Strawberry's & Creme Brugmansia

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi Elizabeth. Now, why would anyone be mad at you? We were just a little corn-fused..lol I have no idea who that one is, so I will guess"Solid Gold".
My Naughty Nick is forming a Y...finally, a little action..The bugs have started eating on some of the leaves on a lot of my brugs, so I have been searching and squishing. Found a couple different types of catapillers..one was a horn worm..don't know what the other one was .I went ahead and removed several leaves cause they were ugly.
Dee

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

No one is mad. Elizabeth we love you....

This is Tropical Sunset. Have no idea what yours is, but know it must smell as great as this one.

This message was edited Aug 8, 2010 7:33 PM

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Looking good, Charleen.I love the yellow brugs.
Dee

This still the prettiest to me right now. Painted Lady.
Thank you Dee. How are you doing? Settleing in???
Charleen

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes, painted lady is a beauty!
Everything is going good here...Yeah, I do believe that I am about settled in.Still working on restoring a couple flower beds, but I'll get them good this fall...after it cools down. Hey, how are your elephant ears doing? I lost my black ones and illustris over the winter, but my others are doing fine...
Dee

I'm planning on bringing them in. They made it. They would do lot better if it rained.
wonder if I could transplant them now????? Put them closer to water?? Poor things.
they sure need water.

This one is smaller but doesn't look too bad.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

You could probably transplant them, now, as long as you keep them watered for a while. I just transplanted a couple that I had in pots(that they had outgrown). I planted them in with the brugs, where they will get watered everyday, and they haven't skipped a beat.I am gonna try growing mine in pots thru the winter this year, on the sunporch. I am tired of them rotting over winter when I dig and store them. They aren't hardy in your zone?
Wonder where everyone is today?
Dee

There's no telling. Been quiet for awhile now. Everywhre.
Dee I have some in a bog. EE. Here is one group.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Charleen, I love that kind of EE. Is that a hilo beauty in the back ground?...the speckled one, that you can barely see.They sure look happy there.
Dee

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Everything is having a hard time in this heat. I got a few Borneo Giants and the ones I kept pots are doing better than the ones in the ground. Here is a picture of an Alocasa Hyb. we have that I took a few years ago. Maggi does not like the picture but it shows the size of the plant better than any picture I have. I dig these up every year and after 5 or 6 years they get so tall that they stop getting any bigger, so I cut them up and root the pieces of trunk and start over.

Thumbnail by kenboy
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is one this year, the table is 2ft. high.

Thumbnail by kenboy
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Wow, Ken, those are huge! Love 'em!
Dee

Ken, You know I'd love to have one of those. Would I have to dig them up??? Send me a d-mail if you want to get rid of a piece.
Dee, it is a hi-lo beauty, did you send it to me??? I have so many. I love them all, if I have to bring them in I will. they were out in Solid sun but I moved the little bogs there and they are doing so much better. They get afternoon sun .
You know I have to keep it wet for the brugs.
I remember Where Elizabeth is; at the races. remember last year she went to them. How exciting for her.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Charleen, I don't think I sent the hilo beauty.I know I sent ya some, but I don't think I had that one. I love them all too! Seem like I love all tropicals..lol
Dee

Maybe SERAY sent it, I can't remember. I know I love the things.

Hamilton, OH

Good evening everyone
I have been busy, my family planned my day out, it's my Bday today, so I had too spend time with the family, here is part of my family, it has been the best day ever

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49

Flea collar on the princess. Bet she didn't like That. Happy Birthday Elizabeth and Many many more. Hugs
Charleen

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,,
Happy birthday dear Elizabeth!
Happy birthday to you!!

^_^ Sheri

Hamilton, OH

This is my Best friends cat, it's the same age as Princess, can you believe the difference
Sheri, Thank you for the Bday wish
Charlene, she doesn't mind the collar

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth! Glad you had a great day! Princess is so pretty. You friends kitten looks tiny.
Dee

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!!! Looks like I got my Internet Service working in time to wish you a happy birthday and hope that it was a good one.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth. I am glad you had a great day today. You deserve it!

