August is still here!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1120372/#new

EE-green ruffles--surrounded by coleus, impatiens, ligularia and hosta...and there are a couple of ducks in there but are barely visible now.

Thumbnail by duckmother
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It seems the ones you want to spread don't and the ones you don't want to spread do! I have just a plain old EE that keeps just popping up all over the yard. I guess the squirrels are toting it around because it comes up too far away from the parent for the runner to spread that far.

Tilt-A-Whirl Coleus

Thumbnail by duckmother

LOL So true!

New Wall Basket. Don't ya just love the ladybug?! KA has one just like it...sorry we got the last 2 ;o)

Thumbnail by duckmother

Collage of Coleus...seems to be all that is still lovely

Top L-R: Dexter, Henna
Middle: Chocolate Mint, Tapestry
Bottom: Gays Delight, Stormy Weather, Sunsation

Thumbnail by duckmother
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Your coleus are gorgeous as usual!

Of course, I must have Ducksfoot Coleus!

Thumbnail by duckmother
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

All the coleus is pretty but I really like that ducksfoot--very unusual! I like the green ruffles EE, too. If you ever get any pups, I would like one, please.

I took a few photos this morning. My purple sweet potato vine is doing well--it doesn't seem to mind the heat at all although a few of the leaves are turning brown. It has blooms on it that are very similar to the blooms on my Mexican Petunia.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Zinnias--these came up voluntarily from seed that was self-sown from last year.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

My loropetalum are blooming again--a surprise. I have neglected these this summer--haven't watered them much at all but they didn't seem to mind.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

All of my Mexican Petunias are blooming now--white, pink and blue. These are the dwarf Katie Blue.

Thumbnail by marsue

Lovely, Marilyn. Are your mex. pet. pink and white dwarf also? When we took out the Italian Cypress this spring, mine pink and whites were taken, also. If they are, may I have a start of each this fall...oh say around October ;o)) Or some seeds?

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I just downloaded pics from my camera taken the day before yesterday:

All these purple Mexican Petunia's with one pink bloom

Thumbnail by crissyr

Does anyone know if Mexican Petunia's are like Hydrangeas, the blossoms change color depending upon the pH of the dirt?

Thumbnail by crissyr
Ripley, MS

I have to go check on my Katies, they may be blooming too---
Crissy, there is a pink one too !

Ruth called me today and she was at the hospital taking antibiotics for her foot again. She said she thought she would talk to the doc about doing a skin graft on it, she is tired of dealing with it getting infected all the time. She is taking the antibiotics as out patient.

Poor Ruth!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Ruth really is having a hard time!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Not a single one of my katies came back this year, kind of odd. never thought we had that cold of a winter.

I just came in from chopping alot of stuff down in the back yard, i've had no time to care for it, so it got chopped down today. Darren will clean it all up tomorrow lol if it comes up next year, it comes up. the rest , doesn't desesrve to have a place here ha.

great looking plants kim, their doing well in this heat. .

Alright, my pic didn't load...

That is odd KA, I'm with ya, I know it was cold but not that cold. Good grief! Here's a Katie for ya.

Thumbnail by crissyr
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy, I don't think the Mexican Petunias change colors according to the kind of soil they are planted in. You must have a separate plant for the pink petunia. If you check it out real close, I imagine you will discover it is a separate plant--if not, you have a mystery! LOL

Yes, Kim, both the white and the pink Mex. Petunias are dwarf and you may have a start of both.

Woooo Hoooo!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That looks like a pink mexican petunia instead of a katie blu e mixican petunia.

I gave away abunch of pink ones once. maybe you got one from me last year.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

This is a pink one blooming in my pond. I don't even remember planting this here but think it reseeded from nearby.

Dang, I must be tired. Hit send instead of browse.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying

I bought this canna late last year and didn't like where I put it. Moved it late this year but it did bloom a little.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying
Jacksonville, AR

Janie needs to play "name this plant" again. It rooted in front of my Oak Leaf Hydrangea. But I didnt have any branches pinned to the ground, and that has been the only way I ever got the Oak Leaf to root and the leaves arent the same..
So is it a weed, a tree or somesort of plant?

