What's Blooming in Your Garden VI

Athens, PA

Tuberous begonias....

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

OH81, love those wild beauties. Kathy the various 'Bleeding Hearts' are lovely. Carolyn how do you overwinter your waterlily? Nice! I love 'New Dawn'. cl. rose. I've one climbing my front yard arbor. I have yet seen any reblooming since early spring.

Here the arbor was in April this year.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Athens, PA

Kim

My waterlilies are overwintered in my pond. We lift them in the spring when we vacuum and at that time they are fertilized for the year and divided. All of my waterlilies are hardy. We have tried the tropical waterlilies, but my koi seem to think the tropical waterlilies are a delicacy, whereas they pretty much leave the hardies alone.

I love the New Dawn climbers. I get the original flush of flowers in June/July and then the occasional flower now and then. This past year, I was thrilled - we had no Japanese Beetles to spoil the roses. This is the first year in I don't know how long we did not have the little nasites.

Breaking the rules - this picture was taken of my New Dawn on June 21st. Another reason I like this rose is it the rare one that I can grow on the north side of my house....

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Carolyn, for the info. on the hardy water lilies. Your 'New Dawn' are gorgeous!!!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

This is also cheating... this is a water lily at Missouri Botanical Garden yesterday.
It's called Tanzanite. I thought it was beautiful.

Thumbnail by Weerobin
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, what bright blooms!

Athens, PA

Robin

gorgeous color!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

That is so pretty... I need a pond.
Here is yesterdays Don Juan. Just love him. Rained all day so i didn't get to enjoy him today but this is a great rose. I love it.

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

from MOBOT Aug 9th

Thumbnail by jmorth
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Don Juan climbing rose is very pretty OH81. J. the water lilies--yours and Robin's are brilliant!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Blooming--Not. As autumn breeze arrives, everything seem to simmering down, one turns focus on the texture and changing of foliages.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I have no idea what's blooming. I need a boat to get around out there. Lol this rain just doesn't wanna quit.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Wait! I lied, yesterday morning i got a picture of my Spiderwort. 'red cloud' :)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Down here too, lot of rain as the tail-end of 'Lee' tropical storm, OH81. We've had over 8" in 3 days. Luckily, by the time it reaches here. Wind gust to be about 30mph, and the rain was steady but gentle.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Omg! What is that?! It's so neat looking!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

OH81, that's a passionflower vine. They're native down here and a hostplant for Gulf Frits. butterflies larvae.

(Zone 7a)

I wish I could grow them here. They would have to live in a pot or in the greenhouse.

Athens, PA

I cannot grow them either, but Celia - think of the things that we can grow they cannot grow.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

yup, like the asters and lilacs, booo hoooo.

Athens, PA

Kim

that is right. I think it more or less evens out, don't you?

I bought this aster the other day. I have a Jenny aster which is a hot magenta color and I thought these two colors would set each other off nicely.

This is Peter III. I was just looking and it looks like it is hardy to zone 8 - you may want to give it a try.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Carolyn, I'll keep that in mind. The big box stores have set out quite a few asters as of late. But my fav. local nursery don't have them. Unless I know they thrive in theirs, I know then it's not going to thrive in my garden.

(Zone 7a)

Zone Envy is a horrible thing, isn't it? LOL

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Ha! I have that often. Especially with certain evergreen daylilies
here's that 'elegans' zinnia now toppled over by rain, but still looking awesome next to cleome.
There's a little toad in the bottom left corner!

(Zone 7a)

It does look great there. The Zinnia looks like it's whispering something to the Cleome. LOL

Athens, PA

I have zone envy too. Espeically when all of our friends in the south are posting photos of their gardens waking up and flowering and we are getting another dump of that horrible thing they call snow...... I have never been a snowbunny.....

Picked up this dahlia in the grocery store. It was labelled as dahlia decorative pink and yellow...... I have no idea which one it really is, but I am thrilled with the coloring.

sorry it is blurry - took the photo in the rain last night.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

tehehehe, lol with you kwanjin on the "The Zinnia looks like it's whispering something to the Cleome." It's fitting. lol. On the thing about zone envy, it's sorta like thinking the grass is greener on the other side, which isn't always true. lol.

Carolyn, pink and yellow they do compliment each other well. Pretty dahlia.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Late blooming clematis. I believe this used to be 'Nelly Moser'. But because it's under heavy shade, it looks different now.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 7a)

I have a yellow Canna that changes to white as it ages. The person that gifted it to me said it never did that for her. They stayed yellow.

Another gift. I have never had white Cosmos before.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Pretty!

Athens, PA

Very pretty. I love it!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Here goes the Cleo. bungie again.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Not fully open yet, but this Gladiolus came from a mix i got at the dollar store!!!! this one's a keeper.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh I love that salmon with a deeper twirl in the middle. lol

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Love that dahlia. I haven't had any luck. All my roots just rotted in the ground. :(
Here's some little sunflowers. less than a foot tall with more than one flower on the stalk.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

A much larger one

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I alway amazed at those huge sunflowers! Nice job!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Look at it today!!! I gotta save the seeds from this one, it's like a crown of sunflowers!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Another shot with our house in the back

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

So sweet, it's so romantic a setting. I just love it.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Here's that pretty glad. Flopped right over today in the rain. So pretty though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.