What's Blooming in Your Garden VI

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh very nice. I love glads.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Like the airing out rug and assorted junk on the porch!? Lol. What a mess i have on my hands. I swear I'll get this house cleaned when I'm not painting, picking pumpkins, stacking wood, working....sleeping...lol

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL, season for pumpkins picking already? Here is one my DD grows, she has several on a vine from a patio planting.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Pumpkins are in full boom. Some still flooring. We've got 2 acres of em only 4 truck loads so far...... Only 400 more to go! Lol
maybe someday I'll get to pointing the porch and fixing the lattice....?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Whoa! You've got your hand full! May I please come and help pick? I wished, but the thought is a fun thought.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Flooring??! Flowering... Lol
what type of pumpkin is that?! Wild lookin. Like a gourd. I love it.
Yeah that time of year is comin quickly. Feels like it today. Only 53° with frost warnings.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

We keep crossing posts. Lol we sure could use help picking! But i think you better stay where it's warm. I am freezing! Lol
It's a lot but it's great! We really have a lot of nice pumpkins. We've been very fortunate that the weather didn't seem to trouble them beyond a few just starting to rot. Lots of these guys too, but so far no damage that we can see. Next year we'll probably have to spray. But it's been a good year.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

That's a wonderful year of planting, and now harvesting. It's getting cooler down here too. Seems like Fall is upon us. I don't know what variety that pumpkin my DD has, but that's fun looking one.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Okay, here is one more. When the fruit was young it looked entirely different. :)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

That's all for tonite, I'll return and post more pics. tomorrow. Have a good evening OH81 and everyone. ^_^

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Good night! Sweet dreams of flowers! Sorry my last pic was sketchy bugs. Lol hope that doesn't leave you creeped out before bed. So here's another
Actaea 'dolls eyes' 'white baneberry'

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Rain Lilies

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Goldenrod

Thumbnail by jmorth
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

OH81, after a good night of rest. And ... there was no bugs dream. lol. your 'dolls eyes' baneberry is currious looking. J, love those rain lilies. I'll be out hunting/looking for my 'spider lilies' they should be blooming as the temp. is cooling down.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Some of my salvias still blooming. The 'Black and Blue' and 'Mesa scarlet' I think are blooming at this time.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Oooh i love the rain lilies j!
Glad to hear you slept well lily, i feel like i could sleep for days in this cold weather we're having. :( those saliva are beautiful. Do they come true from seed? ;)

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Weerobin, I'm interested in the Black and Blue salvia, but there are no entries in plant files. Do you know what it's zone range is? Do you know enough about it to make an entry in plant files?

TIA
LAS

(Zone 7a)

Here it is for you...

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/54031/

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

I've read that it is rated a zone 7 plant, but it grows & overwinters here without problem.
But I don't think it would survive for you up in frigid zone 4!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, the various Salvias are quite tender perennials. But they're such a good source for hummingbird's nectars. It's great to treat them as annuals if they're available. I found some other blue salvia, I've no idea if they'll survive winter here or not. It's its first year here. I just love those blue flowers.

As a rule most hybrids' seedlings won't come true to their parentage. With the exception of 'Lady in Red' salvias, they reseed prolifically. Only it's red instead of blue. ^_^

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I have those salvias, Lilyl, they say it is annual, they always sell them with petunias, but I had some that survived over the Winter, and I am on border of 7 and 8, in Augusta, Ga. This Summer I dircovered some Coreopsis, now I have 6 different color. They look like they are spreding, so I will have some to replant in the front of my fence.

Thumbnail by kiseta
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks kiseta. Those Coreopsis is very colorful!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Salvias et al.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

red turks cap

Thumbnail by catzgalore
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

passion flower vine

Thumbnail by catzgalore
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Red Turk's cap and seedpod. Welcome Catzgalore. ^_^

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Lily ;)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Various others...Love to see those cats. on your passi.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I have tons of them right now

Thumbnail by catzgalore
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by catzgalore
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

My best clematis this year is integrifolia ( a shrub form, so far is the best bloom of alll the clems I have, next year has got to be better,lol. Oh by the way Kwanjin and Carolyn22, got great news for both of you. You both expressed a liking for the passion flower, Guess what, there is one that is grown in Zone 5 and south, it is: PASSIFLORA caerulea. It will die back to the ground in our zone but the roots are hardy, make sure you mulch it. Pix is below. Later, Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Catz, have you any Monarch? I love G. Frits. but I'm missing my Monarch this year. These MWs are beckoning for Monarch to come. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I have those in 3 different places in my yard and not one monarch cat yet ;(

Thumbnail by catzgalore
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It's sure has been a slim year for those beautiful butterflies. Sweet dream, hopefully there will be a better day tomorrow. I shall return rain or shine with more pics. Thanks all for sharing your photos today.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Trimming and cleaning for compost spreading has left us with few blooms.
These sere seeds"Mexican Morning Glories"

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Assorted Zinnias

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Forecast is for not too severe a winter here.Not like last year.
Annual Weather Summary: November 2011 to October 2012
Winter will be slightly milder than normal, on average, with the coldest periods in late November, mid-December, late January, and early and mid-February. Precipitation will be below normal, with near-normal snowfall. The snowiest periods will be in mid-December, mid- and late January, mid-February, and mid-March.

April and May will be cooler and drier than normal.

Summer temperatures will be below normal, on average, with below-normal rainfall. The hottest periods will be in early to mid-June and early and mid-July.

September and October will be cooler and rainier than normal.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks JoAnn for sharing that forecast.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

It looks tollerable

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Agreed, the weather has been rough the last few years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.