CLOSED: Let The Christmas Spirit Ring! REVEALS

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Such pretties!!!! I know our mail out is Monday but....mine might not go out til Wed. I'm going to the mnts. overnight on Tues and wanna hit the little shops in a small town. There's one of those stores thats ALL old fashioned candy...lol, and another is all things made in Colorado....sooooo. Santas Elfs will be busy til Wed.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Sweet box you got there Paula. I love it all too.

My box will go out Wed. Sorry partner, I also wanted to hit a certain store to get that perfect gift I know they have.

Chocolate gravy is the bomb if it's made right, we always put nuts and chocolate chips in ours if mom let us, but plain on good old fashion pound cake or fry bread was a big treat.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Paula, sounds like a neat box :) And it includes some homemade candy... Very neat :) You'll have to be sure you get some before someone "helps" you by eating it all for you!
I must say, I thought the idea of chocolate gravy sounded strange, but dipping cookies in it and putting it over cake sounds delicious!
Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Goodevening everyone.
I want to share with you all you the wonderful box of goodies I received from Susie / deejay9.
I received yummy fudge, dipped pretzels, chex mix , and peanut brittle. I also received handmade beautiful placemat set with coasters, crochet pot holders, country teddy bear towel ,two pair of aloe socks, and wooden napkin holder and colored markers.
Susie, I just wanted to thank you so very much for everything. The fudge is delicious. OH my husband said thank you also for yummy fudge. LOL. I only ate one piece I didn't want to ruin my dinner. I will have to hide that fudge from my hubby. I love it all. Thank you so very much for your generosity. Sending Big Hugs.
Merry Christmas, and Happy and safe New year.
Patti

Thumbnail by rose318 Thumbnail by rose318 Thumbnail by rose318
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Wow guys beautiful beautiful presents and so different from each other. Placemats are just beautiful. That pendant looks amazing.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM All Pattii Forgive The Card I Found Just yesterday as i was cleaning off my desk.
The Fudge is an Old Family Recipe Made in the same old 90+yr old pan for it was my Mothers Mothers pan & handed to me My mother used it since i was a small tike For i had to was it :) it was the most Used pan in the House :)
That is why The Fudge is so YUMMMY :)

The place mats & Coasters were made by a friend Here in town :)

Well I am at the library to print my lables since I was unable to leave the house yesterday and would'nt you know it I forgot my card and cannot use thier printers without it.. Whaaa. Boxis packed and ready to go,, but it will be monday as they will be closing at noon and I donot have time to go home to get my card. drat!,,

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I remember hearing a funny about a family recipe. The recipe was passed down through several generations and finally was with a woman who had never seen the recipe made. The first line in the recipe said "take blue pan..."
She tried and tried to purchase a blue pan and asked older family members. At last she was told, "You had to use the blue pan because that was the only pan we had."
Sometimes we forget how it used to be. I have so many pots and pans I can barely shut the cabinet, but it does not make my cooking any better.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Well Susie, I feel very honored that you shared your fudge with me. It is delicious. The placemats are beautifully done. Tell your friend thank you also from me. I also love the crochet pot holders too.I know it takes a lot of time in effort to make all of these handcrafted items. Which I do appreciate. Thank you.
Patti

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I got a box of goodies from Jaye!
Jaye you are such a sweetie, and I love all you sent!

Let me begin with an a wonderful looking cake from Italy, Ott lite caddy, A beautiful jelly roll of fabric, a jar of nuttella, (my favorite thing for toast in the morning), two gnomes, a beautiful blue angel for my collection, a yard of beautiful Laurel Burch fabric, a Santa shelf sitter, and a bib for Dylan, blueberry candy canes, and a pen with Santa shaped note pad, and a beautiful ornament shaped candle, vanilla scented.

There is one more picture, so stayed tuned!

This message was edited Dec 8, 2012 3:47 PM

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

And she also sent a red nek wine glass for my hubby Todd!

Jaye, thanks so much for the box stuffed with goodies, you made my day!

Thumbnail by taters55
(Zone 7a)

Very Very nice gifts...

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Great gifts! Especially the red neck wine glass!! love it!!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Very nice pressies rolling in!

Paula, my SIL gave me a necklace made like yours, just different colors. It always garners lots of compliments.
Crystal, would you care to share your mints recipe? They look like yummy old-fashioned melt-aways.

Patti, Susie's homemade goodies are always delicious. Placemats are really pretty.

Jaye set you up nicely for more sewing projects, LK. Had a Laurel Burch mug years ago. Her designs are so bright and distinctive.

