CLOSED: Let The Christmas Spirit Ring! REVEALS

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Love Ed! Very pretty!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Waving to everyone! All you who are sick, get to feeling better real soon. ((Elfie!)) Know you're a good nurse, Robin. Your hubs surgery sounds painful but hope he'll find relief.

Ed is always a hoot decked out, Joy.

happ, wow another craft show. I'm so envious ya know. For the game, pick a letter in Christmas and come up with a word that could be a gift, something that could be mailed.

M - movie

We never miss 'It's a Wonderful Life'.
Anybody have a favorite movie? Doesn't have to be Christmas-themed.

Bridges of Madison county!
Favorite Christmas movie is It's a wonderful life!

LK, Bridges melts my heart every time. Brings to mind Out of Africa as well.

I had a friend give me the book years ago, and that is what made me decide to leave my last hubby. Then I had to see it when the movie game out! Great movie.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Funny how different people are because that movie I didn't like...rofl. One favorite Fried Green Tomatoes.....also a 1959 movie Imitation of Life with Sandra Dee, my older sister and I cry everytime we would see it. Oh Blue Hawaii, guess I have too many favorites....rofl.

A = apples in my stocking.

Chocolate covered cherries

T - talking doll

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM all been a crazy week but still around here :) I hope to have my box of Goodies out by WEDS .

New
I-IPOD

h - home and happiness

How fun deejay you will have a great time with that.

Morning all, everyone must be busy getting ready for the holiday which is what I should be doing...rofl. We have been so warm here, hard to believe it is December. Spent alot of yesterday trying to figure out medicare for my sister....geez so confusing and terrified of making a mistake, by afternoon my brain was fried and I started decorating I always play Christmas movies, found 12 dates of Christmas on netflex it was a pretty sweet movie.

Have a great day everyone.

If you all get time post some pics of your decorations, I love to see deocrations.

This message was edited Dec 2, 2012 8:45 AM

I made a wreath yesterday, I will get a picture and post it in a bit. We also bought our tree, will hopefully get that up this afternoon.

This is the wreath I made.

Thumbnail by taters55

So very pretty. LK.

beautiful LK, really like that. You are very talented. Are those real branches? Look real to me. I can almost smell it.

I don't have a decoration out except from what I got from the last swap. I am usually done by now, but we went to lunch with friends just got back and my dining room table is a mess, alot of Christmas presents are loaded on it and now I am trying to figure out what what I am giving. I buy all year long and sometimes by Christmas I end up with left overs for the following year....rofl.

65 degrees here so far....it is amazing.

Yes, it is real pine, I bought the pine wreath at wal mart for $5.00, then made the ribbon bows, pinecones, and little balls. Pretty easy to do.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's our front gate wreath, totally redid it this year it was very moth eaten according to Dave.

Love yours LK,

Joy

Ahh, yes, the magical invisible wreath. Name it on happy fingers.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Lovely wreaths. Mine are still really invisible, as is the swag for the mailbox.

Got a few goodies in my Bud's box, need more inspiration.

A - Aluminum tree

A. Is for Apple crisp.

C - cashews

Did you have a better day today, Elfie?

Happ, you reminded me about receiving fruits and nuts in my stockings. Mother used to squirrel nuts back from the Peanuts we grew that were parched by then and others from the fruitcakes she made and sold. We usually had lots of PEcans fresh from our trees unless it was an off year. Others like almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, and Brazil nuts were a splurge even if they were bought in bulk. Dad would order boxes of Indian River Citrus from Florida that our local schools brokered, probably their biggest fundraiser back in the day before you could order direct.

Rofl on the aluminum tree.
M - milk for santa
We always got fruit in our stockings I think back then fruit was expensive during the winter. We got yellow apples and hard Christmas candy.

This message was edited Dec 2, 2012 8:55 PM

R is for ribbon candy

Eight Indian River Navel Oranges I bought at Walmart last week were $6. That would probably have bought a whole case of Navels and another of Tangerines in the olden days...lol
You had an Aluminum Tree too? I still have the one I grew up with. All the limbs and branches are accounted for in their brown paper sleeves in the original box from Sears & Roebuck. At some point, Mom wrote "top" on one of the sleeves :) It was a must growing up to put that limb back in the proper sleeve so we wouldn't be fumbling for it the next Christmas. The color wheel still works but squeals a bit as it turns.

Anybody have their tree up yet or other decorations besides Mr. Ed and the two wreaths?

