejay59
Hayden, AL(Zone 8b)

RJ,
Good morning to you:). The picture is gorgeous. Looks like a Robert Kincaid painting. We are having another sunny day, no snow, but lots of white sand! I need to finish my coffee and get busy. I may just have another sip, though and look at your pretty picture. You have to enlarge it to see just how pretty. Snow has a special beauty all it's own, doesn't it?

Hayden, AL(Zone 8b)

Ha! I just spotted a citrus tree seed sprouted in the picture of my African violet. I've got them coming up everywhere after I read that lemons will grow from seed in 3-4 years to fruit. I have a neighbor who waited 10 years on a grapefruit, though and then it was loaded!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.