Thanksgiving Swap Chat and Reveal

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Also in the box was these statues of a PILGRAM & WIFE Love these :)
OOP"S POT PADS ARE IN THIS PHOTO :) ALONG WITH
SET OF TURKEY SALT & PEPPER SHAKERS WITCH I WILL USE
THERE WAS ALSO YANKEE AUTUMN PUMPKIN SCENTED CANDLES EVEN THOU I CANNOT BURN THEM i CAN USE THEM FOR LOOKS ON MY BUFFET :) OR WINDOW SILLS :) THANK YOU FOR ALL OF MY GOODIES :)
oH BUT NOT DONE YET ONE MORE TO POST BEFORE I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE HOUSE TO HELP MY BROTHER WITH DADDY BACK IN A JIFF

Thumbnail by deejay9

SORRY IT IS STARTING TO GET DARK & MY CAMERA HAS NO FLASH debbie i love it all & it goes great here in my new little house :) Here is the great windchime & Its going to hang right outside my door :) thank you debbie for sharing with me lov lov it all :)

thank you julie for hosting a very nich swap

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone...DG Sistahs!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thank you Jaye, hope you all have a great Thanksgiving Day!

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy thanksgiving, everyone! So sorry I have been a bad hostess. Just too much going on! I love you all and hope your day was filled with blessings. I need to get to bed. My flight to NC leaves at 6 am in the morning. Love you all, Julieanne

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Hope everyone is well and everything comes out OK on Joe's tests.

We have our Tday dinner tomorrow at sil's house. I spent yesterday baking to take. Homemeade rolls, cinnamon rolls, dressing, homemade noodles, pumpkin-cream cheese bread and some other stuff. I can't wait!!! I'm drooling for turkey with the noodles beside them. YUM

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

We're arrived in Fl. Had a wonderful thanksgiving with the family.

Glad to hear you had a safe trip, and a great time with the family!

Ocean Springs, MS

I am traveling right now. Here is a pic of my goodies from jaye!

Thumbnail by froggies_girl
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Julie, did the Scarecrow centerpiece and the dessert booklet make it?
Seriously, I pray that the centerpiece didn't fall apart :( If it did.. sorry.. I'm not good at crafts that requires a glue gun or pins.

I'm sure you're familiar with the seasonings being you live close to Cajun country ;D
You could use that Cajun Injector for hams too.

Have a safe and happy travel, Julie.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Mittsy! And many more. Hope you enjoyed your day and spent it doing something you love.

Pass me one of your cinnamon rolls, Patti...yum!

HOPE YOUR DAY IS SPECIAL MITTSY

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

happy birthday to you mittsy! hope it was GRAND!

Thumbnail by joeswife

It was, and today I discovered a tiny blue morning glory among my weeds. (I'm in Cocoa Beach) for the winter. My spotted cannas are just lovely so I'm digging and sharing with the Night Bloomers garden club tonight.

Thumbnail by mittsy

The Baby Sun Rose is trying to escape my garden. Cuttings anyone?

Thumbnail by mittsy

Close up of the flower. Very nice for a hanging basket.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Mittsy, if you send cuttings how do we keep them till spring time?

Root them in water in a window or near a bright light then pot them up and enjoy in the house until all danger of frost is gone, then enjoy outdoors.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Ahhhh, only problem here is night time temps are in the teens, probably wouldn't make the trip up to us snow birds..... ;)
Wish I was down there with you!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I'm so excited my first brug is about to bloom it's first bloom. I think it is a NOID pink. It has short tendrils and has put out the flower part. Now I am just waiting for it to. I started a bunch from cuttings last winter. Lost 5 or so of them in our grueling heat this summer. This one had 5 buds on it and lost all of them but one. Hoping the others bloom for me next summer.

Yes Fruity ..... the cinnamon rolls WERE quite tasty, if I do say so myself. ^_^

Well, I was so sure that my box would arrive by my birthday! Bummer! Guess it will be an early Christmas box. Sure hope it wasn't lost in transit somewhere.

Mittsy you still have not received ??? Oh Lets Hope it makes it for your Xmas MEAL :) what is a baby sun rose ??? are the cuttings easy to root ?? Has it any seeds ??? love to try some seeds , not sure a cutting would make it up here in the cold . it is turning much colder these days .
I Have the MAN IN THE MOON Shining Into my West window this eve Just smiling down at me :) So Cool :)
well off to watch the world NEWS :)
susie

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

the man in the moon was smiling at me too! I got to hold a 9 lb three month old baby boy named Jude tonight, so sweet, gee, I am so proud of his momma an unwed young g/f of my college girl..
Poor Joe was sick all night long poor guy, he is on the mend tho and will try to go back to work tommorrow, he had the FLU for sure.. sheesh!