Well, our tree is up and 95% of the ornaments are on it. Been at it since 10 this morning and it's time to put my feet up.

My box is going out Monday. As long as the rest of us who haven't mailed yet do so one day next week, we should all be fine and beat the last minute rush.

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Running behind on shipping my package but pretty happy with the way it turned out and I hope my recipient is too! Package will go out on Monday!

Nice pressies Linda.. hymn makes my box look kinda sad. Oh well maybe next year I can do a better box....

Rose,,,, your box is awesome too!!!!!! Love to get stuff from Susie anytime!!! She sends some of the prettiest stuff.

(Zone 7a)

Mine is going out Monday too :-) Take a while and thought to put some things together...

Do not pay attention to me tonight. I am very sick to my stomach and I am blaming the fairies for it. I got depressed and ate 2 pounds of chocolate. It was the first times in a long time I ate any and I am pain for it now.....bad elf.. very bad elf....

To make matters worse it was all the chocolate I bought for Goober and Gryphons stockings. I am an idiot!!!!!!!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Poor elfie all that chocolate and a belly ache on top of it.

What great pressies everyone is getting. Fun to see how individual each package is.

Mine probably wont go out Monday I didn't get anything done this weekend just trying to recoop.
No decorations done at home no tree ho Jada nothing.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Well my buddy's package arrived yesterday, hopefully none the worse for wear. Now I'm on pins and needles hoping everything arrived ok.

Joy

Morning all,,, My poor belly is better today, I cannot believe I ate all that candy. I was just upset about a few things and before I knew it the bag was empty. What an idiot,, especially since I knew I would get sick..such.. Ok,, maybe I did not think it would be that bad.... I was wrong.

I have done no decorating this year. But next year I plant to start early and get every thing finished before December 1 st..

Joy,, Do I need to go look in my yard to see if I have a box of baby sheep. It would be so awesome if I did. I envy your animals... Ralph and I hope to visit Texas next year. We want to take a couple of weeks and visit Dallas, San Antonio, Del Rio, and of course the Alamo. Maybe we should stop by and take home a few unwanted animals.... LOL.

Kriss , I Don't think Joy Ever Has an UNWANTED Animal :))
Patti : I Guess along with forgetting the Card I Guess I Forgot to add the CHOCOLATE BACON Guess i better go check my freezer :(

well time for me to get off here ya all have a great day

I am almost positive that I can find a stray goat,calf,lamb,duck,and chickens at her place. Lol

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

well if joy is sending animals, i hope she sends to me

Sorry guys, no animals this trip, Elfie, y'all need to stop by when y'all hit TX, but you won't find any chickens here. My livestock guardian dogs don't think chickens belong so they don't. I don't think Ralph would care to travel with a carload of animals. Especially ones not house broken. LOL.
Susie, where's my chocolate bacon? My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I will have bottle babies this spring for y'all to feed, just feel free to stop in.

Joy

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie,
Never heard of chocolate bacon. Don't worry about the card and the chocolate bacon. I think I made out pretty well . I forgot to mention the chcocolate balls you sent me are gone. A little elf ate them,and they were yummy. How do I know ,because the elf's belly told me so. That is my story,and I am sticking with it. LOL
Patti

Chocolate covered bacon is good!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Well, my apologies... Tried to post this yesterday. Got my message all written, hit send, and discovered that I had lost my internet connection! And since it was late, I just went to bed. So, I'll try again...
Elfie, sending a big hug your way! And my guide dog sends lots of tail wags, too!
Sounds like several boxes arrived with all kinds of neat treasures! What lovely surprises :)
Late Friday afternoon, I was just coming in from taking my dog out when the mailman rang the doorbell. And much to my excitement, I received a package from my secret Santa, Linda Kay (taters55)! Here's what I received:
A fabric angel ornament (with lacy wings, a beaded bow, and that has "hope" embroidered in gold on her dress).
A plastic canvas snowflake (which is white with green and white beeads that resemble holly leaves and holly berries).
A set of 4 quilted placemats with matching mug rug (these are actually reversible with cardinals among holly and evergreen boughs on one side and a gold on white scrollwork pattern on the other side).
A blue and white plastic canvas depicting a cherub with bird (that Linda made).
A clear Christmas tree candy jar filled with peppermint Hershey's Kisses (had to sample these to find out what kind they were!). and a nice Christmas card (our first of the season). Well, okay, it's the second if you count the card from the "Christmas in July" swap :)
I believe Linda has some pictures to share with you all for me, so stay tuned!
Thank you, Linda!
Michelle

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow taters...you got some great presents there...I just gotta say I love thee Red Nick Wine glasss....will have to see if I can locate one I know who would be perfect to receive (lol..son-in-law, they have the fancy type and would be a great joke)...lol.....Ooooh an ott light , spose to be great for growing house plants next to also....and oother goodies too, just love that Christmas fabric..too cute to cut tho...what are you going to do????? lol..Great job Jaye....

