CLOSED: Let The Christmas Spirit Ring! REVEALS

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Oh, cool! There's a package in the mail! :) We'll all be watching our mail in anticipation...
Michelle

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Love the lights Robyn!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Love the cute pooches and all the beautiful decorations!

Spent yesterday in shorts and a T-shirt stringing outside lights. Crazy December weather here with another day pushing 70.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Love the pics and the lamb pie oh so cute.
Nite pics are really tough to take but yours are beautiful! Love the dog house ... Rofl too cute.
No wonder we have been quiet 1/2 of you have been lost... Lol
Still warm here but come Sunday or monday that s words are in the forecast ;(

Wow.. I want a lamb too!!!!!!!!!

Finished my shopping just need to put it all together and add some sweet stuff. I just may get my boxes out by Thursday!!!

I had a blast shopping and Ralph was very helpful too.

R is for red striped stockings.

Elfie glad you are feeling better and sounds like you had a great time shopping•

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Sounds like Elfie is doing better, glad to here you had a good day shopping.

No 's' stuff, I don't want to think about that.

Christ
Creche
coal
Hand bells
Snowglobe

You are probably far enough south that you wont get it but i probably will. Course that is a ways out in the forecast. I was really getting use to shopping for Christmas in 60 degree weather! Lol

I feel very good today, will be working on christmas presents and swaps after i get home from doc and library today.

Glad to hear your feeling better Kris!

My box is in the truck, going to the post office today.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

t is for taters fudge!

^_^

BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM FUDGE
24 oz milk chocolate chips ( 2 - 12 oz. pkgs.)
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
14 oz marshmallow cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 c bailey's Irish cream
4-1/2 c granulated sugar
12 oz evaporated milk
1/2 lb butter or margarine

Directions

1 In a very large bowl, combine the milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chips, marshmallow cream, vanilla,and Bailey's Irish Cream. Set aside.
2 Line a 10 x 15" baking pan with foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
3 In am medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Cook slowly and stir constantly for 10 minutes.
4 Pour the hot mixture into the bowl with the chips. Stir slowly by hand to combine. It is important to do this step by hand NOT with a mixer. Stir for approx. 2-3 minutes.
5 Pour fudge into greased pan and chill to set.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Buddy's box is supposed to be delivered today, keep your eyes peeled.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Sounds Great : LK

I JUST Wanted to mention That For everyone who Might be away from their Home when their Mail comes you should Maybe Ask your NEIGHBORS Or a friend to watch for the box or have it sent to your work place if you can . Or have a talk with your mail carrier about where to leave your box .
Just my 2 cents .

Someone said some jerks have been following the ups guys around and when they drop off packages and leave the jerks come back and take the packages.

I saw that on the news a few days ago. Pretty sad someone can be that low!

Linda.. I wonder if there is a way to make fudge with splenda?????

I have my box ready to mail tomorrow!! I am a very good Elf..haha!!!!!

http://www.splenda.com/cooking-baking/conversion-charts
Sure can, this site says same amounts of sugar for Splenda.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Splenda works great for fudge.

S - Secret Santa Splenda Fudge.

Would the person who received from Joy / rouxcrew please check in for your show-and-tell?!
First box to arrive I believe and several more are in the air.

We keep sugar in the pantry just for hummingbird feed. Splenda goes in everything else. Can't tell the difference.

S - Sugar Plums

I am so irritated. You pay extra money so you can track a package and verify that it made it to its destination and they haven't updated it since it left Houston the fourth. The tracking page says it would be delivered on the fifth but I truly have no idea where it is. I am so glad I didn't send cheese. Bah Humbug!

Joy

C - Candy acorns.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Sure hope your package shows up soon!

You'd think USPS would get a clue and upgrade their software to provide current tracking results like UPS and FedEx.

I'll take a dozen adorable candy Acorns ;-) Are the tops like tiny Vanilla Wafers?

C - cinnamon

Yep Fruity, it is one of those little crafty things. Mini Nilla wafers, mini choc chips, Hershey's kisses. Melt a few choc chips to use as glue. Glue the wafer to the kiss, then glue a mini chip to the center of the wafer for the stem.

