DJ'S 2ND TIME AROUND PT 3

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

COOL CAM Welcome to The DIRTY KNEES, DIRTY FINGER NAILS , We Talk Allot of Dirt In this Forum as You can See.
Well i was Hoping to get to the P O Today but we have freezing rain & Snow Mixed all schools are closed so I will see How the roads are later in the day .

Our Robin should be Home about tomorrow or saturday & I will let you know if It Will be ready to go out on MONDAY Or Not.

Working on the addresses PLEASE IF YOUR ADDRESS IS NOT IN THE EXCHANGE SEND IT TO ME >

Also I WANT TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE BY SUNDAY Just to know you are still with us
anyone not responding to emails will be dropped .
Mellen I Put you at the end For you said you was going to tx For a bit .

Also EVELYN Did you say you had to drop ? SOmeone said they Had to drop out but i cannot remember who.
or maybe it was on another forum .
let me know if someone fines an extra brain out there Floating in space .

have a great day everyone

MAXINE You Have your Joins Back in Place ????

susie

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Well, I feel a tad better than I did when he got done! LOL
Treated me for TMJ, dentist spotted it in the check up on Wed. I knew some thing was wrong, butttt?
Does any one think I can lose some weight not getting my mouth fully open?
Didn't think so.

Maxine

deejay-count me in, please

yes i have you for she karen

Cam- no panty hose- way best part of retirement!!! i live in my jeans, tshirts and/or sweats, depending on the temp. and love it not sure i could even get my feet into any of my heels now.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

No, DeeJay ~ I am still in! After the violent storm we had last weekend, and lost power for 3 days, I am glad to be back. Now they are predicting one to two more feet of snow, and what we have has not completely melted yet. I suppose it will not as we are to receive colder temps as well. Only one large branch caught the side of the roof with minor damage. To look all around and see what fell, we are lucky.

I have started my WS but it is only a start as many more need to be done. I wasn't sure if I could have done that in the warmer temps we had in January and the first half of February. So I cleaned up and got the soggy bags of soil components (peat, vermiculite, perlite and sand) out of the garden area and onto the back porch. Wet vermiculite is not light! It was a surprise storm Nov 20th that caught me off guard and then it rained and snowed until the end of December.

Once it was dry enough, I cleaned out the square foot gardens and then I sowed some peas and lettuce and re-planted broccoli and bok choi. A doe jumped the fence and ate the other broccoli that I had planted.

Yesterday I sowed the following:

Anagallis 'Gentian Blue'
Antirrhinum Braun-Blanquetti
Antirrhinum 'Rembrandt'
Diascia 'Apricot Queen'
Dracocephalum argunens 'Fuji Blue'
Escholtzia californica 'Apricot Flambeau'
Larkspur 'Gentian Blue'
Nigella 'Miss Jeckyll Blue'
Iberis umbellata 'Super Mixture'
Scabiosa atropurpurea 'Oxford Blue'

This, of course, is just a start. I have a lot more that needs WS'ing as well as indoors, under lights, and some with heat. We may lose power again so I probably won't get into sowing in the next few days. Just clean everything and prepare. All the laundry and dishes will be cought up as well as anything else that requires electricity or running water...LOL!!

I will be going through my seeds again and seeing if I have more spares to share, before the Robin lands at Susie's place. (I think that I saw some...)

This is the branch that damaged the roof...glad it didn't get any closer..

Thumbnail by evelyn_inthegarden
Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> Corey, I use the folded V paper to insert my seeds into baggies and envys.

My theory is that the "narrow conical paper funnel" is better for clumsy people. I can push it right down into the ziplock baggie, and the pill bottle holds them both up, hands-free.

The I have both hands and all my concentration available for scooping out the right number of seeds, and pouring them into the funnel's big mouth, without dropping the bag I scoop from, or shaking the spoon I scoop with.

AND NO SPROING !!!

The wet pencil-tip sounds like a winner - more accurate that the Vee or W-folded paper, and much more accurate than the fingertip-and-thumb method.

Sometimes for sloppy speed, I pour or shake around 20 seeds into a small, dry white saucer for espresso.
Tip the saucer so the seeds roll, until you get several spaced out widely on the saucer.
(You could probably do this on a piece of paper with edges turned up into a 'tray'.)
Press one fat fingertip onto one seed, and slide it up the side of the saucer until I can grip that one seed between thumb and fingertip (and feel it, if it's big enough).
Move fingers over a cell or pot, and rub fingertips until the seed falls within 1/2" of where I want it.