And elfie is naughty....got my share of the fudge....phooey..lol.

Yep CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON ITS THE BEST EVER :) Here I will share with you Now .
Wow Nice box Michelle LK Is ONE OF many Talented ladies :) I Got the Set of Xmas Mats & Coasters last year & I Still love them
they are in uses this year also :)

Is there going to be a NEW YEARS SWAP ????

well the Kids brought over a few movies for me so guess i better go watch them ya all have a great evening & will be back tomorrow to see PIC's :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

This is what I sent to Michelle. Glad everything arrived OK!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Great boxes you all are getting. Susie, you can send the bacon to me I love it. I can't seem to get any made around here, everyone eats the bacom before I can turn around and tell them not to eat it. rofl

I got so busy last night trying to get pressies done I for got to post the pics of the box I got from Joy, BTW yum!!!!! Thank you
I got a jar of caramel and a jar of candied jalapenos, She sewed me a beautiful heart out of vintage material, I love things like this and will have to hide it when my sisters come over. A handsome snowman and his pretty lady. The cutest Snowman ornament, Goat milk soap, yea. An empty bottle of wine. Not really, well yea no wine in it but it did have Christmas lights in it and is the perfect night light when all the Christmas lights go off. A very beautiful blue towel with Snoemen on it, a very lovely card did you make these? If so gorgeous work. Can't forget the acorns too. No critters though, I'm kinda glad about that, this is the first time in years I haven't had to get up and trudge outside in all kinds of weather to feed and water any.

Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Wanted to show you all one of the snowmen I sell

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Did someone say candies jalapenos???????? RAlph is drooling.LOL.

My sweet hubby is spending his birthday at the docs with me. I have to have a stress test. So this year his birthday is 12/12/12....

Wonderful boxes coming in. I cannot wait for my box to be received. And existed to be getting a box too. But I need to ask.. I see most items are handmade and I did not make anything. Did I mess up????

Ohhhh... Robin.. I like that. Nice work. I collect Snowmen.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

You're fine Kris, my box will have store bought items too.

Forgive me Joy, Thank you very much for all my gifts. I love it all.

I am so glad everything made it Robyn. I helped the card, but didn't make.the towel.. I have several of the snowmen from a class we did a year ago, I am glad that some of them have found a new home.

(Zone 7a)

Well I said I would be mailing tomorrow...forgive me if I don't. I have been slammed with Christmas orders (I sell stuff online). But I know this week is the mailing deadline. So I will get it out before Saturday... Andddd Priority mail will cost me $25.00 whooops! So I have to look at other mailing options like Parcel Post (which takes a little longer) or Priority Regional Rate.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Very nice Michelle and Robin. Robin, you better not let Susie see the goat's milk soap...lol Another pressie to hide. Are the Acorns as good as they look?
Thank you for taking pics ahead, LK. BTW we're enjoying the placemats you sent for Joy's Christmas in July swap. Michelle, it sounds like the reverse of ours might be from the same fabric. Love mine and the work that went into them.

The garland is strung around our entertainment center and so far we've received a whopping 4 Christmas cards...lol LK, yours is up there from July.

No worries, Elfie. All the gifts I'm ready to mail tomorrow are store bought. I like handmade items too but am not very crafty anymore. What a pretty snowman, Robin. I collect them too, along with Santas and Nutcrackers, and a lot of other things not necessarily for Christmas.

Kim, while you're at it, plug the info into UPS. A lot of times with oversize or heavier boxes, they're still more economical than USPS services, even Parcel Post which isn't much different than Priority Mail anymore.

If our neighbors don't find a way to keep their free range chickens from literally crossing the road, we're soon going to have roo stew and baked hens. There are two roosters, each with their own brood of maybe 5 hens, and the darn things have nearly destroyed the mulched bed of shady plants under our Cherry Tree while scratching for bugs and worms. I run out every time I see or hear them and shoo them back home, five times already this week and no telling how many times they've been here when I wasn't watching. One rooster just stands there looking at me and is the last to leave, so tame and he's a big beautiful black and white boy, a Barred Plymouth Rock I think. They were all so close Friday morning, their clucking work me up. Headline news: "Mad Woman Runs Out Barefoot in PJ's to Chase Fowl in Early Morning Fog."

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.