TEA ROOM # 78

Clifton Springs, Australia

Very pretty, Elaine...in fact more than pretty...I think they are beautiful.

western sydney nsw, Australia

They are blinding in the sun its all bling.---------elaine.

Elaine ...wonderful!
A lovely thought.
Hugs!

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

dianne,we have the currawong chick and the crow chick over the back fence,.,.theres been a lot of noise, and the parents are ''threatening '' each other for top spot, at ''anthonys bird diner''-come''possum/bandicoot'' blow in joint-roo restraunt- you know,we get them all

Brisbane, Australia

Lovely, Elaine. A beautiful thought.

Karen

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Your circles are really beautiful Elaine.
Anthony, I'd love to see your "Restraunt" customers. I just discovered what a Bandicoot was. such interesting critters.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. So nice to come in and see pretty things.
Its overcast here still, but no rain or wind. Still rather cold. I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever see summer or pop straight back to autumn. Maybe I'll eat my words later. It could get really hot and dry again for months. .
Elaine , your circles are very beautiful. I would love to see them shining in the sun.
Hello Anthony, your restaurant sounds great. I love seeing the birds around. Such personalities. We often sit and watch ours here. Meal times are a real circus.
Anthony, I also found some lilies growing where I never put any. They must have been mixed in with some old jonquils etc that I bought from a fete. Poor things are doing their best to grow and flower, so I'll move them over to the others later.
I have some tiger lilies that have grown really big this year. I didn't see them as they are out in the cottage garden trying to get above the alstromerias.
Hello Charleen, the little bandicoots get around but not here in our area. I think they like it a bit warmer. We do get the odd wallaby or koala passing through. You would have lots of small animals around you . I have seen photos of the opossums and the armadillos.
Hello Chrissy, Dianne, Karen and Teresa. I hope you all had a great weekend and got lots done in the garden.
I'm off to photograph more epis. I just wish they lasted longer than they do. It would be lovely to see them around for months instead of weeks.
Heres something nice to nibble on with your cuppa. Banana Honey Loaf.
Happy gardening, Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

Good morning everyone. Jean, I agree about the epis. Their flowering season is too short. Do you have any off season bloomers?

Going to see the Harry Potter film today. Can't believe it isn't the last one.

Hope everyone has a lovely day, and a great week ahead. And lets hope the rains take a good break and let everything dry out a bit.

Karen

Jean- Sorry to say I cannot take a pic. thate shows the shinning glass beads in the sun they sparkle this is the best one .
Thanks to all for the nice comments makes me feel I am spreading a little Joy and Hope around.
--------elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut
Sydney NSW, Australia

Good morning everyone,
Have not been into the Tea Room for ages. Offering a plate of hot scones, my own jam and clotted cream...served with weak white tea, (or coffe), Enjoy.
My, you have all been so busy and your plants are responding to your TLC, despite the weather. Hope that those of you in flood-bound area are okay. Don't forget to boil any drinking water.
It is 'ot, 'umid and 'orrid on the Central Coast of NSW...everything and everyone wilting. 'They' keep prediciting rain for these parts but it never comes. However, with this heat the cacophancy of the cicadas is,noisy but nice. They were soooo noisy last summer that we did not expect another loud year for five or six years or so but here they are. Sometimes have to take the phone into the loo to have a quiet conversation.
Love tripe, onions with white parsely sauce and a splash of Worster sauce. Lamb's fry and onions & kidneys with bacon and thick brown onion sauce...All delicious- my English and Irish heritage coming to the fore.
My geraniums are in flower and they look lovely against all the greenery. but I cannot boast of anything more exciting in my garden..maybe when we move I'll have a ground floor garden that actually has sun all year round. Or..even a house!
Should I not be able to be online before Christmas Day I wish all of you the very best that Santa can carry down your chimneys and hope that 2011 is exactly what we would all wish for ourselves and others.
Bless
Anna :-)

Hi everyone,
I have been buying annuals to get me by over summer.
Got another of the perennial petunias too, this time a blue with a white edge..
The pink one that I bought last year came back with a flourish in Spring.
Hi Anna, nice to see you pop in again...
Hope that you enjoyed Harry Potter, Karen....I will see it after all the kids have been...lol
No rain here either Jean.....they forecast it everyday, but it sails right over our place and drops on Melbourne.
Must water my seedlings,
bye for now.

