Swapping & Chatting Ric & Holly's Swap

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hahaha, yes for sure and now that I just listed my haves, I now went through all the lists and have some more NEEDS. Ummm... I mean wants. Please and thank you I also will check with my friend who is coming and see what she has to add to our HAVES. She would like a burning bush if anyone has one.

Holly: could I please add some poles, sweet cream marigold, lemon balm and black pussy willow

Coleup: if you have any alocasia or colocasia, or banana left, cinnamon fern, and white bleeding heart

Critter: crooked willow, KC spearmint, and Hillary's sweet lemon mint

Sally: A native redbud, sedum blue spruce, a white lilac if available and kerria

Ecnalg: campanula Elizabeth

RosesRRed: Verbascum southern charm

Ssgardener: sedum John Creech

Donnerville: coneflower, Oenothera tetragona, red amaranth

Ruby: rose campion

Kubileya: zinnia, cinnamon fern, love lies bleeding

Aspen hill: cimicifuga

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, ma'am, Critter.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ma'am? Oh, please. I have a couple of cuttings of the crooked willow that I took in March, and they're starting to sprout out, so I think I've got you covered there.

RRR, coral honeysuckle cuttings are looking good, also!

Looks like I might have some butterfly bush babies, too... cuttings from 'Black Knight', 'Pink Delight' and (I think) 'Royal Red' all are still green.. 'Black Knight' are big cuttings, the others are tip cuttings.

I just yanked out a ton of 'Hot & Spicy' greek oregano... will pot it up in a bit... no problem having enough to go around, and it's a different flavor than Sally's greek oregano, so you'll need both!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee, thought you would get a charge out of that.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Jan23, we'll put your name on a couple of the Elizabeths.

Terri, please, please could we have a Cimicifuga and the other baptisia if it is not spoken for. I only saw one request for that, but might have missed one. I remember how beautiful they were when you hosted the swap.

Jill, you are first in line for the Crepe Myrtle plants. We do have a bit more sun now, but Greenthumb says it is not enough to get good growth or blooms from it. The mama plant is soooo tall, trying to get to the sun. I love them, but don't want to take out more of our woods.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Ecnalg, thank you . Was there more than one c. Myrtle? If so, could I add that to my list, too?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Jan23, we could fill the back of the SUV with burning bush plants. I'm sure I can find some that Greenthumb has not pulled up that are a good size. Under the mother plant, there is an entire forest of seedlings. I'll put your name on the smaller Crepe Myrtle.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thank you dear for the cm. LOL, I don't think my friend wants a whole vehicle full, maybe just one or two.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Not to worry, we won't bring her that many, Jan23. I was just trying to reassure you that we had some to spare and also hint that it is a wee bit invasive.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yep, I seem to remember as DG article "Don't be burned by burning bush".. catchy title... LOL... let me look for a link... http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3082/

Jan, your friend really might be better off looking for an alternative (Carrie listed a few possibilities in the article).

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Hm, I put my request for Jan's plants on the wrong thread but DG isn't letting me edit right now. Sorry about that folks! I'll delete the other one as soon as DG lets me.

Jan, I'd like an oakleaf hydrangea and a carex please.

I hope I'm not being too greedy by asking for both hakone divisions! :-)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee, that's why the bb isn't on my list. I'll make suggestions to my friend. Thanks for the link.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Ssgardener, okay, got you covered.

I'll wait til later to edit the other thread.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Jan23, I won't dig any for a bit. No problem either way. May I please have a NOID oak leaf hydrangea and a Siberian iris?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

SSG, I dunno, we may have to tussle over that second hakone grass division... I asked firstand on the right thread! ROFL!!

oregano is all potted up! whew! I'm glad I'm getting some of this dividing and potting done earlier this year.. the starts will have a chance to fill their pots with roots. :-) I potted up a few Kentucky Colonel Spearmint clumps yesterday... the very best for mohitos (and mint juleps of course).

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Gee, step away from the computer for a couple hours and all sorts of trading takes place.

Jan23 pretty please, siberian iris, oak leaf hydrangea and lilac.

Yes, your name will go on an elephant ear, and what I am almost certain is a white bleeding heart (Can't wait for greenthumb and Pat's 'Candy Hearts' to start dropping seeds!) but the fern I have is Ostrich fern, not cinnamon. Still want one? LMK

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Boy did this thread get long.
Here is part II for you to keep your Chatting and Swapping going.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1252928/

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Gosh, where are you all getting all these plants you're planning on sharing? Gita, do you start plants under lights to have all those starts this time of the year? I started yesterday looking around for plants that I can pot up and bring along..Hope I can keep them alive till 5/19! I have hardly anything compared to what you all are bringing. I will have plenty of pink creeping phlox that will need dividing and they are just about finished blooming now and starting to look shabby. and faded out. They have been show stoppers this year.

I feel like I don't have much to offer compared to what you are sharing. My growing space is limited. DH is fussing because I am trying to grow in 4 in. nursery pots and says I'm junking up the place and if somebody reports us, he'll throw it all in the trash..My answer to that is "Try it and you'll end up with a black eye and a broken arm!"

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Holly, I would love more of the Sweet Cream Marigolds that I got from you last year. Love that pale cream color!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Pippi, Terri, better go to the next thread so we don't all get seperated. See Holly's post just above yours.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Got you Roses,

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Sally, if you still have your White Lilac available, I would like to add it to my lilac collection. Thanks so much. Teri

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Asking a favor to all. Please Dmail me for your wants. It's a lot easier to include them on my promised list than looking through all the posts. Thanks a lot. Judy
p.s. Stay cool
p.s. My hardy Passionflowers are beginning to break ground. This is TOTALLY unusual where I live. Mine don't come up til end of June beginning of July, and I feel we are going to have an early winter but I am praying for not. I am trying to root some and if more comes up, I'll try to root them. Here's a pix.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer Thumbnail by Buttoneer
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

we're on #3 already you may want to post your request again there so everyone sees it
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255638/

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Well, the car is loaded up with chairs, a table, an umbrella, plants, and tomorrow, the piece de resistance, the Cream Cheese squares. Holly, I plan to stop at that little flea market on the way to your house, if it's open on Saturday, I also plan to stop at the Master Gardener plant sale at Claremont Road in Carlisle. Plants plants plants. Jeez, I hope I never get tired of them. Who, me? BCNU tomorrow and looking forward to it. Judy & Bob Showers.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes it will be open. It's a nice little place.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.