finally a couple Blooms in the Basement

Hamilton, OH

Charleen
just Beautiful, I have never seen any like that, I can't wait to see your Serendipity, we are getting colder also, I am so glad, my Brugs are in the House
BTW it's great to hear from you

Hugs
Elizabeth

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Honey, I'll try to do better.
Love you all. I'll save you seeds, I'm hoping I'll have some....
Charleen

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Higes are beautiful.. I grew several last year and years past.. this summer, tho... none of the seeds I planted came up.

Oh, I was just wondering about the palms, I do not grow them, but my DD does, she has inherited a very old collection from her great grandfather.
my red hige, red yarrow , yellow african marigold, and more

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Hamilton, OH

Debra
look at all your Beauty's, Love it, I went yesterday got Roger another Palm for the other side of the couch, it makes the living room look
very Tropical, poor guy, today I put him to work, putting insulation over the crawl space opening.
here is what else is Blooming.
Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49

Pretty, all of them....

i will take one of each please , LOL
and for desert.. hmmmm ( they look so good as eyecandy)

Hamilton, OH

Debra
Thank you, I love to put some Blooms in a vase.

Charleen
Thank you

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Ladies, are any of you, as busy as I am right now? I have a couple things Blooming, I will post them later, have a Great Day
it's almost like Summer out today, I love it, I have Leaves to rake

Elizabeth

I was outside all day on Sunday. got a weeks worth of work done ..

Hamilton, OH

Debra
it sure makes a difference, when we can get things done, Today I have 2 large Evergreens, planted, also before the week is out, I have Figs
to plant.

Elizabeth

Versa peach, girls.
this has 2 double blooms and 2 single blooms, amazing plant.....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Hamilton, OH

Charleen
that is so very Pretty, amazing is right, I have Birgit on the way, small one, so it will be next Summer before it's big
enough to Bloom, Brugs are amazing, I now have the Desert theme going on in my yard

Elizabeth

nice, charleen!

The Versa Peach I was showing, I got a close up of the double and the single, both are so beautiful...
I also have a white one, Noid, but a nice sized bloom. I have some of my brugs planted into old tires....
1. single VP
2. photo of VP
3. White noid
4. Brugs plant in tires
4. Double VP

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Hamilton, OH

Charleen
Just Beautiful, all of them, Talk about Recycling, Great idea, I am so Glad to see you have Blooms
I hope your nice weather continues. I love seeing your Photo's.
wait until you see my Desert Theme, you won't believe it's the same yard

hugs
Elizabeth

my yard is littered with yellow leaves.. everywhere. It looks so bare. question for charleen.. do CPs winter over outside?

I have yet to see my PV bloom. maybe next year. My thumb has lost it's greeness and turned dry, like the rest of this state..

Debra, what is a CP??? Sometimes I can't remember crap!!!! Must be today!!! Carnivorous plants??
They do down here girl but I don't know about Kansas. You could experiment. Leave one out side and bring some inside. for Backup in case it doesn't....

Hamilton, OH

I have some more photo's of what's Blooming, also my timer, when I am really trying to get things done, it works, you done have to sit it forward in
the Spring or Back in the fall, which should be soon

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49

very nice... my timers are all set as if the sun rises and sets across the yard east to west.. since all the plants in all the rooms are in the same direction, I thought it would make them happy. and, it does. a few off towards evening and then the last go off and they rest up. Pretty color on that brug there..

I went out and yesterday we got the potted brugs into little greenhouse. Brought some cuttings in and have them trimmed now. So no jungle look, too much but still have lots of plants inside.
Beautiful blooms.
Charleen

Hamilton, OH

Charleen
Thank you, I just have the one Blooming now, I have a lot of Cuttings in water, I have a Aquarium Pump, to keep
the Clippings from rotting

Elizabeth

I still need to get some MOnster but haven't yet. It has been very windy and cold here. (cold to me)

Hamilton, OH

Charleen
Girl, you wouldn't like our weather at all, when it's 45 degrees, it feels warm if the sun is out, but windy & cloudy it's cold
it looks like we will have a warm up this weekend, it's a good thing, I still have some plants that need to go in the ground
some hens & chicks, I am doing a rock garden. I'll post Pic's as soon as I get it done, have a great Evening, stay warm

Hugs
Elizabeth

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, I just got some bulbs today, do you think it's too late to plant?

I am planting bulbs until Thanksgiving ,Roxanne..
got up to 71 here today, almost summer! LOL

Think of October as Bulb planting month. When I live in Missouri, I loved planting bulbs on my Birthday (Oct. 1) Had a day off so that is how I spent it.

Hamilton, OH

Everyone is correct about the Bulbs, as long as the ground isn't frozen, you can plant Bulbs
Debra, I know you're still Busy, as all of us are, I have a Love Hate relationship with this weather, I love the Color's of the Leaves
Turning, but the Cold, I sure don't like that.
Charleen, are you still having nice weather? my oldest GS Lives in Ga.

Elizabeth

It isn't bad, Elizabeth. The wind has finally slowed down a bit. Been 4 days of windy weather. Made the cool temps feel even cooler....
The leaves down here have been beautiful too.
Charleen

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone!

Hamilton, OH

Charleen
I hope you had a really nice day, today, it wasn't bad weather wise, here, I know it was warmer there, going on a road trip
tomorrow, to visit a Friend, I always look forward to that, she's more like a little Sister, than just a Friend, I'll check back in
when I am Home, Have a Great Evening.

Elizabeth

take care, Elizabth we will wait anxiously for your return

Great, Elizabeth, you enjoy your visit.
Hugs Debra.
charleen

Hamilton, OH

Good Morning
I had a Great time, visiting, as always, I love to go Visit, we exchanged Christmas Gifts, I always like to have everyone
Taken care Before Thanksgiving, so I have $ to shop on Black Friday.
anyway, I got back home, then went to the Breeder's Cup on Saturday, I won on the last Race, so it was a
Great Weekend. have a Great Day

Hugs
Elizabeth

Blooming in greenhouse
Blooming in house
Strawberries and cream with seed pods.
Still out in yard Monster and One of Geo. Hilders Brugs. Can't remember name. It for his Grand daughter, Autumn's Glow may be it!

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Brownstown, IN

Nice pictures Charlene, love the yellow blooming brug it`s such a pretty color!

Karen

beautiful, char.
Elizabeth, so glad you had a great time!

Thank you all.

Hamilton, OH

Charleen
that is a Beautiful sight, esp. the yellow one
Karen
Good to see you
Debra
Thank you
is everyone else, working in the Yard while it's Beautiful out? I have almost got all the Leaves up, I bag them
up, then use them for insulation against the foundation of the Kitchen, well have a Great Evening

Elizabeth

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

I still haven't taken cuttings of my brugs, no frost yet. Any tips for how to do? And how to store cuttings, d I go ahead and pot them?

A good sharp pair of shear. I also keep the large lopers. those Brugs are tough...
The rest I'll let Elizabeth tell you about.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.