CLOSED: DJ9'S " WINTER SEED ROBIN " WISH LIST PT 2

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh yes I can make it there by noon. LoL That sounds so good! I wish there was a way to remove the fat from good foods. If we could replace the fat with nutrients, nothing would be fattening. We would all be slim and trim, no clogged arteries, and sticky rolls with a slab of butter every morning.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

you can eat what you crave as long as you train yourself to invite others over to share so there is no left over to over indulge :) & Then you take your daily walks :))

as promise Hot out of the Oven dads cinn rolls

Thumbnail by deejay9

& we have SUSIE"S COOKIE BARS The kids will be here this weekend to see grandpa they are from Wisconsin
so I wanted to bake a few things extra :))) they are like chocolate chip cookies but made into bars . :)
to hot to cut them yet .
well off to get some cleaning done just found out this morning that the kids were coming for the weekend for they cannot get home for the Big B-day party for Grandpa so they will be here Late tonight :)

so have a great day back later

Thumbnail by deejay9

Looks really good!

could you please adopt me?

Noooo Sherman, I asked first

Athens, PA

Susie

Everything looks amazing!

she could adopt us both!

believe me i hope one day someone will cook for me :) well off to get super on so chat later :)

susie

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Looking good susie!
Wouldn't mine one of the cinnamon rolls and would be willing to share?

Maxine

I would be happy to cook for you. do you like canned or frozen food?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Anything made from scratch! Not fussy, I am like susie, hope some day someone will else will do the cooking.
Have cooked since I was 9 yrs. old and some days its hard to figure out what to cook and serve. LOL

Maxine

you are so so right maxine from 9 yrs old Do you think our wish will come true :)) the only time anyone cooks for me is when I Get to go out with the girls :) .

well i hope you all have a safe weekend we have company coming today so not sure when i will get back on . but i will check in a couple times i hope :)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

NOPE!!

Maxine

Athens, PA

I love to cook- when I have time. I dont' consider 'throwing a meal together' after work as cooking. There are so many new recipes to try and I am a Foodnetwork Junkie too. I have been cooking for so long and there are definitely times where I want somebody else to cook. I am fortunate that DH is a wonderful cook. I come from a family of Foodies and perhaps that has something to do with it....

Pardon my messy table - here are jumbo blueberry muffins that we had when my daughter was home for Christmas....

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

Oh My carolyn next time put a few in the mail for me MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM they look so so good they say a messey cook is the best cook :)) arround here i do the cooking & Margaret dose the clean up most the time So I trully do not mind cooking for I do use allot of dishes & Pans when i cook :)

just fixed egg white omelets for lunch sure wish i had the muffin to gone with it :)
well company will be here soon so you all have a great day .
susie

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

this may be a little after the fact, but I have ordered from the sample seed shop at least 3 times. Have been VERY pleased with what Remy sends. In addition, the bonus seeds that she sends are thought-out choices from her. She seems to take into consideration what you have ordered then sends additional packs to fit in with what you are getting. Her varieties of tomatoes are huge. Shipping is incredibly FAST, too!!! She knows her "stuff." VERY reliable and knowledgable lady.

Mine are on the way here now she sent them out friday :) can hardly wait to see them . ok i know i have got to get to work on the Route of this Robin you all want to know what it is so lets see . How do we want to do this ????

How about If I Draw a Name out of the Hat if I can find one & then each of you do the same when the robin gets there?? This way I Don't have to do it & We all will be surprised :) HEHE

OOPS Many of you have seeds for others so that might not work Unless you just send them Then No one is paying postage on others seeds ???? unless you do not mind .

I'm not sure what the cost of the robin is as of right now . but maybe I can find out from Erin .

OOOOOORRRRRRRR
I can start with the New Members who have signed up then go to the 2nd timers ?????

so you all tell me what you want to do .

well the kids maybe be back today for the hill they had big fun on the hill last night we had our car lights on them it was crazy but fun :) Not sure how much more daddy can take :) will have to take his hearing aid out I guess :)
ya all have a great day off to the kitchen back later to tally :)

susie

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

You do what you think is best. I don't mind sending out the seed that I have promised others, but then again, as big as it is I don't think those will add that much weight/postage to the Robin.

I think my vote would be to do the newbies, with the trade seeds, then go to the 2nd timers. Whatever the popular vote is fine with me. It's your bird.