Corey

OK I HAVE A QUESSION FOR YOU ALL PLEASE GIVE INPUT

SHOULD I JUST PUT A LIST OF PLAYERS WITH THEIR ADDRESS & yOU ALL MAKE OUT YOUR OWN ADDRESS LABLES ??? & CONF # RIGHT NOW I'M OUT OF THEM BUT MY MAIL CARRIE WILL BRING THEM IN TOMORROWS MAIL .

IT WOULD MAKE THE BOX JUST A LITTLE LIGHTER NOT ALLOT. BUT MANY OF YOU BUY YOUR POSTAGE ONLINE ANYWAY

THIS IS FINE BUT I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO SEND THE CON# TO THE ONE YOU ARE SENDING THE ROBIN TO OR SEND TO ME .

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU .
SUSIE
KEEP INMIND MY HAND WRITING IS POOR

i thought your labels were very nice, but you do whatever is easier for you. i am awful about getting everything in the box the first time, i usually open and close a few times before i have remembered everything. hopefully the list would stay with the box,maybe tape it the inside lid or something. just a thought

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm still in and I don'tmind how you do it, Susie - whatever is easiest for you. It only takes a second to look up someone's address on the exchange anyway. I keep priority labels and tracking notices here on my desk; the post office always has some if needed.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Don't like to see you doing all that work, Susie. If you already have everyone's full name and address, you could d-mail us that info and we can make our own label for the next ROBIN recipent.

I'm getting anxious to see blooms ... yesterday visited daughter and went to one of my favorite stores (Christmas Tree Shop) and purchased this pretty

Thumbnail by merrymath
Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Also ...purchased four 18 inch planters @ $4.99/pot

Thumbnail by merrymath

Very Nice Mary You can tell we are all so ready for Spring :)))
as for the address lable there is not a proble of putting them into the robin & If you want to print online lable you can do so .
I'm fairly sure the robin will be here tomorrow & Depending on the weather Graig & I will decide if I mail it to him or meet with him to hand it over.

tonight 3 am till 7 am 3-6 in so we might not even get mail tomorrow :( well you all have a great evening
I'm going to go chat with my sister in IDAHO :) good nite all .
susie

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie, you know Im in and my address is now listed on DG. You also have my ph #. Cam

Quote from deejay9 :

SHOULD I JUST PUT A LIST OF PLAYERS WITH THEIR ADDRESS & yOU ALL MAKE OUT YOUR OWN ADDRESS LABLES ??? & CONF # ?

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU .
SUSIE
KEEP IN MIND MY HANDWRITING IS POOR

Susie ~ Like others have said, do what is easiest for you. We all appreciate the efforts you have made to keep us all together and on the same page. Just let us know what we can expect and what we should do, OK? Thanks so much!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I'm IN. Do whatever is easiest for you. Just tell me what to do.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Susie, You know I'm in and print my own labels. Are you going by the flight path you showed above? If you are, I can D-mail LavinaMae with my mailing info if she's still in so you don't have to make a label. If not, froggies_girl is before her and already has my info.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I think I'm early on the list in this round, so i can print some labels. With the laser-printer at work, they won't smudge in the rain. I have most addresses from the first round.

Is this still the route? Am I missing anyone, or have the order wrong?

Just so I don't cause the robin to be sent to the worng DG member, please correct me if I found the WRONG last two digits of your ZIP code:

CRAIGBENNETT . 27
STEADYCAM3--- 42
FROGGIE_GIRL- 64
MELLEN------------ 06

NEWBIE CRAIGBENNETT-----------MI
RICKCOREY--------------------WA
NEWBIE EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN--CALF
SHERMAN99--------------------CALF
CHEERMOM-------------------AZ
NEWBIE CRIT-----------------------------OK
NEWBIE STEADYCAM3--------------TX
NEWBIE FROGGIE_GIRL---------------MS
LAVINAMAE--------------------NC
FRUITOFTHEVINE----------VA
JENNFERSHIPWAY---------MD
MERRYMATH---------------PA
CAROLYN22--------------------PA
JANAESTONE------------------OH
DIAMOND9192002-------------IND
NEWBIE MELLEN------------------------IOWA

Corey

This message was edited Feb 24, 2011 9:02 PM

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Kinda had a feeling you would do that Corey. ^_^ Don't know what we would do if you ever left ... guess we would just have to track you down if you did leave.

Giggle .... I know how to insure you would never consider doing that.

MARY

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I already would never consider leaving (is that gramatical?) , but you certainly perked my curiousity!

