Thanksgiving Swap Chat and Reveal

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Went to my DDIL and DS's house and they have tons of tricker treaters, and it is sooooooooooooooooo much fun.
First I will show some halloween pics then from my box and my box is soooooooooooooooooooo great!

This is a ghost, he was on sheet rock stilts and must of been 10 feet tall, it was so great. He scared lots of preteen girls, lots of screams and laughs. He could almost run in those things, he was a hit all night up and down the streets.

Thumbnail by happgarden

Here is he walking around....so funny.
The streets were just covered in kids and parents all dressed up, I just love going out there.

Thumbnail by happgarden

I got the best box from this swap from Linda Kay, everything arrived in great shape and amazing wrapping.
I took down the halloween decorations and had everything in the box ready for Thanksgiving decorating, thank you so much, I couldn't have decorated anything this nicely!

Her note says she made the placemats and they are revesible, look closely and you can see that, they are so beautiful. Wish I could do something half that good, they are just beautiful! I couldn't have picked out anything any more perfect if I had spent hours looking.

Then there are 2-towels, 2-potholders, 5-gourds, 1-beautiful pumpkin made with wire and branches, 2-packages of small plates, 2-packages of large plates, 2-packages of napkins, 1-box of pumpkin pie bar, 1-box of apple cider mix, a thanksgiving recipe card book from tast of home, a magazine cooking with Paula, taste of home hearwarming soups.....amazing. I read those last night going to DGD's.

Thumbnail by happgarden

Another picture

Thumbnail by happgarden

Another pic, the sun is shining so things are a little light looking but everything is beautiful, thank you sooooooooooo much!

Thumbnail by happgarden
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

oh how pretty those are just beauty ful happ your going to have the nest looking table in your town :) anyway :)
well daddy needs help back later

My house just looks so Thanksgivingy...rofl. ;) I am a happy girl.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

So glad everything made the shipping process! Hope you can use it for your feast?

OMG, it is the major major part of the feast, I have a complete table and kitchen set, and it is beautiful. The placemats are just so pretty and you managed to find everything to match them which is amazing to me! I just opened the box and walla Thanksgiving...rofl. How cool is that!

I love magazines and on our car ride, I kept saying ohhhhhhhh my this sounds wonderful, finally DH said please stop reading those I am starving...rofl, we didn't get to eat until around 8:30..rofl.

Everything arrived in beautiful shape, that is some kind of packing stuff you used.....I love it.

sURE HOPE LINDA GETS ME FOR HER XMAS BUDDY :)))HE HE I COULD USE SOME PLACE MATS COOL ONES WITH LITTLE SNOWMEN OR SANTAS lk yOU ARE GETTIG SO CRAFTY LATELY WHO ARE YOU HANGING OUT WITH BESIDES WET CLOTHS .

OF BET IT IS THAT LITTLE ELF IN OUR GROUP HUN GUESS MAYBE I BETTER START HANGING WITH YOU ALL MORE.
MAYBE IT WILL RUB OFF ON ME .

WELL DADDY IS A BIT NERVOUS TODAY FOR HE GOES IN FOR HIS SURGERY TOMORROW IN THE AM TO HAVE THE TUMOR REMOVED . SO I HAVE BEEN I HERE WITH HIM MOST THE DAY TO REASSURE HIM ALL WILL BE FINE :)

JIM IS JUST PULLING INTO THE YARD HE WENT SHOPPING FOR US SO GUESS I BETTER SIGN OFF & HELP PUT THINGS AWAY.
SO TRY TO GET BACK LATER TONIGHT .

