Free Seed for Newbies!11/18/2010 Directions to get your seed

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

NOtice Notice notice!!!! My stamps backup is very very low...it sometimes takes more stamps then are sent depending on how full the envelope is...If you can send 6 instead of five...greatly appreciated!!! Thank You

We came from here..... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

K here we are!! This thread is for Newbie information and questions, No scrambles on this thread...

To get your free seeds

Be Sure to put your dmail name and a note of wants in your envie, along with return name and address
Address exchange is here http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/
You have to add your information to be able to access everyone else's

Please feel free to Dmail me with questions
Many of us "oldies" and some Newbies would like to share our seeds with those of you new to Dave's. By new, we mean you joined in the last 8 months(or so) and are a paying member.
Send me a SASBE (Self addressed, stamped bubble envelope) and we'll send you 10 packets of seeds. (Usually more, depends on our stash) That's all there is to it. Let us know you are sending your envy. Just Dmail me with sent envie today in the subject. You will get a good variety of good seeds.

If you can, stick a note in your envy and tell me they types of things you like. Veggies and Flowers, some seeds you are looking for, stuff like that. It will help me fill your envy. I can't always get just what you ask for, but will try.

Postage keeps going up so now we need five usually,

Send 5 stamps and an address label with your name on it.
4 of the stamps will go back on your return envy, the extra will go into the "pot" I don't use it for personal use, but it helps when some mail comes with postage due and when the "oldies" send boxes of seeds sometimes there is postage due.
Best thing to do is just send me an empty bubble envy with your label and stamps inside. I can use that same envy to send your seeds back. Saves that envy!!
Also, if you will scotch tape the envy to send to me, I can use the self adhesive and won't destroy your envy pulling them open when I get them.
Please make sure you put enough stamps on your envelope you send to me. An empty bubble envy is at least 84 cents, so two stamps. If you are sending seeds, it's more of course.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR D MAIL NAME WITH YOUR ENVY.

I am in the address exchange, so you know where to send the envy. If you can't find it, just d mail and I'll shoot it right to you. At the top of your home page, you'll see the link "EXTRA'S" ,Go into that link, scroll down and you'll see the address exchange this goes to the exchange http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/ you have to add yourself to the exchange then you can get my address.

Oldies! lol If you would like to donate seeds, it would be great.!! I know how much I loved it when I was new and someone sent me seeds to get me started. Now I want to pay it forward and maybe you would too.

For those of you who would like to help the newbies, but just don't have a lot of seed, if you would like to trade for seeds, that is great as well. Send seeds for the newbies and I will send you the same amount back. Put a note in with your DG name and let me know what you are looking for also.
Happy Gardening Everyone,
Robin

This message was edited Dec 14, 2009 10:17 AM

This message was edited Jan 15, 2010 1:42 PM

This message was edited Jan 29, 2010 6:15 AM

This message was edited Feb 8, 2010 11:46 PM

This message was edited Feb 25, 2010 2:49 PM

This message was edited Feb 23, 2011 6:37 AM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

It's ME!!!!!!!! Yippee...... lol.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Robin, I noticed seed pods on the Firecracker Canna. Have you used them all or would you like more? I can package them up with pictures and growing info. The flowers aren't very showy but the foliage is wonderful.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I have used every single one of them Mittsy!!We would love to have them !! Thank You, your cannas grow everywhere across the US!!

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful Mittsy

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

What a delicate Canna bloom - very pretty mittsy;o)

Nice Mittsy

I made it finally!

Thumbnail by mekos

Will gather my pods today. I also have an abundance of seeds from a plant that bloomed while I was up north. One dried up trumpet shaped bloom left, white, I think. Might be a Brug or something similar. I'll take a picture of the pods and you can tell me if you want the seeds. My yellow and orange spotted Cannas are blooming, must be a hybrid as they don't produce seeds.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Must be the Wallace Canna? I love mine! http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/43587/

Thumbnail by arejay59
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

LOL @ your picture mekos:o)

Pretty Canna Robin... You have to dig 'em up every fall?

That is INKY( watering my yellow truck ) marking my spot. Sigh

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes I have to dig them up!! Did I mention s510? http://cubits.org/notfortheserious/thread/view/42586/

For those of you that know about my Mojoito, she is starting labor right now. Hoping to have babies soon.

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I didn't know Mojito was having babies! Are you rally excited? She's so tiny and cute;o)

She had a couple pushes already but will be a while yet. I am sooooo excited. RRM is her god-mother and I think she is more excited than me if that is possible.

This is my Canna, don't think it's the same.

These are the seeds and pods from the mystery plant that I think might be a brug.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Let's try again on the spotted Canna.

Thumbnail by mittsy

The seed pod picture is of a Datura, moon bush.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

The spotted Canna is pretty! Mekos is right - those are Datura pods/seeds.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

THe Canna is beautiful!! Yes looks like datura to me...

Great, now that we know it is a moonflower , do you want the seeds? I can bag them up 15 seeds to a package. I need to thin out those Cannas, anyone want them for postage?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes Mittsy!! We can Noid the datura I get a lot of request for datura...

Quote from mittsy :
Great, now that we know it is a moonflower , do you want the seeds? I can bag them up 15 seeds to a package. I need to thin out those Cannas, anyone want them for postage?

I would love to have canna's

Crit

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Angela...me again...your newbee package just came back in the mail...label must have fallen off luckily my label was under it... I will send it back out tomorrow right behind...yes it is on the way the ROund RObin is in flight first thing in the AM!!! Donald...get ready!!

Thumbnail by arejay59

Cool. I'm patient ^_^ BTW that is a really pretty flower!! Excited about the round robin! Bit nervous, I'm praying I don't flub it up.

I went out and bought some Hollyhock seeds from the store to compare them with this baggy my neighbor gave me. I have no clue if these are hollyhock seeds now. At least the Poppy seeds are a bit easier to identify.

Edit to add, I got Brugmansia cuttings today in the mail. My mom grows them so I guess it's "like mother, like daughter" eh? I'm trying to get her a paid account on here for Christmas.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2010 11:58 AM

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Your Hibiscus is very pretty Robin;o)

Gorgeous Bloom Arejay! I think the freeze ate mine.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Angela show us the seed we can probably help. You wont flub up!! Newbee seed swap is unflubbable!!
THank you Kell and Jan...how the new Momma doing Jan?

Wish I lived closer to you all, or was independently wealthy and could just jump in the jet and meet you. :-(

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

We all think that now and then Crit...

Loca replied to the post I made. She thinks they look like Calendula.

Thumbnail by tikipod
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes I agree!!

Does this mean I can go forth and buy more Hollyhock seeds? Also does this mean I can't go forth and buy more Calendula seeds?

Don't buy Hollyhock seeds, I'll have to check to see if I brought any with me to FL, but if not I'll have lots of extras to trade from NY.in the spring.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Dont buy hollyhock seed!! You have enough calendula seed there to grow enough seed for all of us!!

I actually have some hollyhocks but they didn't have the other color I wanted. I got some black ones but unfortunately they didn't have anything I thought would go well with them.

I'm eager to plant both the Calendula and Poppy seeds. I have no idea what they look like or what color they are. I think I'll devote a whole pot to both.

I must type like a little kid or something because it appears that some people are a bit surprised I'm an adult. 0.o

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

No we arent surprised...we could probably all tell a story about seed saving and buying that would make you think we were kids too!! Youll have more seeds then you know what to do with when you get the newbie envi and the round robin!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.