CLOSED: DJ9'S WINTER ROBIN " IN FLIGHT " PT 5

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Maxine ... May I have some of the wine colored cockscomb, butterfly milkweed, both cosmos and shasta daisy? Are the red and orange marigold you have the flat petal or the mounded flower? What is the Mars and French marigold?

Thanks!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Will check on the pics of the marigolds maybe tomorrow.
I will need your address if you aren't in the 2nd round?
Mars marigold is gone.
Will keep the wine colored cockscomb, butterfly milkweed, cosmos and shasta daisy for you.
As for the French marigold, suggest you look it up as I truly don't know. Recd. it last yr. in a trade.

Maxine

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Maxine,

may I have the lavatera arborea variegated, common name Malva perennial seeds?

MARY

Maxine, I am in the 2nd round of the robin, so putting the seeds in there will be fine. I am also in the address exchange.

Thanks so much!

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Mary you have a lot of space to fill with plants. What's the plan for that space?

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM Well I Just checked & The robin should Land Today
HOPE Carolyn "s Eatting her Wheaties or cherios :) she will need her energy to carry it in the house :)))
very snowy day also have some rain so it is a mess out side sure happy I will not be going anywhere today .

off to make pancakes for the critters you all have a great day .
susie

Athens, PA

Susie - wish I was home today instead of at work. I could spend the day going through the seeds! I am looking forward to this so much.....^_^

LoL @ Carolyn I think I am going to take a day off from work when the seeds get close. I can spend the day rolling around in seeds. LoL

Athens, PA

The Eagle, I mean the Robin has landed. I cannot believe how much is in this box!

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

It is an eagle/robin in disguise, enjoy it !! so relieved you got it. I always worry after I send it, that it will get lost. Annette

that was my biggest fear also, that i would send it on to the next person and it would never arrive. such a relief when the person says it landed. you can tell i have not got much faith in the postal system

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Just posting as directed to let you know I am still here and awaiting the robin in two or three weeks (?)

From what you are all saying the number of seeds is monstrous. I tell myself I shouldn't be tempted to buy any seeds now and have instructed my family to rip the seed catalogues out of my hands if I weaken.

Denise

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> have instructed my family to rip the seed catalogues out of my hands if I weaken.

Our planned intervention didn't occur as planned. Someone said that seeds could be taken from frozen seedheads, and it degenerated into a seed snatchin' scuffle.

Nice garden, by the way, even in the snow!

Corey

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm anxiously awaiting the Robins arrival here. I've spent the last couple of days bagging up seeds to go into the box when it arrives, and getting promised seeds packaged up. I can't wait!

Linda

Athens, PA

Linda

hoping to have it into the mail tomorrow. Will let you know!

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

drooling here waiting for the robin in the eagle disguise to arrive on my front porch!!!! I'm in another seed swap and am going through that box right now. DH laughed at me with all these seed packets spread all over the dining room table and me at my laptop looking them all up on plant files. LOL (my dining room table is 8 ft long. ha ha)

GM All
Crit You Should Have the Robin sometime in April For your in the 2nd time around robin :)
can you imagine how fat it will be when there is about 12 other stops before you :)
Hope you have a PING PONG Table Just kidding :)

Corey: Happy to See your Not into the Flood area out your way .
well I have been trying to make over a couple rooms.
this winter that needed to be done but i will check in when i can .
Nice garden carolyn

would love to find seeds for the hanging baskets :)
susie

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

me too, susie.

Maxine

Carolyn, very pretty garden! What's the yellow coneflower..."Mac n' Cheese"?

We have freezing rain here. there have been accidents all over the place because the roads are nothing but ice. We had to have the salt truck come to the station twice. We made a run and returned to the station and slid across the parking lot! What a helpless feeling.

Athens, PA

I believe the yellow echie to be harvest moon. I liked this bed so much. I ended up taking all my echies out several years ago as I had that dreaded echinacea disease. I am only in the last year or so starting to put them back in.

Thanks Carolyn22. I'll be watching for it at the end of the week.

Linda

SORRY KOBWEBZ------------JAN 15 TH MERRYMATH--------JAN 18 TH
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GUESSES .

break about over so back to my duties , Anita hope you stay safe , don't forget your seat belts . its crusty here But i do not have to go out only to the mail box & Back .
have a great day
susie

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

yes, no flood where I am. Just the usual continuous drizzle and sprinkle. My little ditch would have a hard time handling a real flood!

Corey

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

My younger daughter came over for her weekly visit today. She is the super bargain shopper. She handed me a ticken for 2 free admissions to the NJ Flower & Garden Show (Feb 17th - 21st).

We usually stop at one or 2 stores and eat out. Today we went and investigated a farm store which I doubt we will revisit ... I had sticker shock on their prices. A humming bird feeded that was similar (but very inferior) to the one I recently purchased at The Christmas Tree Shop was more than triple in price!

We ate at IHOP (used a 20% off coupon) and left a nice tip. ... Next stop was Office Max (short distance away)to check the cost of magnetic paper for a project for her pre-k class. She decided it was too costly ... but she did buy some fabric paint pens (75% off) on clearance. She mentioned that she wished she had an AC Moore discount coupon with her ...I was pleased to inform her that I had a 40% off coupon for AC Moore in my purse.

Since JoAnn's was in the same shopping center as Office Max, she decided to go there. She was able to find what she needed and used the AC Moore coupon.

Susie, I can locate where the zip baggets are at Wallyworld ... Only problem ... all that is ever there when I visit are the price stickers.