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Gosh no rain?
Well we are steaming away here because we have had too much ...you can almost feel the ground heaving beneath your feet.
Gardeners are like farmers always anxious about the weather.

Elaine I love sparkles too ...dewdrops on spiderwebs are one of my favourites as well as dew on a nasturtium leaf.
Love your work it put a sparkle in my eye.
We must always keep hope in our hearts.

Waving to all our friends over in the USA ...you know we have your Oprah here right now don't you?
Loise ... Charleen and and other friends ...just letting you know I think she is enjoying herself.
Hopefully you might want to come on down one day- if you can't make it don't forget to watch her show about her trip Down Under.
Gosh I hope it won't be embarrassing ...no we are not all Crocodile Dundees or Steve Erwin types.
We are just like you ! but our Country is unique as far as the animals and plants go.
Perhaps our sense of humour may sometimes be misunderstood.
It can be very dry ...also very cheeky.
Where else would you find a Platypus?
Mother nature sure has a sense of humour.

The day just fled ...no time for anything.
Best go look around.
Enjoy your evening everyone.

Platupus, what a beautiful critter. So unusual, I love to hear of all your wonderfull animals.
Sense of humor, there's a lot of us could improve our humourous side. We can learn to enjoy yours. I love it...
I'lll google and see if I can find Australia's Oprah.
23 degrees here and windy, all night long it blew and still going.
Charley and the Longears are probably backed up into te cedars this morning. I know I would.
Hope your days are great!!!
Hugs and nuzzles to all.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining but hubby says not for long. He said the forecast is for back to cold and wet on the weekend. I have so much I want to get done outside that needs dry days so I am going to get an early start today and hope I get everything done while the sun shines. Still watching a few epis to open . It has been a good year for them despite the rain spoiling the flowers a bit. I have had over 60 flower so imagine if all the plants flowered at once. Over 300 of them. Magnificent. I would be in flower heaven. Have shelves to put up in the zygo house and small brugs to pot out . Orchids to repot . All this talking will not get it all done.
Chrissy, congrats on your brothers great milestone of standing unaided.
Charleen, you would love the koalas too, but you do have some unusual creatures there too. Those armadillos look so cute. I don't want the raccoons though. Sound very naughty.
Hello Louise, I hope you have some lovely weather for Christmas.
Hello Kat, Dianne, Karen, Elaine, Teresa and Anthony.
Have some of this Apple TeaCake with your cuppa and have a great day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

yes keep the raccoons ...did you see in England they are serving Squirrel in the best eateries?

Poor little tykes but I guess one man's "cute" is another man's $%^&*#$%. they say it's delicious but you don't get much.

charleen this is for you I hope it works ...the Oprah in Australia will air in January some time.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/specials/oprah-in-sydney

I have to go now ...back later though.
Enjoy your morning everyone.

Thanks Chrissy. Oprah does do a lot of good for folks. That's why she doesn't want to stop.
Like Cher she doesn't want to stop.
Squirrels are funny piggy little critters. They get into birdfeeders and raids them. I've had them in my Feedshed, eating chicken scratch.
Raccons are onery little characters and can do their bit of trouble. got a duck missing, I bet a hawk got it. Durn!!!!

Christchurch, New Zealand

the American grey squirrels are on the menu as they have driven UK native red squirrels onto the endangered list.
I love watching River Cottage & they featured squirrel recipes in one episode.

