What's Blooming in Your Garden VI

Clementon, NJ

Lion's Ear, Lion's Tail, Wild Dagga
Leonotis leonurus, featured in Dave's Plant List

Thumbnail by mhkilleen
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

How special to have flowers right out of the garden for the special day for your nephew's wedding! S&U. Thanks mhkl, I'll have to research those pfl.

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

I have a very confused Primula 'Pacific Giant' that's been blooming for the last week. Maybe it forgot it already bloomed when I brought it home in June?

Thumbnail by Eleven
Athens, PA

So pretty. Love the color.

My P. Francesca bloomed forever this year. I was quite surprised.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hah, sometimes, little suprises are the joyous cheerleaders in life. :)

(Zone 7a)

I've been noticing that lots of plants are blooming out of season. That's okay for me. I do not mind in the least. LOL

Mini rose 'Barby' still going strong.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 7a)

Some very sad Clems.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Guyton, GA(Zone 8b)

Kiseta I live between Augusta and Savannah, so we have the same climate. My black and blue is in part shade.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Flowerchik1, I still have them in pots, waiting for some of the plants I want to plant instead die, so I can make a whole row of black and blues under two small dogwood trees. Then next year I can plant some sun coleus in front of them. This year I will try to take some coleous cuttings and root them for spring, hope it works, save me some money for other plants. Here a sun coleus was $3.00 each last Spring, I can buy a flat of zinnias for $12.00. If you want some hardy heat flowers, it is Angelonia. I planted them early and they still looking good, tolerate this 95 degree heat.

Thumbnail by kiseta
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Just iscase you don't know, they are not perennials, sorry.

(Zone 7a)

I didn't see your rose, Lily. It's very pretty. What's it's name?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

kwanjin, the rose is a garden variety from HD, 'yellow rose tree' that's what they tagged it. It's grafted, the flower buds are beautiful yellow, it opens and fades into a light pink bloom. $2.95 marked down from 29.95 just because it first wave of blooms faded. lol

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Quote from maithyme :
How come you southern gardeners get all the good stuff? The cats whiskers are the cat's pajamas. (Or does that date me?) It's really a neat plant.

The milkweed you have is so different than what grows wild here. Is that one you bought? I cut mine down tonite, it's sad to think we have to wait another year to see the dance of the butterflies again (and me wildly chasing for a great photo op). I felt better when I spotted two monarch caterpillers still munching, Left a few stems just for them.

vonnie

LOL Vonnie. "All the good stuff " is all in how you look at it. LOL Right now I think you have things pretty great up north. We're still stuck here with all this mega drought and 100+ temps every day. I must say that I am glad that we don't have to deal with all the snow and stuff y'all have to deal with in the winter. Most winter days I'm glad to not have to wear anything more than a light sweater outside.

The Cat's Whiskers is one of my favorite plants. I'm going to try rooting them when it cools off a bit here. If I'm successful I'll be happy to send you one if you'd like. As far as the milkweed goes I WS'd them from seeds this past winter. They are the tropical milkweed. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/81057/#b I've heard some say they're not hardy here, but others say they will come back. I guess I'll find out what they do in my garden next year :)

Andover, MN(Zone 3b)

Catz.
Thanks for the offer of the cats whiskers, I'd love some. You were one of my first plant trades in Sept last year and it went very well. I sent you baptisia, is it doing well? You sent me hosta and it told me the other day that's it's glad to be out of TX. I feel so sorry for you all down there; what a nightmare. We had many days in the 90's and record humidity and most of us just couldn't function.

The forecast for the holiday weekend has highs in the 70's and 50 nights. Fall is in the air and I hope it spreads down to you folks soon too. You deserve it.

Vonnie

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Happy trading/gardening :)

Here is the current wave of blooms on that 'yellow rose tree' from the big box store.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I do remember out trade Vonnie. Yes the babtisia is surviving. I wish this would have been a better growing season for us this year. It hasn't flowered and I doubt it wants to this year. LOL I sure bet that hosta is happy to not be here fighting for it's life LOL
I can't wait to see/feel temps in the 70's......

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

'Amy' brugmansia 3rd successful bloom for the season. Many a tiny buds were aborted when I repotted the plant.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Cool temp. brought back some of the honeysuckle bloom for the season. Here it's seen among the fragrant bloomings Sweet Autumn Clemantis.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Amy is beautiful this morning.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 7a)

That is such a lovely flower. So delicate.

Gaillardia.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Cosmos, Canna, President Tyler Morning Glory.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2011 11:43 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

The many phases of the Rose 'Betty Boop.'

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Showy Stonecrop.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Crego mix asters

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Nice ones kwanjin. OH81, love those asters!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Cyclamen.
Flower stems without any foliage.
Always such a nice surprise toward the end of summer,
when everything else is winding down.
Pretty in pink.

Thumbnail by Weerobin
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

And pretty in white also.
Quite a delicate treat for a disgustingly steamy day.

Thumbnail by Weerobin
Athens, PA

Love the cyclamens. They remind me of the epimedium in the spring!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Those are awesome. I want some for my woodland garden. They remind me of spring in the fall. :)

More asters

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

This little guy on our trip to salmon river falls

Athens, PA

outlaw

any idea on who the little guy is, he is adorable.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Not sure! I assume it's a native wild flower. Or maybe not even native, but wild. It's growing in a wet crack of a limestone deposit. I love the little round foliage at the bottom with just a little flower.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Those are nature's beauty! I'm glad you've shared. :))

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Here's another. My camera was having a hard Tim with the humidity up over 80%!!!! Makes for weird haze in some shots.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Here's another a pretty yellow one which reminds me of a snap dragon

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Pix is of Dicentra spectabalis, this is the spring blooming variety. Weerobin.. the pix you showed above it Dicentra formosa is an all season bloomer, I have Dicentra f. Luxuriant, cherry red, which blooms all summer at 12". Sure wish spectabalis could bloom all summer. What beautiful wedding flowers soilsand. Just beginning to get flowers now and its the end of the season (almost). That hail storm in July truely set my blooms off cycle. Will only get a few Daisies, only a few blooms on all my various clematis also, phooey, can we start spring over? Still making new iris beds. Got lots of planting to do yet and am hoping next year is much nicer to me and my garden,lol. Heck I'm still potting up baby seedlings from this spring. The 90's finally ended and today was wonderful, (70's). Love it when I can spend the whole day in the garden. Later all. Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Athens, PA

Kathy

I did not know there was a Dicentra that flowered all season. Mine always died down to the ground by July. I will have to look for the formosa - I love the little lines of hearts on these plants and am sad to see them go when spring turns into summer.

NOID - Waterlily. I really like the delicate pink color.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Athens, PA

The last hurrah for New Dawn climbing rose

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Athens, PA

I moved Clematis Huldine early in the spring and her flowering schedule is a tad off.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.