SUSIE

Susie, we will be sending lots of prayers your way for your Dad! Please keep us posted?

thank you LK . He will need Prayers if I Have to go back in the house tonight :) OOOOHH He is Trying my patients tonight I Think
so I Turned him over to JIM & Walked out . He gets so stubborn at times so if i walk out on him then he knows he better do it my way :) Just because he had his bath saturday night he don't thinks he needs another just yet for its not WEDS Night ..
anyway forgive me for venting it will be ok I Just do not want say things i should not say in front of my father :) so now I can walk away & Let jim take care of it .

as for me right now I Want to relax & UNWIND SO where is the NEW Facebook link ??? anyone care to share with me or is it for a private group ??
GN All

susie

Susie, go to Facebook, and check your messages. I sent you the link

No, this is not a private group, it is open to anyone that likes miniature gardens.

This message was edited Nov 1, 2011 6:17 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

Prayers for you and your dad, Susie!

OMG! Lots of goodies and more goodies. Just got back from taking the kids to boxing and then off to Trais football game at 7:30! They are wearing me out!

I still have to go shopping for my buddy, so the hostess here is falling behind (guess its better than falling ON my behind).

Weather is good here. 70's day, 40's-50's at night. Won't last long though. Been so busy trying to get things ready for my business. But with Christmas coming, I'm running low on money and can't buy as much as I need. I'll get there eventually and then it will pay off!

I love all of you and love the goodies you're all sending and receiving! love, julie

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

We're all pulling for you and your new business, Julie! It sounds like such a great opportunity for you.

OMG happ, your table looks so pretty with your loot. The ghost from last night is a total riot! Probably would have went running away screaming like a girl...lol

You're so talented, LK. What a beautiful job you did sewing the reversible placements. They look like ones I've seen in pricey department stores but yours are much nicer and well-made.

Wishing your Dad the very best possible outcome tomorrow, Susie :) My 90-something year old grandfather lived with us a while when I was a teenager and only wanted my Mom to bathe him on Saturdays. Course she managed to sneak more in during the week, even if they were just sponge baths, but he always complained she was wearing out his skin. Oh the book I could write about how ornery and demanding he was.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That is really beautiful Happ, and your Halloween sounded fun too!
Prayers for Daddy, Susie!
Good Luck , Julie on your business endeavor!

I am glad you won the contest LK, it is a very cool Tiny Garden. I entered the DG photot contest, but like last year, I prolly won't know about it.. LOL
My Buddies Box is almost full..

Mittsy, I got your box of goodies today! WOW, I love all you sent.

Let me start with some recipe cards, hand written cards from Mittsy, note cards, and some marigold seeds...

Thumbnail by taters55

Some home grown organic garlic and sage! Oh these will be used in a few weeks for our Thanksgiving dinner!

Thumbnail by taters55

A beautiful hand towel done by no other than Mittsy, and some beautiful candle holders and wonderful smelling candles!

Thumbnail by taters55

Some candy corn, a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter, and a wonderful card that tells of her Thanksgiving family get togethers...

Thumbnail by taters55

The inside of her card!

Thumbnail by taters55

And last but not least is a BEAUTIFUL rug, made by her 92 year old Grandmother. Mittsy, I will cherish this for a long time!

Thanks so much for a wonderful box of goodies!!! ^_^

Thumbnail by taters55

Mittsy, do I plant the bulbs now, or wait till spring?

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

LK, how wonderful! That towel is a knockout with the embroidered tree and leaves too, Mittsy.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

LK I LOVE the rug! what a treasure!

Well, I thought I posted all the pictures, but I forgot one. She also include some paper cups for cupcakes, and a box of awesome tea! I just had a cup! YUMMM!!!!

Thumbnail by taters55
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

So glad you got your box. My mother crocheted the rug. Yes, please plant the Star of Bethlehem bulbs as soon as you can. I hope you'll be able to use the empty bottles for our fabric dye online class. I have a sister that is a beautician and she's been saving bottles for me.
Mittsy

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

From pumpkin bars with cream cheese frostings made by Susie.. LK's reversible place mats.. Mittsy's sewing skills put on display.. goodness!!! I want ALL of you for my buddy next year!!

Great job ladies. I don't blame you for not sharing Debbie. I'd have gulped the brittles and the bars in one day. Perfect to snack on watching football.

LK, those place mats truly 'pop'. Of course, talented you would have said it's easy. But those take time to sew! Lovely they are.