Brisbane, Australia

Skippy is likely to be on lots of menus as well.;(. The advantage with harvesting kangaroo for the meat market is that it doesn't have to be intensively fed and farmed and transported so there are few direct production costs and methane gases...supposed to be better for greenhouse gasses etc...they are just hopping around obliviously till they are shot by a marksman. Still couldn't eat any though..but I can't eat any animals..still, the way our chicken, eggs and meat are produced is not kind. There was a small zoo for sale near here and I thought for about a millisecond that hubby could buy it but after a week or so, the lions and tigers would have to become vegetarians as the neighbours here would only last that long! I think the zoo was running out of money, but still, the thought was quite entertaining till reality hit!

Feels like a hot, humid day coming up.. going in to lunch with some "girls" from school many decades ago. The years never seem to matter. They are still the same inside. It's funny. When you meet people for the first time, you get to know them by unwrapping the layers but, with these ladies, we know what is inside and are getting to know the layers that life has added. So, instead of getting to know someone from the outside in, it's kind of the reverse!

I think the epies did a lot of flowering last weekend while there was heavy rain and I didn't get to photograph them all. Now the sun is out..no sign of any blooms..mind you, I haven't gone out to do a close check yet! I may be surprised by something!

I put our Christmas tree up..as in, I gave up on the old one and, when I was at the shops yesterday, I saw a fibre optic one as a display..and finally convinced them to sell it to me as they had been out of stock for a while and said they would sell this one just before Christmas..when I asked what day, the manager said I could have it now! No box, and I hadn't taken the car as I'd got a lift down with hubby and was planning on walking back. I was only going to buy a few things then get the exercise walking back. I think that's when I always see these must-haves. Anyway, it started raining so I caught a bus, driven by a Santa, and I was carrying the intact tree! Must admit, it is awesome though! Has LED lights in the base and a spinning coloured filter thing so the colours are vibrant and constantly changing. It looks so much better here than in the shop display, especially when it is dark! :).
Better go..Happy gardening all..enjoy the Christmas preparations and family times.

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much but I've more sad news. Brian's son passed away on Monday, 2 months after Brian. He's with his Mum and Dad and big brother now. Rest gently now, Kev. I'm going to John's for Christmas so won't be around for a few days. I have a lovely friend coming to look after things for me here. I know that my garden will be fine. She is going to take Benny home to her place at night then bring him back here in the day time. I haven't told John that we're coming so I hope he gets a nice surprise. Well, everyone I hope all are well and Chrissy that is wonderful news about your brother. What a wonderful Christmas present for you. I hope that he keeps improving. All my best wishes to everyone. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. I thought it would be a lovely day as yesterday was. that changed when I went outside and got rained on. It is not very cold but one does need a cardigan on. Supposed to be cold enough for snow on the mountains by the weekend. The weather person upstairs is very confused, I think.
I did manage to get a few photos of the latest epis as the rain was short lived.
Yesterday , I repotted all the orchids in nice fresh mix. They should reward me with many blooms next season. Pigs may fly too.
Hello Kat. I love kangaroo meat and used to buy it in Coles until they discovered it was selling well and put the price up.
We had plenty of it when I lived in WA, as we could go out and get our own anytime. I also love goat and emu but cant get those at all here.
We seem to be stuck in a rut of the same old meats . In the city one can find butchers with different meats. I am definitely a carnivore. I do love my vegies, but not on their own.
Hello Teresa, hmmmm squirrel. Now one really has to try these things before saying ugh. Is all comes down to what you grew up with , I suppose.
Hello Charleen, no we won't eat any mules or donkeys. Charlie and friends are quite safe.
Hello Chrissy, I'm still watching those brug buds.
Hello Colleen, Elaine, Anthony and anyone else out there.
Pop in for a chat and a cuppa. The kettle is always on here,
I am going to try and get some shelves up this morning between showers.
I will leave you with something yummy. Shortbread Cookies.
Happy gardening
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Colleen, so sorry about Brians son. Such sad news at Christmas . May he be at peace with Brian now.
We'll see you when you get back, with lots of plants I bet. John will be very surprised to see you. Enjoy the time.
Jean.