Thumbnail by JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

This is Crepe Myrtle, right? Have two large ones. Not exactly the same color, but both look pink-lavendar to me. Put a bed in their area for the first time this year. This is the largest volunteer, anyone need another crepe myrtle?

Thumbnail by JanieP
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Beats me! I don't know!

I'm pooped. Worked out side all day today. Mainly just picking up and cleaning. I had to repot one of my brugs. It out way out grown the pot and wouldn't sit up straight. I discovered the reason was the roots had gone the the hole in the bottom of the pot and had rooted in the ground. I had to cut the bottom of the pot to get it out. Then the major thing I did was power wash the front porch, sidewalk and driveway. It looks so much better!

Jacksonville, AR

I think I got this at Kathy Anns. I labeled it as a Jacob Cline Monarda-wrong. The flower is about 5" tall, almost looks like a gayfeather, but the foliage is not the same. Anyone know??

Thumbnail by JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

Large hosta. Long story, but I bought it about a month ago at an auction when Moss Rock Nursery on Hwy 161 auctioned off everything from a Kabota Tractor to (3) of those hoop type greenhouses that had nothing but hosta in them. I have so little shade, I just picked up Karen and (2) each of (2) different types. I purchased my first houseplants from that nursery over 30yrs ago. Didnt find about the auction until 9am on the saturday they were having it or I would have posted the info on here.

Thumbnail by JanieP

Oh I so wish I would have known about it!!! Glad you got some goodies...

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Janie, that plant in front of your oakleaf hydrangea looks like as weed to me, but I'm not sure. Maybe somebody else can help you on that one.
Yep, that looks like a crepe myrtle to me. I have a couple of volunteers, myself. Need to get them dug up and potted.
Your other mystery plant could be an agastache of some kind. I have the Blue Fortune Agastache. Did I give you a start of it?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

janie, do you have an red texas star hibiscus plants around? that little seedling looks exactly like a red texas star seedling. they pop up around my flower bed.

I'm off to work . You all have a wonderful day!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That tall spike thing, looks like an aggastache, but the only ones I gave away were something summer endless summer maybe or forever something? I forget the name lol might have been mistagged when people were pulling tags and looking at all the names.

i'm not possitive about that red star hibiscus seedling, but that sure looks like my red star hibiscus babies .

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

can you show us the leaves on that plant you think looks like a liatris? the leaves on the liatrus are long and slender, agastache leaves are diff looking. we shold be able to tell by the leaves too.

I have some volunteer red crepe myrtle's coming up, i've been potting them and they 've been surviving;0) got 3 of them.

if they survive the winter, i'll stick them in the front of the house along the line of others that are newly planted this year and are having a hard time surviving right about now.

Deer knocked down the electric fence a couple nights ago, you could see it still sparking on the ground and they promptly ate some peas but I don't think it's permanent damage, Danny fixed the fence, hope they stay away now. the peas are doing real good out there. that's the only thing left in the veggie garden.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sorry to hear about Ruth!!! I need to call her!!! PTL got Mary home yesterday. She is still in a lot of pain but looks better.

Ripley, MS

You tell Mary we said to take it easy--fix herself a lemonade and watch her favorite judge shows !!!
It may take her a while to get her strength back after all she has been through.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL!!! You know she LOVES those judge shows!!!! She is in the recliner and I imagine that is where she will be for 2 more weeks until we see Dr. Fort again.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Praying that Mary recuperates nicely. Give her a big hug from us!

This is a plant that somebody gave me at Jeri's RU. The tag has already faded. I have no idea what it is or who gave it to me. It has this small red bloom on it. Does anybody have a clue as to what it is?

Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn that's a Turk's Cap. Butterflies and hummingbirds love it! Flower doesn't look like much but they really like it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.