Eaton Rapids, MI

Would it be simplier if we just mailed our individual trades out in the mail? Then that would take that factor out of the routing of the robin. I myself would be fine with that.

well by doing the new members 1st would be the easiest & By drawing a name out of the hat you might have calf sending to pa & Then pa to washington & That is just allot of postage so i will ****try ******to make it so you can send to a neighboring state . thanks all but then also some of you might have to send a few of your trades
so hold tight till i can work on the flight will try to give you a sneak PEEK BY TOMORROW :)
back to the Kitchen .

susie

ok this is just a brief list to get your input for i do not know distance well :) HEHE so tell me if your ok with it or want to be moved . back after lunch . if the kids are not here
susie

NEWBIE CRAIGBENNETT-----------MI
NEWBIE MELLEN------------------------IOWA
NEWBIE CRIT-----------------------------OK
RICKCOREY--------------------WA
SHERMAN99--------------------CALF
NEWBIE EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN--CALF
NEWBIE STEADYCAM3--------------TX
NEWBIE FROGGIE_GIRL---------------MS
NEWBIE DEEPSEA72---------------------LA
LavinaMae---------------------NC
JENNFERSHIPWAY---------MD
MERRYMATH---------------PA
CAROLYN22--------------------PA
JANAESTONE------------------OH
DIAMOND9192002-------------IND

just reread this thread to make sure i dont forget any trades.

merrymath-if you have any sunflowers left (does not matter what kind i am trying to make a field of sunflowers for the bees) i would love to have some.

crit-have your french hollyhocks

anyone else have a few sunflower seeds i might have?

thanks

deejay one suggestion

evelyn is further north in calif than i am so she would be closer to rick if that makes a difference

thanks karen anyone ?? Just let me know the kids are on their way so i'm going to shut down for awhile .

LavinaMae---------------------NC

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie, Louisiana is between TX and MS geographically so maybe switch those two as in TX to LA to MS?

i will mail all seed requests to the people on the robin ahead of me.

Quote from sherman99 :
i will mail all seed requests to the people on the robin ahead of me.

Ditto for me. Cam

THANKS CAM BACK LATER AFTER THE KIDS LEAVE

LAVINAMAE--------------------NC

OK, here's another hitch ..... OK borders TX, not sure where Cam lives, but I'm sure it is closer than WA

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Karen, I have recorded your request for sunflower seeds.

I am fine with the proposed flight pattern of the 2nd Robin. It gives me an idea of which participants I may need to send seeds directly to for them to have for any indoor sowing or winter sowing.

I have a request:

Is it possible to start a new thread and for each of us to list on the new thread what we

1. Have already reserved for each participant in the 2nd Robin
2. What we have already requested from another 2nd Robin participant
3. What we still have available for requests and to feed the 2nd Robin.

MARY ^_^

Crit, Houston is on the gulf coast and OK is on TX northern border but I also thought that CA to OK to TX might be a good idea. Cam

Mary, If the next flight wont launch until March, no one can do winter sowing anyway, that is if I understand the situation, which I may not. Cam

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Yes Susie ~ will you please start a new thread? (I'm on dial-up!) (Probably the only one here!)

Mary ~ Thanks for your suggestions!

OK, I will have my list up soon. Almost all the mags are distributed, and if the sunshine holds out I will finish planting my bulbs. Yeah, I know it is late, but I had no choice with our crazy weather! (And getting sick!) Then I will look into my underbed seed tote and make my lists. ("haves" and "wants") I don't see a lot of new lists either, Mary.

~ Evelyn

NEW THREAD TO LIST YOUR HAVES WANTS & WHO YOU HAVE SEEDS FOR .
& CHAT.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1148596/

pLEASE NOTE IF I WAS TO HAVE OK SEND TO CALF THEN THE BIRD NORTH TO WASHINGTON
THAT WOULD BE A LONGER FLIGHT TO TX .

YOU ALL CAN POST ON THE NEW FORUM NOW :))))

Just drop me behind the Southern Californian. Then I will send to Cam.

Have re-posted my have/want on the next thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1148596/

Susie, my request would be that it is the most inexpensive route.

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Anita,
Depending on the time it gets here (say late March, early April), I should just meet you for lunch one day and hand it over to you then! What do you think?

Susie, I'm fine with the path as far as where I'm at.

thanks janae how far from the mi state line are you ???? maybe i might be able to meet the two of you :)

new thread follow the seeds ************** http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1148596/

Di, that works for me! It would be so much fun if we could meet for lunch and have a plant swap. Susie, does something in her area that similiar to a plant swap. We could find a middle ground, meet in the park, have a picnic and swap plants or just meet to enjoy each other for a couple of hours.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.