Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 78, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 78

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 78
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Karen, I hope you don't get any further hailstorms. They can be frightening and very noisy.
We started yesterday off with a very cold morning then it warmed up enough to take off the jumpers before getting clod again in the late afternoon. I just give up on the weather and what to wear.
I was very naughty last week and bought seven bromeliads, yes 7, on eBay. They were all only very cheap and I think Leisa was watching and pressing the buy button in my head. I was s p pleased when they arrived yesterday. All large and beautiful Two have pups and flowers.
I must take more pics of all the broms soon as some are starting to color up beautifully. The ones I bought are. neos. Charm, Strawberry, Jean Black,Royal Robe and aechmeas Fosters Favorite, Burgundyand Organensis.
I must stop as the shadehouse is full.
Today I am going to definitely get the shelves up in the zygo house.
The epis are still going. Another 4 to open , then I will have another year to wait. I am hoping to get in and do a lot of trimming once the flowers are gone . I will put all the trimmings on eBay as its a great way to enlarge ones collection.
Anyone who would like some free cuttings, Dmail me.
Anthony, I am watching those mystery liliums that came up and the flower seems to be yellow and red. I cant wait to see them open fully.
Hello Dianne, very pretty petunia. Arent there some lovely colors in them ?
Hello Colleen, Have a great time away.
Charleen and Louise, have a very Happy Christmas over there. It is really sneaking up on us now.
i was very disappointed to see no decorations at all in Hamilton main streets. I think the shire has gone mad. They gave up on a real tree this year or even a fake one that looks like a tree. Instead, there is a great wooden monstrosity . Looks like someone went mad with wooden antlers and threw them together then added a few large balls. Noone likes it at all. Must have been designed by one of those uppy arty types. Looks more like an odd monkey bars. I bet the kids love climbing on it when noone is around.
At least the smaller towns around are putting up pretty things. It doesn't cost much for a bit of tinsel here and there.
Hello Everyone else, I'm off outside. Its cold but the sun is coming out so I'll find a place out of the wind .
Have a happy day and I hope those storms up north are gone for you all.
Try this Blueberry Vanilla Cake.
Jean.