ROBIN STORING UP FACTS & INFO FORUM " JOIN US "

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Susie,

I would love to try a few dwarf Yellow cannas . Maybe just put some in with no-one's name, and if any are left when they get to me, I'll take a few?

I was thinking of putting in some squares of wire cloth fo screening seed from chaff. If anyone sees a size they don't have and would like to keep or just test, great. I have some that I think are much too fine for ANY seed, but maybe I'm wrong. Or they could be used to filter fine seed out of water, if anyone "floats" their seeds.

Corey

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Here's pictures of my Dakota Reveille. I got a little crazy with the seed collecting so I have plenty. I also have the Indian Blanket.

Thumbnail by diamond9192002
Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Just got back from checking out the Lantana. They mowed the ditch they were growning in so I didn't get a full plant shot. They are open polinated and some red ones are showing, including a solid red. Last month there was only 2 red ones in the batch, I'll try to get the older berries.

I don't think they are trailing.

Got a nice surprise today. We ordered a grape thru a well know seeds co. and they send a royal red Hydraingea. I called and they are sending my grape. Keep the hydra.

Dane

This message was edited Oct 7, 2010 5:29 PM

Thumbnail by dmtom
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Dane,

You made out like a Bandit!!! How nice of them to allow you to keep the Hydrangea. That's a beautiful Lantana. I don't have that color. Mine are still in bloom but I have no idea where to get the seeds from. I'm still waiting to get seeds from Butterfly Milkweed. I have the seed pods but they have not turn brown, yet. GRRRRRRR

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Yes I got lucky, made up for yesterday (bad day). I'm seeing green and almost black berries. Plant files says to let them dry on the plant then harvest.

Maybe some knows more.

Dane

Thumbnail by dmtom
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

ricky these Canna's Rhizomes are very heavy & there is noway they will fit in with all seeds that will be in the robin
I estamate a possible 400-500 pks in this ,, postage I'm Guessing will be $8. to $10. as it is .

so if you would like I will send you a box & then you can send me the postage is that fair to you ??? JLMK.

well long day going to go finish my mail . you all have a great evening

Athens, PA

Susie --

Nicotiana Sylvestris - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/771/ is this what you have? These are tall. If so, I would be interested in some of the seeds.

Carolyn

J UST WENT OUT & TOOK THIS PICTURE FOR YOU

Thumbnail by deejay9

Aslo Maxine I have these that I Think are the Million Bells ??? you ask for Afriend of mine over town had a hanging basket from her upper patio & the seeds dropped down & seedlings came back in the spring she gave me a few seedling & Here they are .

I will see what i can do as to over witering the plant Can't promise it will work but will see what i can do :)
here is 2 of the colors i have the tag is for an aster next to them that I hope i can get the seeds from.
Oh it was so pretty & I hope it will come back .

Thumbnail by deejay9

here are the others they are less then a inch so so small are these what you are looking for ???
yes they are still blooming even after the 3 frosty mornings .

maybe when i bring them in I can put the plants on brown paper laid out & if the seeds ripen they will drop on the paper & I will be able to find them will let you know .

we have about 5 more good days so i will leave them out till i get my other gardens done :)))
will do my best for i want them next year also :) .

well Bulbs to get stored before going outside to work so happy gardening .
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Susie. Those are the ones.
Going out to spread compost on my weed free [finally] lily bed preparatory to winter. Lovely day here. Temp. is 80 and might set an all time record today and for the next 2 days.

Maxine

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks RickCorey_WA

I've noticed that, in other threads also, that you sign Corey and everyone calls you Rick.
What name do you want to be called?

Dane

Athens, PA

Susie

How tall are they?

Dane - I wondered that as well.... Corey - inquiring minds want to know...

carolyn the Nicotina Plant is about 3ft tall when it is upright we have had a frost so many plants are falling over.
well time for me to lay back have a great evening .

Castlewood, SD

I'm afraid I have to let someone else take my place for this robin. I've unexpectidly started a new job that is very demanding this time of year & 4 kiddos needing to be ran here & there (which has me pulling my hair) It wouldnt be fair to everyone if I wasnt able to be prompt with sending it back out (just trying to take the proper precautions) I've tried to catch up on all the posts but there are just too many needing to be read. If there was anyone that desired seeds from what I have, I'd be happy to send them direct, once again I may not be very quick, but I'll do what I can to see that you'll get them ~ please send me a dmail to let me know for sure.
Thank you
Ayrica

nicotiana seed question-

i gathered all these bell shaped seed pods, put them in a jar. now, as i am putting seeds in baggies to send, i have many teeny tiny brown dots at the bottom of the jar. are these the seeds that are coming out of the bigger pods? each pod is from one flower. does it have many little seeds inside? which do i send? most of the bigger pods have not opened, and i have removed all the ones that did. may i send both?
help please

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

This site:
http://theseedsite.co.uk/db15.html
says:
Nicotiana alata
Solanaceae
Flowering Tobacco

Seedpod is a pointed capsule.
Seeds are tiny brown balls.
Many seeds in a pod.

Their picture of the pod looks to me like a petunia pod.

Corey

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Nicotiana seeds are typically brown, reddish brown or near black for all of the species I know. One way to make sure you have seeds in the bottom of that jar is to take out a few on a plate and tip the plate sideways. Seeds will roll off the plate even though they are not quite round; chaff will slide off.

I left the pods on the plant till they turn brown & then i have a cup or Glass that I Use to go out & Dump seeds from the Brown open pod the seeds will fall right out of that pod 1000 of tiny tiny seeds Into the Glass .

sher I would take the pods out of the jar & Lay out where they can dry maybe on a paper plate .

GM To All

ARuica We All know how other House whole prioities come along :) Maybe you can join in the winter robin :) later . I'm sure there will be one in Feb:).

still lots of yard work to do so i will return later :) Have been working on the Robin flight this morning
maybe i can get it posted this week yet .
will let you know .

susie

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Took the camera to the other side of the fence to get a pic . The Latana is about 4-5'. Don't know how old it is.

Thumbnail by dmtom

EVENING ALL I HAVE STARTED ANOTHER NEW THREAD FOR CHAT FOR OUR DIAL UP FRIENDS.
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO DO SO .

COME ON OVER
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1134330/

I'LL Be back in the morning for chat .
good nite all

susie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.