What's Blooming in Your Garden VI

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Duchess of Albany is starting her show, I also have a butterfly bush still going strong.

Thumbnail by marie_kap
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The Duchess is beautiful Marie.

Thanks, I am very impressed with her growth and performance after planting her this summer. I have others I bought and planted the same time, but they not doing as well as this one.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Spiderwort! Still going.

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Athens, PA

Love everyone's pictures -

JoAnn - I am hoping and praying the winter is easier than last year. Last year hung on forever and started earlier. It is cold now though, but should be easier to finish up in the garden.

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Guara looks gorgeous today after soaking up all the rain. I love this plant, beautiful and graceful.

Thumbnail by catzgalore
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by catzgalore
(Zone 7a)

I love guara. Mine died and I need new ones.

Still have many things blooming.

Coreopsis 'Strawberry Lemonade'

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Coreopsis 'Dwarf Red' with Nemesia

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Canna 'Tropicanna' with friend.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

NOID Sedum

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

And tons of these orange beauties.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

The MGs are going strong all over the yards.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

MG 'Milky Way'

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Sweet Allysum

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Gaillardia

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Vines are still putting out pumpkins, 'Baby Boo'

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Athens, PA

Celia

are the coreopsis hardy in your zone or do you treat them like annuals? I have tried some of them, but couldn't get them to go through the winter. I am wondering if I was not trying the right varieties?

San Diego, CA

Petunia, Mums, Lobelia

Thumbnail by dreamjourney

I found a Latana blooming in my front flower bed. I had those in there either last year or the year before. What a good surprise, they are not suppose to be hardy here.

(Zone 7a)

This is my first year for both of those. I'm collecting seed from them so I'll have a back-up if they don't come back. I have 'Moonbeam' as well and it's come back for me for 7 years now.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice spot dreamjourney.

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Not much blooming now, but there are a few things . . .
Here's Lobelia cardinalis and some May Night Salvia

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Knockout Rose (red doubles)

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Clematis

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Delphinium "Centurion Bicolor" Grown from seed. This is only its second year, and this is its 3rd flush of flowers.

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Hostas

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Phlox paniculata "Shortwood"

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Phlox paniculata "David"

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Penstemon

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

And finally some more lobelia. This picture is from this weekend up at our pocono house in zone 5ish. If you look closely you can see a hummingbird feeding from the white lobelia.

Thumbnail by pgt
(Zone 7a)

Beautiful, PGT. Just as lovely as can be. Cute hummer! LOL

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

What a great shot of the lobelia with the humming bird. :)

Here are some wild asters with goldenrod.

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Still have some Gloriosas blooming.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Maximilian Sunflower

Thumbnail by jmorth
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Got tons of these blooming now all over the feild (wild) they are Ratibida columnifera. My feild flowers are blooming better than my garden this year (boo hoo, sniff sniff) I know next year has got to be better (two years of being hailed on has diminished my lavish gardens to only a few blooms, gosh the yarrow is doing great and so are the weeds.lol. Only joking about the weeds, I spent 2 days pulling by hand for a new iris bed, will begin planting in a few days. Is burry outside (52 and breezy) so I came back in to veg in front of the 'puter,lol. I'm curious, does anyone else deadhead to continue the bloom cycle til frost? Normally I have tons of bloom up to frost, the hail did mess that up a bit this year tho. Later all, happy planting or enjoying late summer flowers, Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Nice weeds! Lol
i love Mexican hats. I'd love to plant some in my ditch. With the goldenrod, and rudbeckia. So pretty

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I love Mexican hats too. I grew them 1 year until I realizes they arent hardy here.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Aww well if they don't bloom the first year then i guess i won't bother with them. :(

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I ordered plants from Bluestone. I noticed the zone requirements after they wee planted and I was worried about too many self sow plants the next year. I checked BS and they arent hardy in z6a

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.