Love that baby sun rose, Mittsy.. looks like a great trailing plant for a head planter. I think I might try to make a head planter this winter while waiting for Spring.

Baby Sun Rose......That's the name of the plant.

Is there anyone else that has not received their box?

I received a box from Joyce yesterday, she knows I am a quilter so it has a lovely toddler airplane quilt pattern and some fat quarters. I will take a picture when it gets light outside. A Harvest entrance rug, cute scarecrow and decorated garden spade. Thank you Joyce.

KNEW you was a SNOWBIRD & Now your an early bird , & Sounds as If you Got a BOUNTYFUL Box Just in time For xmas Gifts :)
will keep watch for those pic's :)
susie

mittsy, there is another box coming your way, thought they would hit at the same time and last night I found something I forgot to put in so another small package is on it's way....hope the bigger package arrives today. Since you were in transit I chose to wait until you got to Florida so you could enjoy it this year.

Mittsy, this is the message I got back from your second box.
"Hi Joyce,
It was mailed Dec 7th so she should receive it in 3-4 working postal days from that day. It was sent as first class mail so it certainly should be there any day.
Let me know.
Dianne"

So let me know Mittsy. Your other box with the stuff I forgot was suppose to be mailed out today since I have been sick, got to the post office to find out it now is open from 8:30 to 10:30, course I was there at 11! It will go out on Monday, I am so sorry. Geehz!

JOYCE Don't ya just love it when we try to do something & Something else messes us up :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Girls, I am so sorry that I have been MIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so hard for me to get an internet connection when I am traveling. I left Nov. 25 and did not get home until yesterday. North Carolina, Deleware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. A wonderful trip but I was so ready to get home.

Jaye, the centerpiece and cookbook made it just fine. Sorry they weren't in the picture, but I had already put out the centerpiece and was reading the cookbook and left it in my bedroom.

I hope that everyone had received their boxes. I am so sorry that I was unable to answer dmails or post while I was gone. I tried getting a connection, but no luck. And it seemed like every house I visited had a secure Internet connection and no one could remember their passwords! LOL

Hope everyone is gearing up for a beautiful and blessed Christmas. I know I still have some shopping to do!
Love to all, Julieanne

It's picture time! My goodies! This shows the quilt magazine with the airplane quilt pattern.

Thumbnail by mittsy

This is the second picture, a close up of the fabrics (fat quarters) and pattern.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Ocean Springs, MS

Absolutely beautiful, Mittsy! So glad you love it! The fabrics are awesome! Can't wait to see what else you get!

love, julieanne

This is the last picture. It's of the Harvest rug, scarecrow garden decoration and autumn spade. Aren't they neat? I'm all set for fall for next year! Thank you so much Joyce. I think I will incorporate the scarecrow into a lovely straw wreath with autumn leaves that I plan on making for the condo entrance door to our unit. The autumn fabric will be used to make placemats as we have committed to making 680 for our Meals on Wheels. This covers the entire Brevard county. I've been posting picture on the sewing and quilting forum.

A glitch of some sort, internet has been going off and on all morning. Going to try again for picture number three.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, how nice! Yes, you will be ready next fall!

Beautiful decorations Mittsy! Love the fabric and airplane pattern too!

Mittsy, glad you like the stuff so far, this maybe the Thanksgiving for you that keeps giving into the New Year at the rate it is going...rofl.

OMG, 680 placemats, heavens! Hope you have lots of little elves to help you. When are they suppose to be done? I will have to check out the quilt site cause I would love to see them. We had our master gardener Christmas party last night and one of the woman is taking quilting lessons here in the little town where I live. I took lessons one year and we did one sampler quilt queen size all hand done, rofl, now I won't use it because we have animals, someday I am sure it will go on the bed...rofl, maybe.

I love aprons, and wear them when I cook and bake. They are the cobbler type for maximum coverage protection. Needless to say I am a messy cook. I am now the proud owner of a lovely fabulous dressy apron. I do believe I shall have to host a luncheon where all the ladies come wearing an apron. I will have my dh take a picture of me wearing it. Thank you so very much Joyce. It is adorable! I love it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.