S - Suzy Bake Oven

Love that wreath Joy, colors are beautiful!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Favorite movies: It's a Wonderful Life, Sound of Music, and Incredible Journey.
s - Santa Claus - If it needs to be something that can be mailed, it's a Santa Claus decoration :)
Michelle

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
This Sunday was the first day of Advent. The gold candle represents the prophets. Each Sunday, we'll light a new candle.
Michelle

Thumbnail by GardenQuail

Morning to all, We are in the car on the way to Columbus, Ha. Ralph has a meeting so I am going to visit with Sarah and wash clothes. On the way back he is taking me shopping in Auburn, Al. So excited to be out today.

Fruit been having a couple of good days this week, turns out I was allergic to the meds, so that was,, uhh, uncomfortable...lol.

Going to Hobby Lobby get all the stuff for my swaps and then home to make stockings and pack stuff to be mailed on Friday.

Thanks LK, I was looking at wreaths after Dave made fun of mine but to get a big one with stuff on it would have been almost $200. So I went to Hobby Lobby, looked at their stuff and came out spending ~$50. Just took all the old stuff off. Red, green and gold are my favorite mix ups for Christmas.

We have our tree up as well, it is always fun since many of my ornaments are antiques from my childhood and it is a trip through time each time I unwrap the tissue paper. Evan's girlfriend helped me this year, her mom's tree was always one color, one type and usually flocked. She was fascinated with all the different ornaments I have.

Remember the colored trees? I remember a neighbor that had one of those aluminum trees when I was a child and how I thought the changing colors was amazing. We always had a real tree till we moved to TX and my parents complained how dry and old they were. Just about killed my dad to buy that artificial tree.

We also used to go downtown to see the store front displays. It was a big deal.

OH Yes The OLD SUZY BAKE OVEN Would have been the best christmas ever if I had been able to us it , as it turned out I ended up playing with my BROTHER JIM"S New Barn While he Baked the cookies & cakes & ate them Not even a bite for me .
very sad time of a christmas & I still remind my brother of this .

C- COMFY SLIPPERS

Lots of memories for Christmas time. Years ago, it was my Dads job to get the lights working and strung, while Mom made popcorn to string, or we made paper chains for the tree. Once the tree was decorated, it was Moms job to put the angel on the top, and it was finished!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful wreaths you all have, I finally threw mine away last year. They were so ragged. I guess I need to make a new one.

I - Ice cream with crushed peppermint candy on top. or
S - Snow Ice cream

Here are my monsters

left to right Evie, the new pup, Pebbles and Cowboy. And my tree.

Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest

OMG aren't those guys are just the cutest things.....look at those ears just paying so much attention to you. Love the little fuz ball on the other side, bet he is sooo soft. What a team you have there. Lots of help?

Wow our trees look really similiar, I have all kinds of home made ornaments, ones my neices and nephews made for me thru the years and ones my Mom made us every year. My older sister took on that responsibility after Mom passed away but now she can't do it any more. Guess I ought to try and do it and keep the tradition going. I use to paint ornaments for my necies and nephews every year and date them and they always wanted to put them on the tree by year. Made my sister wacko...rofl.

Fruity those original trees are very expensive now, people want them...rofl. Some of the young workers here had never seen one, so one Christmas I bought them all one from dollar general for their desk...rofl.

Still really warm here.

Love those fur babies! And that tree is beautiful!

Ok buddy, my package went out today. I am so happy that I got it accomplished. We are in the middle of our fall lambing and I stay busy every day. Just had to pull a large lamb today after I got home from the PO so I am glad I got it done.

Fortunately, the weather is fabulous with the high today 82. Don't hate. LOL

Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew

AWW I Want a baby Lamb :))) So cute ,
CHRISMAS LAMB In My Stocking Please :) hehe

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

That's a real cutie you got there Joy. Such a sweet thing.

It seems that every year I always have ornaments left over after the last craft show of the year, which was Saturday, so I will be adding to the tree. If the monsters don't behave here real soon they just might be hanging in their stockings. lol I have a wiggle butt trying to get my attention again to go outside. She loves it when it's warm out. Hit 70 again today. love it.

I always hated that aluminum tree and the color wheel behind it. I felt like we were cheated out of all the good stuff, for some reason it never felt like Christmas.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Hey all. I lost you!! I had been busy and when I got back, everyone had left. I was still back on the closed page.
Elfie, did not know you were sick get well quick!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Just tried to take a couple of pics outside, they aren't very good but I tried.

This is the giant doghouse out front and the porch from down below I couldn't get a very clear pic from far away of the whole house.

Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest
Blackshear, GA

I got lost too! Somehow I missed the REVEAL thread! Nice pictures everyone. I will try to get mine out in the next day or two.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful wreath ladies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.