MARY

ok have spent the last 20 mins posting & Lost it RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Merrymath sounds like fun day

I'm getting house a toesa here being cooped in from cold weather or house work :)
also I will share a new site with you all & Hope you enjoy as I Did.

http://www.cherrygal.com/gardenheirloomsvegetables-c-12_44.html

Hope everyone has a great day .
susie

Is the Robin in the air ???

Susan ?FOTV I Have Sprouts :)
These are from the canna seeds that Susan shared with me in that FALL 09 swap That I Planted 4 seeds out of about 8 she shared with me & I Had 4 laft so thought i would Plant them & WALA 3 out of the 4 are up :)
so I Will transplant them today in a better pot .

for anyone trying them for the 1st time POUR Boiling Hot Water into a cup add the seeds let soak till you can reach your hand into the water to pick them out :) or till the water is cool But them I took a UTILITY Knife & Cut a KNICK
in them . I Planted these JAN 3rd .

was excited & Had to share :) have a great day everyone

Thumbnail by deejay9
Athens, PA

Susie

The Eagle, I mean the Robin should be airborne later today.... I am going to the post office on my way home.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

My younger daughter is a super bargain hunter … here is one of her latest discoveries.

Amazon Mom program: Amazon Mom http://www.amazon.com/mom

Join Amazon Mom and get 3 months (or up to a year) of FREE 2-Day Shipping on all your purchases with Amazon Prime benefits.

You do not have to be a mom or even have kids to join the Moms club for free. Offer open to both females and males.

It is called the Mom's Club because they ...give you good deals on baby supplies as well as exclusive offers for the whole family.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

My super saver daughter is at it again. She just e-mailed me the following:

20% off entire purchase at BIG LOTS good Sat & Sun, Jan 22nd & 23rd

and

Ticket for 2 FREE ADMISSIONS to NJ Flower & Garden Show (Feb 17th to 20th).

MARY

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

When my younger daughter paid her weekly visit yesterday, I was opening a small package from WalMart. To my surprise it contained a free sample of SmartBlend dog food from Purina. Well, my daughter started to laugh and asked if I remember requesting it (I have no dog). I said no and she informed me since it was a limit of one per household, she made the request.

Then, I inquired if she knew anything about a very nicely boxed package from Lowes that contained a small (7.2 oz) jar of valspar paint, a mini paint tray, mini paint roller, and a replacement roll for the paint roll. I had realy started to be concern abount my memory as I had no recollection of ever requesting this free sample.

She confessed that it was her doing!

MARY

This message was edited Jan 20, 2011 4:44 PM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh that makes my day, Susie. Good growing! Not sure what the deal was last year but some of the same cannas that produced oodles of seeds in '09 only yielded a few last year. Keep us posted with your progress :)

Athens, PA

Linda -

The Eagle, I mean the Robin is on his way to you. He took flight today on Del. Conf. # 0308 2690 0001 8625 6536.

I also sent out seeds to Fruity, Beth and Erin that were not ready when I sent them off to Susie.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

tHANK YOU CAROLYN
Merrymath tell your daughter to sign me up for free stuff any time as long as i don't have to sit for hours to fill out servys :)
let see i love PLANTS < SEEDS < SOIL< PORTABLE GREEN HOUSE SO ON & ON :) HEHE
Oh ALSO WOULD LOVE TO GO EAT FOR FREE :)

well guess i better go feed my critter & get them bedded down you all have a great evening .
susie

Thank you for letting me know, Carolyn. I will be watching for it to land in the snow. It's pretty miserable here right now and will be for the next few days. At least I will have the seed Robin to keep me warm, when it arrives!

Linda

Thank you, Carolyn. Your Amaryllis blooms are just gorgeous.

Athens, PA

Susan -

I need something in the winter.

My sister is the one that is good at getting the amaryllis to bloom year after year. I thought I would try it too and take lessons from her.

Carolyn, very pretty AMAs. How many do you have? You have some of the most beautiful flowers.

Susan, show us pictures of the cool things you do with your AMAs. I loved the vase and rocks from last year.

gm all not sure how good yet been up & Down since 3 am Twice with daddy & One potty call :( & body just didn't wants out of bed but i have my coffee now so hope to be wide awake soon :)

well i have the room about cleaned out well i have the boxes out & Now just have to wait for the kids to take what they want when they come over Tuesday :) For daddys B-day .

so today i'm going to proble just relax around the house daddy wants a LEMON Pie well you all have a great day
Linda just call your boss & Tell him or her that your snowed in & Relax with the seeds :)

susie

Athens, PA

Anita

I have these 3 on the kitchen table and 3 more upstairs. One of which is sending up a bloom spike and the the other 2 are not. I lost one this past Summer and I am beginning to think it was because the bulb rotted. One thing my sister was telling me the other night on the phone was that the amaryllis bulb needs to be watered from the bottom in order to stay a strong bulb and not weaken. Who would've known something like that? Definitely not me.

Thank you that you think my flowers are so pretty. That makes me feel good. I just love flowers and I do think I have addiction there - I never met a flower or a plant I didn't like.

This one is Lilium Farolito and Blue Hill Salvia.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

For the moment mine have finished blooming. The last two clusters of blooms last week were so heavy they broke the stems, stuck them in a vase with glass marbles but they've dried up. Really had hoped some would have a chance to set seeds, maybe with the next flush. "Royal Velvet" was cheery to start the New Year.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.