Mittsy, so your mum passed her love for crafts on down to you? I love that rug. And again, you excel in doing lovely tea towels.

I've been putting together my box, not ready to mail out yet.
In the meantime, I'm culling great ideas from y'all!

Yes, I will use them! Thanks so much for everything!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

The gifts are so well thought out.. the love shows.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!! I got my fan-tab-u-lous box last night from our very own Ms. FruitLoop. BOY .... can that woman pack a box!!!!! ^_^ Each item wrapped in tissue paper so it was like Christmas morning! Took me 4 pictures to get everything! TY, TY. TY Ms. Fruity for the wonderful box! It is all terrific!

First I have to show you my wall hangings and Turkey Windsock. I LOVE the sayings on the hangings and they are definately going into my kitchen.

Thumbnail by Crit

2nd pic

4 Millstone sampler packages of flavored coffee's. I can't wait to try these. I love flavors!!!! Caramel Truffle, French Vanilla, Chocolate Velvet, French Vanilla and Vanilla Nut Cream. MMMMMMMMMMM-mmmmmmmm

A decorative jar of veggies. Has peas, tomatoes, etc. in it. Very pretty!

10 Dutch Iris Bulbs Eye of the Tiger. Oh boy!!!!! Do I need to get these planted now or will they hold in the fridge till spring???

A Fall/Thanksgiving themed set of dishtowels, oven mitt, etc. Really pretty!!!! Plus a Home Sweet Home towel. I'll keep this one up year round. ^_^

Last in the picture is a bag of russian sage seed from her garden.

Thumbnail by Crit
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I hear your "Woot Woot" Patti!!!
You can breathe now!

Awesome box Patti! You've been busy shopping for unique turkeys!!

ETA.. got name corrected.. need another cup of coffee.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2011 10:59 AM

3rd pic:

A new Bakers Secret muffin pan (boy did I need this! I can throw away the ones starting to rust and not have to use paper liners. LOL)

A jar of Strawberry jam to use in the Martha Stewart Recipe for Strawberry Jam Cakes! ohhh ... ohhh... Looks like I am baking this weekend! (IF I can keep DH out of the jam. He loves strawberry!)

A really GOOD smelling fall soy candle that is Cranberry Orange and a fall candle ring to go around it. OOPS...candle ring is in pic 2. My bad.

4 round sage colored placemats that will work wonderfully on the table.

Thumbnail by Crit

Last but NOT LEAST .... this came in a 2nd box! Susie made this wall hanging and I LOVE it.

It has peacock feathers, mini rose buds and wheat!

Little did she know I was originally from Kansas where the main crop in the state is WHEAT. My ex and I ran a Custom Harvesting crew where we took combines and trucks from Texas up through the middle states cutting WHEAT. Wheat was growing on 3 sides of my property (44 acres) and house when I lived in KS. Wheat is in my blood. lol

You did a super fantastic job on my box Fruity and I can't thank you enough. I am so happy with everything!

I'm putting together my buddies box but still want to get a couple of things together for it. Love all the stuff everyone is getting. Just so awesome! I'm glad you 'talked me into' this swap Julie. big LOL

Thumbnail by Crit
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow.. speechless at what you got Patti. Certainly a Thanksgiving moment there with Susan's box.

Fruit can always Spice up a box :)) love the colors ;) lunch over waiting for J&J to get home so i can get out of the house for awhile going with my friend judy to shop for awhile get our hair done then off to bingo:)
will be back tomorrow for a chat :)
susie

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Good luck at Bingo, Susie.

Love the boxes everyone is getting.
All the great home made things, heavens, and that rug is really nice and what a treat.

The turkey sign cracked me up, you know when you laugh out loud at work people look at your pretty strangely! Wow and all the things that followed, wow! Sounds like a lot of us have the same muffine tins...rofl, well used ;)

Crit, I love what you got from our Fruity! She does pack a wonderful box! Love those peacock feathers!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.