Have you got Princess on Superthrive??? She is a lot larger than the other kitty.
I bet you give her more attention and love too.
Happy Birthday Bloom from Tropical Sunset from my friend Ken. Isn't it pretty??

Brownstown, IN

Elizabeth,
I hope your Birthday was full of happy times and lots of love!
You posted a picture of Jay Leno! LOL
DH named him after Mr. Leno because of the white hair with the
black spot! We call him JJ. and he is sooo tiny, his Mama would`nt
take car of him so we went the bottle feeding route now he is big
enough to eat on his own.
Hope everyones brugs are blooming!

Hamilton, OH

Good afternoon everyone, Thank you for all the birthday wishes
Karen, I was so amazed by that little kitten I just had too post a photo of him
Veronica, I am glad you got your internet back, it's so annoying not too have it
Charlene, that Tropical sunset is Beautiful, I was hoping too have some Blooming, this heat is a killer, I thought we were going too have rain today, it got dark, then the clouds cleared up, now it's more humid than ever

Elizabeth

Garenpaw, need to get the kitty some goat milk, that will help it grow. My Mom used to raise baby pigs on goat's Milk.
Elizabeth, new pic of Blood Banana plant. I love the way the suns shinning thru it. Hummers love the clematis and red cardinal vine too.
Charleen

Brownstown, IN

Thank you for the tip Charleen! I will get some goats milk on my
next trip to Walmart, your blood banana plant is beautiful!
Same here Elizabeth, I thought we were going to get some rain too
................I just came in from watering, LOL

Mulberry, FL

Heres a few flowers for you Happy Birthday sounds like you had a good one!

Thumbnail by Danasplants

Me too, second time today. Will go back after the sun down a little to see if I missed any, I usually do.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Good evening everyone.Charleen that Blood banana is beautiful...the whole garden is!
We had a little shower this morning, but not enough to do any good. I turned on the soaker hose that I have in one of the brug beds and was inspecting those a little while ago.And, Elizabeth, I think you were right.They are gonna all start blooming at the same time.That big Painted lady that you gave me has 3 or 4 Y's on it.Now, I'm getting excited...gotta get out back and water in a little bit, and give the others a close inspection!
Dee

You are going to love Painted Lady and her blooms last a good while too. Poor Adora but PL is my favorite.
I transplanted another EE Got the black Magic and I will be through. Maybe in the morning. Very hot today.

Hamilton, OH

Great Pic's Charlene & Danasplants
Karen, we had a good rain, I am surprized that you & Dee didn't have the same, after the rain, the humidity went down, i went out & rearranged some of my plants, of course I got stuck by my prickly pear catcus
Dee you wil get all the Blooms at one time, I have had a time with broadmites, I have been spraying with forbid, I just can't seem too get ahead of them, nasty creatures, I will keep up the spraying, I am actually looking forward too fall

Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey, Elizabeth, got any new pics, to start us a new thread? I will be glad to see fall come too. I want to do some mulching and transplanting, and I just can't do it in this heat.Do you remember what a mild summer we had last year? I was able to work outside on most all of the days. This year has been just the opposite, hasn't it?
Dee

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Has been for me.. way opposite!

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I am mulching today, because of the heat. I only hope I get blooms this Fall. Here in Texas we had snow in April and hit 100 in May. We went from cold and wet to hot and dry in one week. Most Brugs have just shut down in this heat and very few have Y so they may Y and set buds just before the first frost.

It's been bad!!! Been pouring water into dry ground, surrounding a wet spot. The brug is wet spot, supposed to rain this weekend, Lord, I hope so....

Hamilton, OH

Hey Everyone
I started a new Thread, since this one was getting long, I didn't have any Blooming so I used my BF's Brug Photo, see you there

Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

And, here's the link to the new thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1122712/

Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.