C - Chocolate gravy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Oh, that's what a candy acorn is... was wondering if it was like a candy corn or those pumpkins made out of the same type of candy. But these even have chocolate! :)
Hmmm, perhaps I'm a hummingbird... I want the real sugar :)
Michelle

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I am a hummingbird,too! (well, a bit overgrown hummingbird) At least as far as sugar is concerned. The worst thing (maybe) that could happen to me is to be diabetic, and I have a lot of sympathy for anyone who is deprived of sugar.
Those acorns are adorable!!
I heard there were break-ins around here around Thanksgiving. We were broken in a couple of years ago. People asked me if it made me fearful. No, it made me grateful. Grateful that it was not worse than it was. Grateful we were not home. A TV is easily replaced. I was sorry to loose a 40+ year collection of costume jewelry, but my house was not wrecked, and it could have been sooo much worse in so many ways.
Today a group of friends (we call ourselves the Coffee Club) are coming over to visit.
I wish I could have coffee with all of you!
Merry Christmas!

Ok I know I have the flu but chocolate gravy wowzer that sounds really bad.....anyone had it?

Hope the package wasn't sent to me and DH has it in the garage or truck or who knows where.....always have to worry about things like that..rofl.

Got home last night and no lights on outside which I thought was odd, got to the front door and there was a Christmas tree, one of those soft needle real pine trees. My sweetie had went and gotten me a real tree.....I love real trees but gave up a few years ago because going to get it when I wanted became to big of a hassle plus I usually decorate really early (not this year cause of this stupid flu), sometimes he can surprise me to this day...rofl.

Think I am finally getting better....course I think that every morning and by evening I feel not so good. Last night I had a horrible headache, my head was so stopped up, I decided I wanted something hot you know like chinese mustard that makes your head open wide up. Well didn't have that so ate some pickled jalapenos and I felt soooo much better for a few hours.....

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

One time years ago I did make some chocolate gravy, but now do not remember much about how I did it. I rember being vaguely disappointed though. Maybe it is just too hard to beat a chocolate bar.

Chocolate gravy is kinda a cross between choc syrup and pudding in taste. It was a holiday breakfast treat for our biscuits. Make a butter roux, add milk sugar and cocoa powder, cooking till thickened. It is heavenly,. Made it when Evan and his girl came down last weekend. He decided (rightly so) that it was awesome with bacon. By lunch they were dipping cookies in it and drizzled it on a pound cake at supper.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Howdy y'all!

Had my first final Wednesday. We're supposed to get a cold front this weekend and it will be COLD. When they talk about the 's' word here, that is BAD NEWS. :(

I'm hoping to put most of my box together this weekend and mail in the next week. Not like the last swap!!!

And what makes it worse is that the high the day the front comes in will be 82. The low will be close to freezing.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Going from a high of 80 Sunday to low 50 Sunday night, and rain of course. No offense, but you guys up north can keep that "s" word stuff! Too cold for me:) Mailing my box Monday morning.

So sorry buddy. My package just came back online and it is not even in the right state! Geez, priority mailed on the 3rd, now it's the 7th and it isn't even there. It's not even close to Christmas yet. Sigh.

Go to the post office, and tell them it was not delivered on time, sometimes they give refund of the postage!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

mailed a box to fl. one time, sent it priority, it went to georgia and took 3 weeks to get to its destination in florida

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

got a big box full of goodies from my SS today. Thank you goldhillal / Crystal!

Attached some photos...
first photo is everything,
second photo is of a really neat wire/jewelled tree
third--a really pretty pendant
fourth--cute box filled with candy
fifth--streptocarpus, going to pot this and keep indoors this winter

more photos in next post.

This message was edited Dec 8, 2012 8:10 AM

Thumbnail by paula_p Thumbnail by paula_p Thumbnail by paula_p Thumbnail by paula_p Thumbnail by paula_p
Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

more photos:

birdhouse and gnome
mints (yum!)
walking iris plants, coneflower and money plant seeds
and another photo of all.

Thank you goldhillal / Crystal!

Thumbnail by paula_p Thumbnail by paula_p Thumbnail by paula_p Thumbnail by paula_p

Paula, those are wonderful gifts! Love that tree, and the ornament, and the birdfeeder... OH Heck, I love it all!

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I should have taken the pendant out of the box and got a better photo. It is really pretty:) The wire wrapped tree...what can I say? That is just too cute. Someone spent a lot of time shaping the wires (lots of spirals) and stringing the beads/jewels. Mr. Gnome, birdhouse, plants, seeds, and mints. Like it all! Now, if I can keep my son from eating all of the mints. May have to hide those.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Bought the tree at a craft show
Bought the glass pennant,
made the fairy box
made the mints, grew the Streptocarpus

So glad you like!
Merry Christmas!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.