Thanksgiving Swap Chat and Reveal

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

When I saw the bib I knew I had to get it for you. I too am a messy cook, DH says when I get out the flour it is like there was an explosion in the kitchen...rofl. I hope it is made properly, since I have not seen it but ordered from the internet, hopefully better than something made in China, least I think it was made by Dianne.....hummm?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I am envious of those FQs, Mittsy!!
Joyce has certainly made this a post Thanksgiving pre Christmas surprise special for you.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I had DH take a picture of me in my lovely new apron. Isn't it darling?

Thumbnail by mittsy

Here's a close up of the bib top. It is very, very nicely made. All the edges are serged and the fabric is very nice quality. Thank you so much!

Thumbnail by mittsy

I wanted to wait and send to Mittsy when she was settled down south, so this is the gifts that just keep on coming, especially if you are a little nuts and leave things out of a box and have boxes mailed by others...

Oh Mittsy, looks like you are ready to start those Christmas cookies!
I am so glad it is well made and made by a real seamstress, you never know when buying off the internet. Hindsite I should of had her mail it to me and then I could of forgot to put it in the box...rofl...just kidding.
I tried really hard to make it a made in America Thanksgiving box, came close... ;)
rofl.....an apron a luncheon full of fancy aprons, how fun!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Hey all ... Here is the link to a new swap I am hosting for January. (I'm having some help from some of the best hostess' in it!) It is the Sock, Sniff and Sip swap. Please check it out and share it with other threads you visit if you want to. Thanks!

Crit

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233609/

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Mitsy, I LOVE that apron. awsome! ARE you really going to make 680 placemats? good grief! joyce, you rock!

Here's the link to the ongoing saga of the Meals on Wheels placemats. Yes we are going to make 680!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1149567/

Another Thanksgiving box arrived. This one has a lovely hand made in America potholder. It's strip pieced and quilted and coordinates with the ruffle on the apron. Also enclosed are two dish towels. Joyce you are so thoughtful, I just want you to know how much I appreciate the effort you put into my box(es). The fact that you ordered from American crafters really touches my heart as that is how my sister Mary makes her living. God bless you. Here's a picture of the group showing the matchung fabric trim on the apron and potholder.

Thumbnail by mittsy

This is a close up of the potholder

Thumbnail by mittsy

And you really chose well when you picked this print, because, among other things, I cat sit when my friends travel or have an emergency. Thanks again, I am overwhelmed at your generousity.

Here's a close up of that kitty print.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Mittsy you deserve that and so much more. You do so many nice things for so many people. Most probably don't get to thank you in person, so from an outsider looking in, "Thank you for all you do."

I didn't think you had cats but it had sewing and the bib just cracked me up. Course I thought the cat print was pretty funny.
I bought a potholder similar to yours for myself at the craft show and got one for my sister with Betty Boop on it (her entire kitchen is Boop). I thought they were a great way to use scraps of material and seem to be really well made.

Mittsy, I think you should write a bit to be put on DG about made in America (crafters). You know those little side bars that pop-up on the home page.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

second that happ she is a very INTERESTING,& DESERVING LADY :) off to get my day started happy holidays

Thank you for the kind words but I see myself as the enabler, rather than the doer. I do "see" things that could be done and believe that I can motivate others to do it. I believe (with the help of God) all things are possible. I learned this as a child from my maternal grandmother. I hope she would be proud of me as the adult she inspired me to be.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

you are Blessed :)

Amen to that.. Mittsy .. so much talent and such a wonderful heart of gold..

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Mittsy, you are a beautiful lady, inside and out.

Actually I think you ALL are and know I'm blessed having you in my life!

Jaybird, just for you.....Elsa Spaeth bloomed again this month. What a surprise and a treat with Winter knocking on our doors. Sure did brighten my day seeing her pretty blooms again, and thinking of you :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope it was a great day for each of you.

Hope everyone is having the Christmas they hoped for.

Just popping in to say HI to everyone!

Waving back! ((((((((((((

I had the Christmas I had hoped for and looking forward to my sister this weekend and my Joe is doing aok after his heart cath showed no blockage.. Hooray!

Wonderful news, Debra.

Oh Debra, you sure got the best Christmas present with Joe and his cath, congratulations.
So glad you are getting to spend time with your Sis.

Early HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear Joe is doing well, and no blockages were found!

Happy New Year everyone!

I am truly blessed to have all of you and all of mine in my life. Thank you for all the friendships.
Happy New Year. Fryuity, begonias you sent all have leaves, and "polly" have 4 leaves now, and coleus starts are growing. Thanks! My peace lilly and aloe are still doing fine. Love them. All the things you all have sent me are the things I look forward to coming home too everynight after work..

Hearing that makes my day, Debra :)

Mittsy, what's the finish line for the hundreds of placemats? I can't imagine such an endeavor and hope your sewing buddies are helping.

We are working on the next batch, have quite a few I need to photograph so I can post. The interior flourescent lighting doesn't capture the colors very well so I try to get the sunlight for photographing them. I have a pickup date from Rocket Quilter's on the13th. So cold (42) and windy today I don't think I'll be leaving the sewing room unless I have to! Way too cold to walk on the beach today.

I hadn't heard yours and Joes good news. Praise God for that. So happy for you.

My poor little polly pup doesn't seem to be surviving. The leaf that was on it dried up and I see no signs of it putting up any more. :-( Continuing to watch. I need to go water the plants in the game room.

Just slipping in a quick reminder that sign ups are being taken for the Sock, Sniff and Sip swap until Jan. 15. Mailouts will be by January 31st. Here is the link if you are interested.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233609/#new

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I have to get in on this mittsy group hug!!! :) love ya mittsy, my garden and any knowledge i have of it is thanks to you, your heart and genereosity are tops. I hope to be just like you.

Evening everyone!

Crit, go easy watering Polly. Unlike some EE's, she prefers dry feet. Your pup might also be going dormant. Last year I lost the nice pot I had by over watering and was lucky to find a replacement last Spring at a local nursery. Yours and Debra's pups both came from the new batch.

You must be both relieved and excited that tomorrow's pick-up day, Mittsy. Whether it's low light or natural light, I'd love to see pics of the finished place mats. And I applaud you and your group for your hard work helping out such a worthy cause.

My Thursday group came through with yet more placemats and I'll probably pick up more from the Rocket Quilters. A very dear friend passed away on Monday after a long battle with cancer. I am having trouble staying focused and will take pictures and post as soon as I can.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((mittsy))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Prayers to the family and thoughts to you.

Thanks Fruity......will keep that in mind. I have kinda ignored it so maybe I have been doing it a favor. ^_^ I will keep watch on it for sprouts later on.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sorry to hear that Mittsy! Sending you ((((HUGS)))) as well!

Mitsy ((( hugs)))

Patti, mine was dormant ( polly) it is awake more than ever now..

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.