Jean, got up and the Temp was 16 but now it is 36 degrees. Warmed up a bit. Winter is here and I don't care for it. Charley and longears send warm nuzzles of love to you all.
they are so cute.

Brisbane, Australia

Colleen, sorry to hear your sad news. I'm glad you are going to have Christmas with your son. Have a safe and memorable Christmas and bring back lots of plants!

Brisbane, Australia

Colleen, my sympathies too. It has been a rough time for you, and I truly hope that Christmas brings joy and fondest memories to share.

Karen

barmera, Australia

Thank you Jean Kat and Karen. Yes it's not too good around here at the moment but as the saying goes ' life goes on". A pic of my garden to cheer everyone up. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

sorry to hear your news Colleen.
2010 hasn't been a kind year in many ways ...yet our gardens offer us comfort (except for the weeds).
Your garden looks very pretty ...it's about to become a jungle like mine when the brugs grow up.

I remember Kangaroo tail soup as a child ...it didn't last long.

Your garden looks lovely, Colleen.....
It's a credit to your hard work.......
Have you decided when you are going to John's.
What a lovely surprise it will be for the boys....we will expect lot's of pics when you return.
Though you won't be the photographer.....now that you have 2 apprentices.
Here is the new Petunia.

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Sit down with a cuppa and watch this.....it's really beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsTqmEeBKhw&NR=1

barmera, Australia

Dianne that was absolutely fabulous. What reflexes and strength. Colleen

Brisbane, Australia

Amazing flexibility and control. And um, are people really allowed to be that skinny? I'm jealous.

Karen

She's probably only 6, Karen....lol

Brisbane, Australia

Oh, poor thing.

Good morning. I hope no one had any hail damage yesterday. We don't normally get hail here, but yesterday was a bad one. My frangipanni suffered broken branches and some of my pot plants were damaged. I've never seen hail that size. When it started, the wind was wild and the air full of debris. It hit the house, and it took me a couple of moments to realize there was hail in it, making all the noise. I was waiting for a window to get smashed. But no, didn't happen. And it didnt' last all that long. It move very fast.

So hope everyone was safely indoors when it came through, if it came in your area. Very foggy out there this morning.

Karen

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Karen, I hope you don't get any further hailstorms. They can be frightening and very noisy.
We started yesterday off with a very cold morning then it warmed up enough to take off the jumpers before getting clod again in the late afternoon. I just give up on the weather and what to wear.
I was very naughty last week and bought seven bromeliads, yes 7, on eBay. They were all only very cheap and I think Leisa was watching and pressing the buy button in my head. I was s p pleased when they arrived yesterday. All large and beautiful Two have pups and flowers.
I must take more pics of all the broms soon as some are starting to color up beautifully. The ones I bought are. neos. Charm, Strawberry, Jean Black,Royal Robe and aechmeas Fosters Favorite, Burgundyand Organensis.
I must stop as the shadehouse is full.
Today I am going to definitely get the shelves up in the zygo house.
The epis are still going. Another 4 to open , then I will have another year to wait. I am hoping to get in and do a lot of trimming once the flowers are gone . I will put all the trimmings on eBay as its a great way to enlarge ones collection.
Anyone who would like some free cuttings, Dmail me.
Anthony, I am watching those mystery liliums that came up and the flower seems to be yellow and red. I cant wait to see them open fully.
Hello Dianne, very pretty petunia. Arent there some lovely colors in them ?
Hello Colleen, Have a great time away.
Charleen and Louise, have a very Happy Christmas over there. It is really sneaking up on us now.
i was very disappointed to see no decorations at all in Hamilton main streets. I think the shire has gone mad. They gave up on a real tree this year or even a fake one that looks like a tree. Instead, there is a great wooden monstrosity . Looks like someone went mad with wooden antlers and threw them together then added a few large balls. Noone likes it at all. Must have been designed by one of those uppy arty types. Looks more like an odd monkey bars. I bet the kids love climbing on it when noone is around.
At least the smaller towns around are putting up pretty things. It doesn't cost much for a bit of tinsel here and there.
Hello Everyone else, I'm off outside. Its cold but the sun is coming out so I'll find a place out of the wind .
Have a happy day and I hope those storms up north are gone for you all.
Try this Blueberry Vanilla Cake.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Not quite as cold as yesterday. 34 degrees today.
Went and got longears their hay, so they are happy.
calling for bad weather this afternoon, just got to wait and see.
Spring is coming☺

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone!

