Free Seed for Newbies!11/18/2010 Directions to get your seed

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I havent heard ...why do you think it has been mailed again S99

It is on it's way to San antonio Texas. Do we know anyone from there with Zip code ending in 111????? LOL Her DG name could start with a S.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

yeay!!!

Should be there tomorrow. BIG SMILE!

oops wrong robin sorry

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

She hasn't landed at my house yet..........

She is still flying around gathering seeds so you all will get plenty when she arrives.
She will get to you all soon. (Two thumbs up and big smiley)!

Wooohooooo. I LOVE seeds. ~smile~ :-D

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm scrambling to get some packages out before the Robin lands in Bremerton. I don't want to lose the poor thing in a pile of packages on my desk.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Robin, I went through my box last night and found I had lots that i had gathered but not separated and put into little individual baggies. After two hours of bagging I'm calling it quits. I'll be mailing your canna and swap seeds today. If you don't want to bag them, then toss.
Mittsy

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ill bag them Mittsy!! Thank You

I'll send extra bags. Thank you! The older I get the longer it takes me to get it done. I accomplish half as much in twice the time. I'm beginning to feel those birthdays!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Me too Mittsy me too!!

Box was mailed this morning. I packed the canna as best I could with what I had on hand. I think you'll like them and be able to share with your neighbors. Three day Priority mail.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Was a flight path or sequence posted? I'm wondeirng when i should hover over my mailbox.

Corey

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Your an Angel Mittsy!! Thank you
I will see if I can find out who the package is on the way to...

Well there was an order to go by , but I left the shipping labels numbered in the box and forgot to keep a copy to look at. :-| sorry.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

No problem. Anticipation makes it sweeter!

Almost invariably, as soon as I seal a box for shippinhg, I discover something else that needs to go in or come out.

Like the address label!

Corey

I am embarrassed to tell ya but I taped it shut and reopened 4-5 times and still forgot a couple packs of seeds and just sent it on anyway. Then after it flew off, I remembered something else I was suppose to add like a paper with the list of what seeds you all would like in there. Blinking and rolling eyes! Sigh.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

If anyone had asked me why Deejay's RR box had so many layers of packing tape I would have said "to re-inforce the lid".

Sure, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Kind of like the method for figuring out what you really want when you're ambivalent about something. Tell yourself you'll do it one way if a coin-flip comes up heads, the other way is tails.

Then listen closely while the flipping coin is in the air.

If you hear yourself muttering "I hope it comes up heads!", then you know what you really want.

After I seal the box, I remember what I should have put in it.

Corey

I was beginning to think Arejay wouldn't be able to get into it after so many times tapeing it up. GORSH!

Do we have a time limit in which to put the Robin back in the air after we receive it?

There is not really a time limit but others want it too so we try to get her flying again as soon as we can. Do you need some time to get it ready?

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I did pick up the box today from the apartment office! I went thru it and picked out some herbs . . . put my seeds inside. Haven't taped it shut yet . . .

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I decided that next time, I would PRETEND to tape it shut.
And put it in the closet.
THEN see if I remembered what I left on the wrong side of the tape!

What to call sustained anticipation? Suspense? Suspension? Sostenuto?

Corey

mekos, I haven't had it yet, just wondered

That is fine. But if you need time when it does arrive, just let us know so we know it is not lost and it is ok. Don't want to rush people but just want everyone to have time to look up names if ya need to and check out the seeds to see if they would like to try them.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning everyone...

Mittsy if you are here...you are an Angel of the newbees...even when the holidays are not so close by. Thank you for the wonderful package full of seed.

Ben I got your envie and thank you also for the extra stamps. It is on its way back today.....

I am off to Florida for a week to get warm and maybe find some seaglass...
Everyone have a great week.

Thumbnail by arejay59
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Arejay... where in FL are ya headed???

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah Robin - maybe you can meet cue and Lucy - lol...

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Lemon Bay area do you know it?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

♪ ♫ ♪ ♥ Happy Birthday Mittsy!! ♥ ♪ ♫ ♪

Hope your day is grand!!

Thumbnail by locakelly

Thank you, it was.

belated "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" mittsy!!!!!!!!!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Ok, so I did grab one of the wildflower mixes as well before I taped the box shut.

The box is on the way to the next person . . . I don't think we're supposed to say who? But I think it's ok if I say it's going to the Pacific NW region of the country?

Nichole

Sounds like it is in for a cold flight! Hope everyone is having fun!
Happy beleted birthday wishes mittsy.
Sorry I have been with my friend in hospital and another who is having a rough time at home with hospice.
But I will be back as I can check in. Have a great day. Cold here, was 18 last night and suppose to be 14 tonight so brrrrrr everyone, stay warm.

We were at 40 degrees this morning, pretty cool for us here in Cocoa Beach. Didn't bring my flannel sheets to Florida.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Just in case that's me, I'll continue haunting my mailbox every day.

Good luck to your friend, as far as that's possible with hospice. Maybe "peace of mind".

Corey

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Ah, your going to the West Coast Arejay. That's about a 4 1/2 - 5 hour drive SW of here (I'm 30 miles N of Daytona on the East Coast... NE FL.) Hopefully the weather will be much warmer there as its been in the upper 20's here in the mornings :). Contrary to what the rest of the country assumes, FL isnt always warm and sunny...lol, we do have quite a few freezes here each year.

Well, you just bundle up Cue and keep warm. It is cold here too.
Thanks for the prayers everyone. We had a great Christmas for Wes. He enjoyed it so much.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.