Would it be something like dozens of generous people sending me more seeds than I could possibly plant in ten lifetimes?

Or saying I have a sense of humor instead of a serious mental condition?

Or being a bunch of good friends?

I have to tell you ... you-all are already doing all those things!

Corey

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

I was only thinking of sending you some seeds every few weeks or so ... could drive you loco ...esp if when we travel, we sent them to you from a different local than our own without return addy (or fake addy) and fake names and IDs.

You're making me recal a song about ... If you go away .... you may as well take the sun away.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> without return addy (or fake addy) and fake names and IDs.

ARRGH! I worry enough already about returning favors to all the people I DO know!

What fiendish revenege for my idea about sprinkling a little ground pepper in the bottom of a swap box. Someone would be sure to think one packet had leaked, collect the grains and plant them, so they could identfy it and save the seeds.

;-)

Corey

The address will be in the robin as always If you Do not want to use my labels that is fine all i ask as you all know is to send the new conf # to myself & Or your partner.

Lavena : Sorry I Have not gotten your surprise Box out yet NO EXCUSES EXCEPT Being snowed in & INTERNET SHOPPPING :) Bad me But I Will do my best to get it out this next week :)

well lots to read this morning so you all have a safe 7 Warm day if your in the path of the storm .
susie

Corey-
We LOVE your mental issues that make you have such a terrific sense of humor that makes us all ROFL. Oh, maybe I shouldn't of included the mental issues. LOL!!!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

(Picture of Corey with one hand on either side of his head at ear level.)

(Sawing back and forth, like with a piece of string threaded through his ears.)

Mental floss.

Corey

ROFL

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

squeak-squeak
squeak-squeak

Ahhh!

All gone now.

Corey

squirting oil in your ear with the oil can.

You never cease to give me a chuckle, Corey! Don't let those men in white suits carry you away. We'd be lost without you.

My latest seed order is here. Should I tempt everyone, or keep them a secret and put them in the Robin as "free-for-all's"? And I promise there won't be any cracked black pepper...lol

Whatever makes your little heart happy.

Quote from FruitOfTheVine :
You never cease to give me a chuckle, Corey! Don't let those men in white suits carry you away. We'd be lost without you

Ditto!!

Quote from FruitOfTheVine :

My latest seed order is here. Should I tempt everyone, or keep them a secret and put them in the Robin as "free-for-all's"?

Spill it!! LOL!! (Pulllease...)

remember surprises are good :) bUT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO Send to certain ones for the Robin Should Land here today & I Have to go through it repack & add more of what I have to share .
Then If Weather Permits I will be meeting GRAIG To Hand Him the box rather then send in the mail for we are
not that far from each other ,so at this point till i see what the weather is going to be we will let you all know .

graig you will have mail soon . right now i have to get my JUGS off the table & be ready for the Landing .
you all have a great day .
susie

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

I think Susie is tired she just posted this

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8394399

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Susie, I just sent you a d-mail.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie, Ive heard of getting my buns up off this couch but Ive never heard of getting my jugs off the table. Forgive me in advance. I just could not resist. Cam

LOL! I thought the same thing, Cam.

Will do, Evelyn. I'll get the list together in the new couple of days and will know how many packs are available when they're in individual baggies. That way I'll be prepared when all you birdies swoop in. And I don't mind a bit mailing to anyone who's ahead of me, or to you either, Maxine if you see anything you'd like to try. Stay tuned...

Gm All & Thank you Cam "JUGS Of The Table?? How Did You KNOW ??? My JUGS Will Be Filled up By Tomorrow & Out in the cold frame :)

So So Many seeds to short through PLEASE TAKE OUT ALL YOU Want I took out Many for My friend at the School & Still didn't put a dent into it .

Mellen email me this morning if you can please or by noon.

Mary I was tired last night after going throught all the GREAT Seed Many of you shared with me :)
I Need to go get more grow lights for some :)

I Do wish I had the Money to Build a SOLARIUM Or A BIGGER HOUSE Has any of you a Rich Uncle I Could Have ??

well i Still have much to do before i hand this HUGE Robin over to Craig :) Boy Is He Going to Get a Surprise
:) have a great day everyone .

susie

Eaton Rapids, MI

Hi susie, Just let me know when and where you want to meet. I can't wait to see this Seed monster you have created! Thanks, Craig

can't wait to get the seed robin!!!!

Debra, you are still putting out WS'ing? I guess it isn't getting too late for me either then. We've accumulated a few more milk and pop jugs. Guess I'd better get busy.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2011 9:27 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.