Colleen, I'm so sorry that your family has lost another precious member. Your beautiful garden must give you some comfort, and I am sending you hugs as well. I hope you enjoy your visit with your son and that your Christmas is meaningful and peaceful.

Chrissy - nice to hear you have some good news!

Dianne - look, look! We have the same petunia! It's such a small world, isn't it?

Hello Jean, Charleen, Kat, Anthony, Karen, Elaine, and anyone else sipping a cuppa! The freeze is over here for now, so I planted 20 more impatiens to cover the next time it dips that low!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Yes it's still am here. Cool and a bit overcast, but quite nice here. It will be lovely for Christmas if it stays like this. All my plans are slowly coming together for the surprise now. The boys don't know that we're going either so that will be great for them. Went and got 4gb of memory each for them for their cameras. They've got more memory than me now. Can't wait to see their little faces. I know that they seem a bit young for such a gift but the toys these days are soooo expensive and they grow out of them so quickly that I thought that they would get more use out of these. Time will tell I suppose. Thanks you everyone for your kind thoughts about Kev. Yes Louise my garden does help a lot. I just take my cuppa and sit out there sometimes. It's very comforting knowing that Brian's cactus and Brugs are here. They are very pretty Petunias . Such happy little plants aren't they? The lilium flowers have been pretty special too, lovely colours and shapes. Every flower has it's own beauty though hasn't it? Even the cow throp and soursobs. Well must go now and do a bit more. be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Brisbane, Australia

It's almost 2 pm and green and black outside..we are between two fierce cells..so are getting heavy rain and I think we got mostly melted hail but the radar shows this is a little gap before the second lot hist. We seem to get protected by Mt Coot-tha which divides the dtorms so they go either side of us..touch wood. Trees are a worry though.. How are you, Karen?

and here it comes...

Brisbane, Australia

That was pretty fierce and the winds were wild..it was wilder than the first cell but we are okay..there is another storm coming but we aren't yet right in the path of it. The forecast is for wild and unpredictable weather for a few days or weeks..and more storms this afternoon. As the first storm started, the lightning scared the chooks and they all froze where they were with their tails down so I just collected them all and locked them up..normally they scurry for cover but the lightning seemed to spook them. I'll keep them locked up till it all blows right over..at least they are not being blown away in the jungle! Stay safe everyone!

Karen and Kat...hope that storm didn't do too much damage....Just saw it on the tv.....odd weather isn't it.
Poor chooks, I just read your post. Kat

Colleen, cow throp has to be a SA name...what is it, please?
Hey Louise, I will be baking the Mango cake with real mangoes, on the weekend...My family and friends will enjoy it.
We will have Christmas cake as well, but the Mango cake with a dob of cream, is really yum....
Thank again for the recipe.

Today was my mother's christmas party at her care facility....there was an amazing magician there to entertain the residents.
Everyone had a great afternoon.
Colleen, what day do you leave?

Must go and try to collect the seed from the double poppies...I have put a tag on the doubles, but they are buried under the Scabiosa, which is threatening to smother everything.......the Scabiosa plants that I purchased have stayed at a reasonable height, but the seedlings are twice as tall....in fact they resemble Cosmos....maybe you have to cut them back when they are young..to make them more compact....
Oh well, the flowers are very pretty.
Here is a Jacobean Lily.

This message was edited Dec 16, 2010 4:57 PM

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Chrissy Hope there's no damage at your place from the mad storm all OK here but the second storm is about to hit here .--------------elaine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.